lagg

s1ky

Does closing background applications and disabling any firewall/security software resolve the lag?

just installed o/s has nothing running in background only ati drivers and sound all updated as well.I have no anti-virus nor microsoft updates comming in all disabled and no no anti virus on my pc.

Edited by s1ky

Tiscali / Pipex / Freedom2surf = terrible ISP's especially as far as gaming is concerned, normally a lot worse at peak periods.

No amount of tweaking will ever get round the fact that your probably paying over the odds for a crap internet connection.

Couple all that with a cheat related cfg (maybe thats the reason you formatted in the first place :P ) and you probably have the reasons why your network connection is rubbish.

Solutions:

Shop around for a better ISP that can deliver a decent internet connection to your household.

Delete all cheat related material from your pc.

Tiscali / Pipex / Freedom2surf = terrible ISP's especially as far as gaming is concerned, normally a lot worse at peak periods.

No amount of tweaking will ever get round the fact that your probably paying over the odds for a crap internet connection.

Couple all that with a cheat related cfg (maybe thats the reason you formatted in the first place :P ) and you probably have the reasons why your network connection is rubbish.

Solutions:

Shop around for a better ISP that can deliver a decent internet connection to your household.

My ISp is the best I can get in my country. If i lived in a town then I would consider getting fiber optic, I think games like call of duty 4 and so on require fiber optic.

There is alot of data beign transfered you can see why.

p.s PunkBuster really is crap because it only stops "free" public hacks. There are tons of punkbuster methods for bypassing it. There are still people using these private hacks in game.

EG of punkbuster failling,

*snip* No need to give them free advertising :)

Edited by Pisi-Deff

I live in the UK too, and if you think that your ISP is

the best I can get in my country
then you are seriously mistaken.

Punkbuster may be crap, but with the assistance of a third party anti cheat service its a lot better than any other alternative, consider yourself lucky that you were caught on a server that only streams to GV.

If you had of been detected on a server that streams via PBBans, your ban would be a permanent one and not one that runs out on 26 Jan 2011

http://game-violations.ggl.com/index.php?page=_GVPage&GVPage=GVBaninfo&banID=90917

So, you have had a liitle whine, you have received a little advice, if your not prepared to listen to said advice, kindly be on your way :)

I live in the UK too, and if you think that your ISP is then you are seriously mistaken.

Punkbuster may be crap, but with the assistance of a third party anti cheat service its a lot better than any other alternative, consider yourself lucky that you were caught on a server that only streams to GV.

If you had of been detected on a server that streams via PBBans, your ban would be a permanent one and not one that runs out on 26 Jan 2011

http://game-violations.ggl.com/index.php?page=_GVPage&GVPage=GVBaninfo&banID=90917

So, you have had a liitle whine, you have received a little advice, if your not prepared to listen to said advice, kindly be on your way :)

it's not even me, the screenie I got is from a private hack website. Yea they have a thread section where you can post your ownage kills using the bot and atm it's undetected. only takes the coder about 20hours to make it undetected.

shame on you punkbuster.

and for the isp, did you read??? I dont live in a town I live in the countryside. So therefore I canno't get fiber optic.

I thought that saying I don't live in the town would be enough but obviously not.

Edited by s1ky

s1ky,

Please check your original post, I believe you asked for advise.

Attitude goes a long way when asking for advise or assistance. IMO, you forgot that tidbit.

it's not even me

What isn't, the ban link or the cheat advert ?

The ban link is definitely you (one of the benefits of having a static IP :) )

and for the isp, did you read???

Of course I did, let me refresh your memory;

My ISp is the best I can get in my country.

I suppose what you meant to write was;

I live in the countryside and what I have is the best I can get.

shame on you punkbuster.

Just to keep you in the loop, PBBans is a third party anti cheat site, privately run and not affiliated to Evenbalance (the creators of punkbuster software) and I see no shame in a third party anti cheat site detecting your cheat with a routine MD5 scan.

Back to the original question;

You do not need a fibre optic internet connection to game with.

I have an ADSL2+ connection and gaming is a low ping, no issue experience.

You are currently with one of the worst ISP's in the UK, anything associated with Tiscali is to be avoided.

Your ISP is the root cause of any network problems you are experiencing probably due to oversubscription (a well known trait of Tiscali) and if thats the best you can get, unlucky.

But hey, look on the bright side, you got detected with a cheat related file and a cvar that toggles on and off aim help (both related to a cheat that runs outside of the game directory), by a third party anti cheat site that only applies temporary bans for said infraction, if you had been detected by PBBans for the same thing you would not be posting in an open section of our forum, and your ban would be a permanent one.

s1ky,

Please check your original post, I believe you asked for advise.

Attitude goes a long way when asking for advise or assistance. IMO, you forgot that tidbit.

frozer started saying that I am a cheater not taking that shit. im here to get advise not be called a cheater and saying my isp is crap it's not.

Solutions:

Nope no cheats on my PC. Purpose of me playing on punkbuster is it stay away from cheats isn't it :D?

Then theres nothing else to say here is there.

By the way, if you want to appeal your ban you will have to do so via the game violations website.

Here is your banlink;

and here is their faq on ban appeals link;

http://game-violations.ggl.com/index.php?page=FaqDetail&category=6#question51

Have fun :)

• Upvote 1