Macro

sap

hi,

the macro( person bought a mouse with ) on bfbc2 is legal or not ? for me isn't legal and i fund that :

http://legal.ea.com/legal/legal.jsp?language=en

10. Rules of Conduct.

You may violate the Terms of Service if you:

Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal.

Use or distribute "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications.

i need the anwser for ban and push out one person in my clan or kept the guy.

thank you

Think you should be fine.

I asked the same question about the G15 many moons ago, and was told it wouldn't be a problem.

butt

It's a hard one because while your friend didn't do anything underhanded by purchasing a mouse that just happened to have a macro'ing capability, when all things are said and done, it still provides one person with an marked advantage over another just like a hand coded macro would if it was used in the game.

That said, macro use is generally not a banning offence - normally it's just a kick from the server if the player is caught using them. In all honesty, it would be impractical to ban all G15 users from multi-player servers and when you really get down to it, there's no such thing as a level playing field in PC games anyway because some players have better computers and graphics cards and some have faster internet connections just to name a few of the inequalities.

i love playing against macro users in fps games.

they always do the same move. had a few guys in bf2, would jump left, crouch, roll, fire, jump up and move right. used to own the server when he joined it, until we figured out the moves. then it was aim to the left and kill him every time he started the moves. they are a hindrance as you are tied to a set of moves.

but saying that, ive got several macros set on my pc. hit the button, grab a coffee and the game has started, logged me in, joined the server and selected my kit. i also use them for kick/ban and warnings, save typing the same thing over and over.

there's no such thing as a level playing field in PC games anyway because some players have better computers and graphics cards and some have faster internet connections just to name a few of the inequalities.

but the difference between internet , others and vs macro mouse : the mouse you can change config for shoot 1 ball each 0,005 sec = each clic with macro = 3 to 5 bullets vs normally one. so normally the gaming you can shoot one ball per0.030. do you image the big diference . you shoot one bullet/one clic and the other person shoot 3 bullet/ one clic ( 3 ball same place)

or medical with this no recul beceause one click 100 bullet same place. I think the connection or graphic card its not the same

i love playing against macro users in fps games.

they always do the same move. had a few guys in bf2, would jump left, crouch, roll, fire, jump up and move right. used to own the server when he joined it, until we figured out the moves. then it was aim to the left and kill him every time he started the moves. they are a hindrance as you are tied to a set of moves.

but saying that, ive got several macros set on my pc. hit the button, grab a coffee and the game has started, logged me in, joined the server and selected my kit. i also use them for kick/ban and warnings, save typing the same thing over and over.

yes i now but its not the same macro. you you shoot and jump same time but that didn't change the cadence of bullet.

with macro mouse you can change for exemple medic: one clic 100 bullets and :

- no recul

- 100 bullets same place

beceause the first ball you shoot is the same for the others so.......

Edited by sap

but the difference between internet , others and vs macro mouse : the mouse you can change config for shoot 1 ball each 0,005 sec = each clic with macro = 3 to 5 bullets vs normally one. so normally the gaming you can shoot one ball per0.030. do you image the big diference . you shoot one bullet/one clic and the other person shoot 3 bullet/ one clic ( 3 ball same place)

or medical with this no recul beceause one click 100 bullet same place. I think the connection or graphic card its not the same

Well, the language translator failed somewhat :D but I think I get your general idea regarding the anti-recoil capability of macros versus better computer hardware/internet connection and I agree, macros give a player a far greater advantage than just better hardware/internet connection alone.

I should point out that IMO there is a marked difference between using your mouse software to set a mouse key to a specific keystroke (eg. select a certain weapon) and having it daisy-chain a series of keystrokes together (ie. the good old C4 toss and switch or the auto prone & zoom).

Usually macro users are very obvious when playing against them and any game server admin worth their salt should kick them if told about it. If they don't kick them, my advice would be to vote with your feet and move to another server. The server admin will soon get the message because none of them like forking out money for half-full/empty servers.

Well, the language translator failed somewhat :D but I think I get your general idea regarding the anti-recoil capability of macros versus better computer hardware/internet connection and I agree, macros give a player a far greater advantage than just better hardware/internet connection alone.

I should point out that IMO there is a marked difference between using your mouse software to set a mouse key to a specific keystroke (eg. select a certain weapon) and having it daisy-chain a series of keystrokes together (ie. the good old C4 toss and switch or the auto prone & zoom).

Usually macro users are very obvious when playing against them and any game server admin worth their salt should kick them if told about it. If they don't kick them, my advice would be to vote with your feet and move to another server. The server admin will soon get the message because none of them like forking out money for half-full/empty servers.

lol the real think its i dont use translator ..... probably next time i will use... best idea lol