Server Blacklisted

XixIceManxiX

Ok so I started my server about 2 weeks ago and I initially wanted to stream to pbbans as I want to keep my server cheat free. However when I started the application process I was notified that it was black listed. What on earth did I do to make that happen? I mean its only been up for 2 weeks. I also was allowed to stream to GGC and I am doing so already. However I have heard that I can stream to both and if I can run two anti cheat streams that would make it alot better. I have also been told that it could be a possibility that whoever used this IP before me could have gotten it banned by doing stupid stuff. So can someone please tell me why my server is blacklisted? My server IP is 68.232.178.212;16567.

Thanks,

XixIceManxiX

You know why you server is blacklisted, I had told you only a week or so ago that streaming here would be impossible with people in your clan who have previous cheat convictions. GGC's application procedures may not be as stringent as ours but as it stands with this person in your clan, you will not be allowed to stream here.

• Upvote 1

well im glad that they are letting me stream. the person in questions is attemtping to make a new start. They have a new IP and New GUID. I understand that cheaters are not tolerated here and im glad that Pbbans has such a strong position on it. Unfortunatly this person is someone i consider a friend and for now i suppose ill have to deal with just streaming to ggc and have to spend a little more time vetting people that play in my server. thanks for the info. just wanted to make sure that all avenues were covered.

Fact remains this person cheated and can not be trusted, if other anti-cheat sites allow streaming for your team knowing you have a cheater within your ranks that's their business. However, to keep an individual who has cheated within a team, friend or not, only undermines any anti-cheat stance you attempt to take.

• Upvote 2

This is what we do to people in our clan caught cheating. Get their GUID banned, lock their website account and ban them from TS. If you want a cheat free environment to play in then start with your in-house first.
  • Upvote 1

i prefer not to have "friends" that are untrustworthy. cheating is right there with stealing imo

i might be able to trust a murderer, thieves? never

but it is your server/community/reputation, have at it

well the persons situation is a unique one form what i have been told. its not that i tolerate cheating. that person simply tried to torrent a copy of battlefield 2142 and it had hacks in the file they did not know about. so when they took it online they got hit with a ban. i trust this person to not cheat again. i believe everyone deserves a second chance. if that costs me being able to stream to pbbans than thats the price i have to pay. i am keeping an eye on that person none the less. like i said they have a new ip and a new guid. they have since deleted that copy of 2142 and bought a copy from a store. i appreciate your opinions though.

well thats interesting. the ban is for bf2 not 2142. and if it was a torrent file why is there only uk ip address's and not the scores of other the leaked keys give?

i think someone is lying to you.

that banned account is a name i recognise, and lets just say it was one i was keeping an eye on for a while.

Judging on appeals I've read for that violation, I'm sure it wasn't an accidental download too, however thats up to him to decide, either way he'll not be streaming here. GGC can make their own decisions. I think we can end this topic here as its all rather a moot point :)