Firefox Update Released

SuperTaz

will there be a toolbar for v7.0 ?

Toolbar has now been released to support up to FF 8.0 - with BFP4F and RO2 on the games list.

It was meant to come out about 2 weeks ago but there were some issues with the update keys that I've only just had a chance to fix.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

http://www.firefox.com

Firefox 8.0.1 released:

The latest version of Firefox has the following changes:

• Fixed Mac OS X crash that occurred in certain instances when a Java Applet is loaded with Java SE 6 version 1.6.0_29 installed.
  • Fixed Windows startup crash caused by RoboForm versions older than 7.6.2.

The previous version of Firefox introduced the following changes:

• Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
  • Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
  • Added Twitter to the search bar for select locales. Additional locale support will be added in the future
  • Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
  • Improved performance and memory handling when using
  • Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
  • Added support for HTML5 context menus
  • Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
  • Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
  • Improved WebSocket support
  • Fixed several stability issues
  • Fixed several security issues

Please see the complete list of changes in this version. Web and extension developers should also view the curated list of platform changes. You may also be interested in the list of changes in the previous version.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I stopped using firefox a few months back as after a while of having battlelog open in it, it would start to lag my whole pc and the pc would be unresponsive for like half a second every 10-30 seconds.

Since i switched to chrome ive noticed much better performance and much less vram usage as well.

Will that work with battlelog though?

Post above yours. Answer is no because Battlelog requires a 32bit browser to launch the game however using battlelog itself is fine.

Doesn't bother me as games I now play don't require web browsers to play.

Post above yours. Answer is no because Battlelog requires a 32bit browser to launch the game however using battlelog itself is fine.

Doesn't bother me as games I now play don't require web browsers to play.

You don't play bf3 anymore? Guess ill never get your tags then.

I was checking my friends multiplayer stats on the log earlier, you're one of the top players in my friends list for knife kills. (2500+)

What's the point of a 64bit browser? Don't think ive ever seen memory usage go over 1gig before.

Edited by LtMatt

You don't play bf3 anymore? Guess ill never get your tags then.

My last game was about 3 weeks ago. I get no enjoyment from BF3 anymore. Hell the last two games I came close to falling asleep while playing. Even Armored Kill doesn't really interest me.

Now I play Counter-Strike GO and Planetside 2 when I get in the gaming mood. Black Ops 2 is starting to look like my next game providing they fix the main issues I had with Black Ops in the performance department.

What's the point of a 64bit browser? Don't think ive ever seen memory usage go over 1gig before.

It's not just about memory it seems.

What is Waterfox?

Waterfox is a high performance browser based on the Mozilla Firefox source code. Made specifically for 64-Bit systems, Waterfox has one thing in mind: speed.

What makes it fast?

Waterfox was compiled with Intel's C++ Compiler with the following optimisations: Intel's Math Library, SSE3, AVX for supported Intel processors, jemalloc, Profile-Guided Optimisation and the /O3 switch.

Why should I use a 64-Bit variant of Firefox?

64-Bit computing is the future! Any 64-Bit user will notice an instant increase in performance, but that is not the only advantage such as multi-tasking and improved stress handling.

http://waterfoxproject.org/faq/

I've been using it for a few days now and it seems more responsive than Firefox.

My last game was about 3 weeks ago. I get no enjoyment from BF3 anymore. Hell the last two games I came close to falling asleep while playing. Even Armored Kill doesn't really interest me.

Now I play Counter-Strike GO and Planetside 2 when I get in the gaming mood. Black Ops 2 is starting to look like my next game providing they fix the main issues I had with Black Ops in the performance department.

It's not just about memory it seems.

http://waterfoxproject.org/faq/

I've been using it for a few days now and it seems more responsive than Firefox.

Furry muff.

M9NSdjX.jpg

Will that work with battlelog though?

iron is 32bit - no big deal to try it yourself using the portable

No idea here, for all the EA/Origin plugin spammage (mainly just to get the bfp4f patches to update our nametag-hack detection) i use FF portable 3.6.28 :P ... currently under winxp 32bit sp3

i found FF > 12 an unusable annoyance - slooow, buggy, crashfox vs. hangfox, crappy add-on support (under winxp32 likewise w7 64) so under w7 64bit its solely Waterfox for me as of now, no more hang/crash/stall since, it even runs old plugins and themes np. Where required (lack of 64 bit support) i have iron portable and FF3.6 + FF12 portable handy.

40242960.jpg

iron is 32bit - no big deal to try it yourself using the portable <--- this is no installation removing / overwriting anything

No idea here, for all the EA/Origin plugin spammage (mainly just to get the bfp4f patches to update our nametag-hack detection) i use FF portable 3.6.28 :P ... currently under winxp 32bit sp3

i found FF > 12 an unusable annoyance - slooow, buggy, crashfox vs. hangfox, crappy add-on support (under winxp32 likewise w7 64) so under w7 64bit its solely Waterfox for me as of now, no more hang/crash/stall since, it even runs old plugins and themes np. Where required (lack of 64 bit support) i have iron portable and FF3.6 + FF12 portable handy.

I dunno, i consider myself a bit of a computer geek but most of what you wrote there just went right over my head.

It could be the four cans of wife beater i suppose...

• 2 months later...