RoC 2.1c

AcE

This is a very small update, and has been slow in coming, but I hope it fixes the majority of the major bug people have experienced in the last release. I'm sorry it took so long, but I'm currently in the process of moving, so work fills all my time (donations are always welcome, if you're in the mood, there's a paypal link at the very top-right of the page). Given that I no longer play SOF2 and don't know when I'll have time to do another proper release beyond these fixes, this is likely to be the last official release of ROCmod from me. But, it may not be the end of the mod... see the end of this post. Here are the files for your enjoyment:

Server file:

http://www.rocmod.rocclan.com/ROCmod-2.1c-server.zip

Client file:

http://www.rocmod.rocclan.com/ROCmod-2.1c-client.zip

Bot-enabled server files (not recommended unless you plan to use bots):

http://www.rocmod.rocclan.com/ROCmod-2.1c-server-bots.zip

== The experimental weapon-enhanced (WP) version is also available, and currently includes the OICW weapon.

NOTE: This version of rocmod is NOT compatible with the regular versions of rocmod, and must not be installed into the regular "rocmod" folder. It must be placed into a separate mod folder, such as "rocmod-wp". Attempting to use the WP version in the regular folder will cause bad pk3 conflicts on all clients.

Server file:

http://www.rocmod.rocclan.com/ROCmod-WP-2.1c-server.zip

Client file:

http://www.rocmod.rocclan.com/ROCmod-WP-2.1c-client.zip

Bot-enabled server files (not recommended unless you plan to use bots):

http://www.rocmod.rocclan.com/ROCmod-WP-2.1c-server-bots.zip

==

Here is the list of fixes and updates in this release:

2.1c - January 20, 2006

-----------------------------

- Fixed: Removed the menu file from the last release which was causing a lot of menu transparency, it's now back to the 2.1a copy

- Fixed: Rare problem with blank GUIDs granting sysop access

- Fixed: File scanner was requesting scans for "(null)" file when scanlist.cfg was empty

- Added: Vote results are now recorded to the log

======================================================

ROCMOD SOURCE

======================================================

Given that I no longer have time to work on ROCmod, I thought it only fair to finally release the source code to the community. Many have asked for it, and I've debated back and forth whether to release it or hold on for another update, but I think this is it for me, at least for SOF2.

The source is being provided publically under the following two conditions:

1. If you use and of the ROCmod source code in your own mod, all I ask is that you please give me credit somewhere in your mod for it. A post here in the forums telling how or where you're using it would be fun to hear too.

2. If you need help working with the code, post your questions here in the ROCmod forum, or any other SOF2 modding forum. But DO NOT contact me on MSN or via email about it. If I had time to help with someone else's mod, I'd still be working on ROCmod. There are plenty of people on the forums that can answer your questions. I may stop by on occasion and answer questions I see in the forum, but it will be limited to the forum.

Without further delay:

http://rocmod.rocclan.com/ROCmod-2.1c-src.zip

This is basically an unedited copy of my development folder, so the paths within all of the batch files will have to be changed to fit the location of your SOF2 compiler. Have a look around, there's a lot here beyond the standard SDK.

I've also created a few new categories here in the forum that you may have noticed, feel free to use them for your modding discussion and help as you explore the source code and/or work on your own mods.

So, there it is. Enjoy!

Source

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Heres some info on Pro-Roc so you guys know

Originally Posted by noblecomputing.

Everyone needs to understand that this was and always will be a custom mod. I paid arrnor over a 1000 dollars for the mods that I have in my rocmod-noble. Since arrnor is no longer able to do the coding, I am using XYZ now as a replacement for Arrnor. And this will remain private mod. Why XYZ brought the announcement over here, I don't know.

End of story.

http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php...162#post2614162

So Pro-Roc 2.4 will not exist to the public it will only be on Noble servers and to his customers who he hosts.MerrickDS from sof2files has already asked another coder to take over this work and he says rocmod will be in good hands so lets see it get done.The new modder will be working with the rocmod-noble source code,rocmod source code and osp source code and hes working on getting goldrush to help out with adding some new features.This will be a great mod and hope to see this mod get done shortly.As for Pro-Roc you have commited infringement on the GPL by not releasing the source and also Stolen Roc Arrnors name by using Pro-Rocmod as your mod name.

As said here

http://rocmod.rocclan.com/viewtopic.php?t=...der=asc&start=0

RoC[- Arrnor"]For clarification, I've been talking to Death and I have to agree with the majority of the opinions here. If people want to take the ROCmod source and use it in their own mods, thats fine and they can take it where they like. If someone wants to "continue" ROCmod in some form and continue using the name, then this is the place for it. I don't mind if people want to continue where I left off, as long as the community is preserved and the credits and differences between the two versions are very clear.

