Player kicked for two minutes MD5 tool mismatch 9002

Deaths Conundrum aka DC

Admin please most topic to codUO specific, thanks, im an idiot.

Since COD UO may be on it's way out this may be too late. Some of you, like me keep recieving the message listed above, when you ask the admin about it they tell you"you have installed the game improperly", not quite true but close.

The MD5 can be adjusted by the server admins to check for certain violations of their choosing. One of the violations that the MD5 tool will pull up is some of the files found on the 1.51b patch for UO. This is a server side patch and not intended for clients to have on their comps.

The 1.51b was downloaded by servers after installing the 1.51 patch and was designed at stopping a console command that some jerks were using to crash servers, I wont say it here becasue believe it or not some servers are still running 1.51.

Solution: save all if any custom maps or mods you have obtained in the order they were in your main or UO folder, remove UO from your system and run a clean install of UO. Return to file planet and when faced with the 1.51 or the 1.51b dont get goofy and think you may want to run a server. Just get the 1.51, you can save the 1.51B in your documents folder for later if you actually do get around to setting up a server. Reinstall the 1.51 patch. Return your maps and mods to where you took them from and everything will be roses from then on out. Your favorites will disapere but I dont know which file to save for that, sorry. Possibly hunk usage but ask someone smarter than me.

MD5 tool mismatch will also kick for real violations (you know who you are) and at that point your will have to file a ticket with EB, can't help you there. DC

Edited by Deaths Conundrum aka DC

errrr i may be naive here but what has this to do with anything pbbans related

if admins are running a md5 scan for something that clients are not supposed to have then a mail to the server admin involved would be more appropriate asking for removal of that check

a kick for any md5 scan concerning stock files is not bannable

errrr i may be naive here but what has this to do with anything pbbans related

if admins are running a md5 scan for something that clients are not supposed to have then a mail to the server admin involved would be more appropriate asking for removal of that check

a kick for any md5 scan concerning stock files is not bannable

No its not bannable but a list of 20 PB kicks for the same resone doesnt look good for anyone. I posted here becasue anyone searching for information about this kick may eventually end up here. Them reading this would be better than the information I recieved which was to run PB_enable security 0 which did not fix the problem. As I stated before, the game admins insist its your problem not theirs.

No its not bannable but a list of 20 PB kicks for the same resone doesnt look good for anyone. I posted here becasue anyone searching for information about this kick may eventually end up here. Them reading this would be better than the information I recieved which was to run PB_enable security 0 which did not fix the problem. As I stated before, the game admins insist its your problem not theirs.

simple solution = play elsewhere :D

• 1 month later...

I may have done a "md5 scan" mismatch the same way to my self playing Battlefield 1942 Deluxe Mac 1.6.1d. I started a server on my PowerMac G4 Duel 1.0GHz as "Macduels" because my other computer is a Duel G5. (I am new to this sorry if to much Hardware info) The G4 server & G5 worked very well until, I tried to restart the next day on the G5 it said data mismatch the SVR G4 worked still worked well. I tried to use another server & was disconnected 4 times in a row. this is 2 months ago. The guy at the mac store said if I bought the expiation pack Secret Weapons of WW2. I put it on the G5 & I could play for 10 min max. I found that I was not able to update the G5 because of posable Viill. I bought all the virus software & talked with Apple the Computer is clean, it was clean so is the G4 server. So I have tried it all with PB until I was told I could have my PB setting reset but if my computer goes crazy I will have a hardware kick. Guys I have spent allot of time & money on this system & game please give me way to fix this with out all or nothing.

Thank you,

TZ Even_Balance_Technical_Support___Update_a_Trouble_Ticket.pdf

hmm AFAIK Mac version of PB returns incorrect hashes. Evenbalance encouraged not to use md5 tool scans for mac clients

So should I delete the MD5? I ran PB_enable security 0 it worked for 30 min I was very happy until "Disconnect"

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Thomas

You don't have to delete m5 tool scans, only to modify them. Example

pb_sv_md5tool a "" v "superhack.dll" NOT_FOUND

pb_sv_md5tool a "" v "stockfile.xyz" 0 2048 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

and change a to w . Its says that PB should run this check only on windows clients.

You don't have to delete m5 tool scans, only to modify them. Example

pb_sv_md5tool a "" v "superhack.dll" NOT_FOUND

pb_sv_md5tool a "" v "stockfile.xyz" 0 2048 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

and change a to w . Its says that PB should run this check only on windows clients.

Thanks for the tip Foxdie, I will try it now ASPYR said to run updates from the Console/Server app only. but that way I can't update my self unless I run my G4 Server I am running a spy where app to be safe.

Thank You,

Thomas

Edited by Thomas Von Zickell

• 3 weeks later...

I believe he was saying the game admins are saying its pbbans fault because they have the scans running for stock files if you do not have the correct stock files it kicks you out for a pb violation message.This happened to my guys on our cod:uo server and I eventually just had to remove the scan for stock files because it was kicking them after a clean fresh install

Edited by maester