Need some more info about pbbans

STA - DynoSauR

I just got up a public RTCW OSP server tonight and need to get it streaming. Is pbbans the same as punksbusted in that department or do you guys have a different file of known hack files than PsB? I have really only looked around the admin section of punksbusted in the past and was curious if you share the same master ban list with PsB or what you had to offer any differently from PsB? So essentially I was wanting to know if thee were some added benefits of streaming with pbbans over punksbusted? Thanks much.

I just got up a public RTCW OSP server tonight and need to get it streaming. Is pbbans the same as punksbusted in that department or do you guys have a different file of known hack files than PsB? I have really only looked around the admin section of punksbusted in the past and was curious if you share the same master ban list with PsB or what you had to offer any differently from PsB? So essentially I was wanting to know if thee were some added benefits of streaming with pbbans over punksbusted? Thanks much.

maybe a quick way of answering you would be to state why i chose pbbans over psb :)

to start with i used to check psb out on a regular basis just to keep up to speed with how the anti-cheat movement was moving along and i must say i was impressed with the way things were progressing .. at that time Jolt suits expressly forbade any log sharing with outside sites ... then i noticed a few familiar names cropping up and did a few checks .. yep, convicted cheaters who were on Jolt banlist's were also psb members .. this effectively killed any desire i had to share anything i could bring to the table re anti-cheat :(

after an initial invite from an old pbbans staff member to join pbbans and share logs, i explained the Jolt stance re log and banlist sharing but joined the pbbans forum anyways, i just idled in the background on irc and forums .. the first thing that struck me was that anyone with a cheat conviction was not allowed to actively participate in anything pbbans related .. the second thing was that all bans had to be accompanied by the original log entries so no one could falsify bans .. after a while i made a concerted effort on the Jolt suits to change their no sharing stance and after a week was given the green light .. i have seen clanbase admins get kicked out of pbbans for falsifying logs .. i have seen an active staff member get caught double teaming for the hacking community and thrown out .. there are others as well .. they all went over with no problem to psb and some are pretty high up in their hierarchy .. i guess at the end of the day i could sum up pbbans in one word .. INTEGRITY .. pbbans had it at the outset and it is still a core faction of what we are about :D

if you now have a server .. you can update your forum profile and inform a staff member,this in turn will give you more forum access .. a game admin has more access than a member .. a streaming admin has more access than a game admin and you will be able see the forum post for setting up streaming and be able to see and use what pbbans has to offer

so to sum up .. if you got a server and you got integrity .. hop aboard,your more than welcome :D

If you like to be upgraded to Game Admin...plz fill up your profile with all the info needed....that would be a start, and will make it more easy to decide afterwards

Ok, I updated my profile. I wanted to make sure that you did share ban information with PsB though. I personally know of more RTCW servers that stream to PsB than PBBans and if someone did get caught on my server I'd want to be sure that they were going to be added to the PsB Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) as well. The anti-cheat community should share the list of people that it catches freely.

I recently resigned as a TWL admin because of the way cheaters were being handled by the current RTCW admins. The last straw was when a player from a top OSP team was suspended and then unsuspended because he said the cheater was his nephew living in the same house with him using his same internet connection and also one admin there said that he knew the guy and used to play RTCW with him and knew he didn't hack. That personally doesn't cut it for me and the bias over that incident stunk. After I resigned over this the TWL admins over RTCW did change or someone higher up changed their mind and resuspend the player for one year.

I also did have the League and Ladder access at PsB which also had a GUID Detective which did help to cross reference the GUID's a player used in a variety of games. I don't know if PBBans has something similar or not but, I would hope there would be some secured page where admins can rummage through that stuff and try to catch and re-catch hackers. Especially ones who want to compete. I don't know exactly how many hackers I caught while at TWL but, I'm probably responsible for 10-30 getting suspended from TWL in RTCW and other games as well since I'd sometimes find players who hacked RTCW but, only played competitively in other games. I'd like to keep on trying to catch all the hackers I could and turning them in regardless of whether I'm a TWL admin anymore. So that's what I'm about.

Edited by DynoSauR

Ok, I updated my profile. I wanted to make sure that you did share ban information with PsB though. I personally know of more RTCW servers that stream to PsB than PBBans and if someone did get caught on my server I'd want to be sure that they were going to be added to the PsB Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) as well. The anti-cheat community should share the list of people that it catches freely.

I recently resigned as a TWL admin because of the way cheaters were being handled by the current RTCW admins. The last straw was when a player from a top OSP team was suspended and then unsuspended because he said the cheater was his nephew living in the same house with him using his same internet connection and also one admin there said that he knew the guy and used to play RTCW with him and knew he didn't hack. That personally doesn't cut it for me and the bias over that incident stunk. After I resigned over this the TWL admins over RTCW did change or someone higher up changed their mind and resuspend the player for one year.

I also did have the League and Ladder access at PsB which also had a GUID Detective which did help to cross reference the GUID's a player used in a variety of games. I don't know if PBBans has something similar or not but, I would hope there would be some secured page where admins can rummage through that stuff and try to catch and re-catch hackers. Especially ones who want to compete. I don't know exactly how many hackers I caught while at TWL but, I'm probably responsible for 10-30 getting suspended from TWL in RTCW and other games as well since I'd sometimes find players who hacked RTCW but, only played competitively in other games. I'd like to keep on trying to catch all the hackers I could and turning them in regardless of whether I'm a TWL admin anymore. So that's what I'm about.

Dyno .. let me make this quite clear m8 .. coz maybe it does not shine through ..we dont share anything with convicted cheaters ... and psb have quite a few on their books .. evenbalance make it impossible to stream to both psb and pbbans .. so its up to you who you stream with ... our banlist is there to be used by any concientious admin,safe in the knowledge that every ban is backed up by 100% irefutable proof, our forums are as clean as we can make them (why should hackers have a say) and last but not least the staff and members here possess integrity and no cheat convictions :P

Hrmm......

PBBans was created in 2003 as a separate site. We do not share bans between the two sites. The main reason we don't share the bans is we require the proof for the ban (i.e, the servers streamed PB logs) and by sharing the bans with PsB and vice versa we will not have the "secure" logs. However, we do offer the capability to combine ban lists into one banlist. We would like to have your business here at PBBans but we do not pressure anyone. I also invite you to now post in the Private Discussion Area versus the Public area.