New Battlefield Title Announcement this Friday (Not BF3)

MaydaX

Today Ben Cousins, who you might remember from Battlefield Heroes and also head of the new Easy Studios tweeted he is flying to London to announce a new Battlefield title. He has stated it is not Battlefield 3, Battlefield Assault, or Battlefield 1943 PC. The news apparently goes public Friday.

There's a good chance this might be another Play 4 Free Battlefield title. Cousins is the General Manager of Easy Studios, which focuses entirely on Play 4 Free games. The studio is in the same offices as DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.

pyttt: @benjamincousins BF1943 - PC?

@pyttt - nope, it's a completely new title. #Battlefield

Flying to London later today to show a new, unannounced #Battlefield game to the press. News goes public on Friday. (NOT #BF3)

Just to confirm - I am NOT going to London to announce any game called 'Battlefield Assault'. That is just a URL EA picked up.

Community Manager Daniel 'zh1nt0' Matros is also at this EA press event in London showing off Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.

fausto412 : @zh1nt0 where can we watch this new bf game announcement live?

@fausto412 I'm not announcing a new BF game. I'm showing Vietnam over here.

fausto412: @zh1nt0 any new vietnam info we'll see today or just showing it to select peeps?

@fausto412 It's an EA press event. The info will however reach the community in the coming days. Don't know when since I don't run the show.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=163674