If Death wants to work on ROCmod here as I've done, that's fine (with the above conditions), but that's just one person's decision and doesn't limit anyone else from doing the same or similar. Ultimately, the source is public for people to use as they wish. It is the mod name and community that I'd like to keep intact and in one place.

Have fun!

Sorry to say after all the hard work Arrnor put into this mod we have little thiefs running around the sof2 community using sources and using the name rocmod and not releasing it to the public all because they let someone corrupt them with money ($300) then turned around and said I'll sell it to you if you donate ($700) im not gonna pay for something that was meant to be released to the public and this isnt a bidding game on who can buy your Mod.You may have been a great modder in sof2 with Admin Mod and Pro -Mod but now you trashed the sof2 community with Pro-Roc you would have gotton more money from the whole sof2 community then 1 sad server host.

Sorry for my rants and ravs guys but this needed to be said and needs to be posted on all websites that support sof2 and Rocmod

Heretic will also be continuing with ROCmod (Death) but he will be releasing it to the public at no charge... he has even come up with an auto updater so no more goin to the site to download it, just run his .exe and it downloads it for you... :mellow: I was hesitant at first but he seams to realy want to continue on with the way rocmod has been... he has already made releases with some bug fixes in them... check it out...

Heret!c Mod

Edited by Overkill

Except he was told to stop hiswork by Roc Arrnor because he came to the site using the name sof2 rocmod and created a website for it so he was told to quit working on it.He said he did that was that last I heard about Heretics Rocmod and your link dont work.Not sure if hes still continuing or not but if he is great will be great to see rocmod working again and updated

Edited by maester

He implemented a code in his Rocmod-Pro 2.4 that makes him and noble god on every server that uses that mod and he cant be removed which means they have total control of everyones server shows how he corrupted Arrnors work also makes a major security issue to your server also

That heretic mod there's some things he added that make me think hmmm & wtf are you thinking.

Added: Sysop Spec Block Code. Can't Spectate a Active Sysop

My first answer to that is, Why got something to hide.

Added: Admin Command - guidrelax. Admins can now change the guidrelax on the server.

Great idea now dumbass admins can just screw up your server.

Added: New Adminref. Founder is now available! Now with powers Beyond the sysop. Founders can reboot server form adm command and much more.

A definate hazard and i quote maester *major security issue*

He implemented a code in his Rocmod-Pro 2.4 that makes him and noble god on every server that uses that mod and he cant be removed which means they have total control of everyones server shows how he corrupted Arrnors work also makes a major security issue to your server also

Im talking about Pro-Roc not Heretics mod but you make good points on heretic mod

That heretic mod there's some things he added that make me think hmmm & wtf are you thinking.

Added: Sysop Spec Block Code. Can't Spectate a Active Sysop

My first answer to that is, Why got something to hide.

Added: Admin Command - guidrelax. Admins can now change the guidrelax on the server.

Great idea now dumbass admins can just screw up your server.

Added: New Adminref. Founder is now available! Now with powers Beyond the sysop. Founders can reboot server form adm command and much more.

A definate hazard and i quote maester *major security issue*

Yes this does pose a problem but the hidden sysop was added to rocmod-noble also as GOD.Adding all these features to herectic is making it just like rocmod-noble in my opinion and that mod is used for cheating servers mostly.Cants spec God,Sysop are invisible in spec what are they gonna do next make theadmins invisible bodies so they can kill everyone?

Im talking about Pro-Roc not Heretics mod but you make good points on heretic mod

I knew that m8, Overkills post about heretic mod made me think about that then post hehe.

Adding all these features to herectic is making it just like rocmod-noble in my opinion and that mod is used for cheating servers mostly.

Agreed

Cants spec God,Sysop are invisible in spec what are they gonna do next make theadmins invisible bodies so they can kill everyone?

That wouldn't suprise me lol.

I used rocmod-noble to catch cheaters @ 1 time when I didnt use pb but now I stream to pbbans so I really have no use for it anymore and found out why I cant get on herectics mod lmao he banned me when I defended Roc Arrnor because he created the domain sof2rocmod.com and Arrnor asked him to post any mods using the rocmod name @ his forum lmfao now I know why lol

Edited by maester

yeah then xyz a.k.a RyanX the creator of adminmond and promod decided after Arrnor told Death he had to do it on rocmod.rocclan.com he came and said he would take over then he turned and sold it to nobleman after getting everyone @ sof2files hyped up lmfao