General questions regarding process

boomadmin

Staff-

I have applied to stream our server to pbbans... but was denied because I didn't meet the requirements. Understandable.

But now that I've got to start this process all over... I want to ask a few questions so I'm not spinning my wheels.

1. Our "group" is not a clan nor do we have any intentions on becoming one. We are a loose set of gamers who met via battlelog and just enjoy casual gaming together when life allows it. How are "groups" like ours supposed to fulfill the "clan" type requirement?

2. Dove tailing from #1... since we are just casual gamers and not a full fledged clan... we do not ( A ) run a website ( B ) keep up with any type of roster ( C ) maintain a set of forums. It would be massive overkill for the 2 of us who game together every night and pay the monthly cost of our game server to go to such lengths to meet the requirements to allow us to stream pbbans. Is there some other way we could fulfill this that we are not seeing?

As I understand it now... we have to be an established clan, run a website, run our game servers, maintain a current list of who's playing in our group & establish a forum board just to stream to a service to keep hackers out of our server??... Is this correct?... and if so... this seems a bit overboard as not everyone who pays for a game server wants nor has the know how and time to do all this just to enable pbbans streaming.

To go ahead and cut off the "QQ" comments... yes I understand it's their requirements for their service... but the requirements exclude a portion of the gaming community based on the fact that their not "hardcore gamers" when said service comes highly recommend as one of the best way to keep a clean server. Just sayin'.

Edited by boomadmin

if you ran a website like many pubbers do, we could offer you a line of action like: make an announcement "streaming our servers to pbbans etc." and give us a list of all server admins (GUIDs) - but without we can not prove anything, so i rather see as only viable option to download our public banlist http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php on a regular basis, sorry.

if you ran a website like many pubbers do, we could offer you a line of action like: make an announcement "streaming our servers to pbbans etc." and give us a list of all server admins (GUIDs) - but without we can not prove anything, so i rather see as only viable option to download our public banlist http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php on a regular basis, sorry.

Thanks for the response Benway. I found it somewhat difficult to navigate and find the answers on the website.. hence the post here. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

I don't mind setting up a subdomain from my website which isn't gaming related if that alleviates the problem, I just want to make sure i'm within your guidelines so that I can stream our game server which only two of us pay for at the moment and have scattered people who play with us. The other admin / sure player with me have never run a gameserver and he's not all that tech savvy so I'm left to try and make all this happen to ensure we get fair gamplay in our server.

So if I setup a subdomain with a roster (Him & I) and also have the server graphic from gametracker on the main page somewhere with an announcement that we are hosting a game server... will this satisfy the requirement you speak of in the quoted text?

Thank you again for taking the time to respond to me.

****** EDIT **********

After re-reading your post, On my main website which I run... could I just post a topic there stating what you listed so that it's open for viewing?? Will that be enough rather than setting up a whole new subdomain??

Edited by boomadmin

Basically if you're more of a community site then a clan, all we ask is a pinned topic in your forums which states

1. Intention to stream

2. Server information (can be gametracker banner)

3. Contact details and in game names of all admins responsible for community/server.

I hope that helps?

Basically if you're more of a community site then a clan, all we ask is a pinned topic in your forums which states

1. Intention to stream

2. Server information (can be gametracker banner)

3. Contact details and in game names of all admins responsible for community/server.

I hope that helps?

Really there is no "site" per say... we met and contact via battlelog but I noticed somewhere while applying that battlelog is not accepted. My (personal) site is for php and jquery programming.. but if I need to post a topic on the site itself (not forums because I don't host forums) for verification purposes by pbbans.. I have no problem doing that if it will be accepted as legitimate.

The others stuff (server info & contact details) of myself and the other server admin are no issue. Just need confirmation that will be o.k. so I can start the process again.

Thank you for the reply surfy.

Really there is no "site" per say... we met and contact via battlelog but I noticed somewhere while applying that battlelog is not accepted. My (personal) site is for php and jquery programming.. but if I need to post a topic on the site itself (not forums because I don't host forums) for verification purposes by pbbans.. I have no problem doing that if it will be accepted as legitimate.

The others stuff (server info & contact details) of myself and the other server admin are no issue. Just need confirmation that will be o.k. so I can start the process again.

Thank you for the reply surfy.

Easy option for you is to create a news item on your existing site.

We would be looking for the server address (preferably a gametracker link but not essential)

A statement of intent that your server will be streaming via PBBans.

A staff list or server admin list, that contains the applicants alias.

Re-apply using that criteria and post a direct link to your news item in the comments box of the application form.

Job done :)