Is this the right forum

Mack Attack

Over a year ago I went to a server and didn't notice but downloaded the z_nofog.pk3 file. I went into a couple of servers before I noticed I had it and got booted from the server (as well I should have). The server pb admin got ahold of me to let me know what the deal was and I deleted the file. PB has this in my guide list. as an md5tool mismatch. I got banned from a server recently because I was owning and they said I cheat and could prove it because this is on my PB violation list and sent me an email with this violation. This was over a year ago so my question is how can I go about getting this information removed from the PB violation list for my guide? Or is this something that just stays there?

I don't want to sound like a complainer I had that on my system and I hate hacks as much as most others I just don't want servers using this as an excuse to ban me when I am doing very well in their server. I mean come on it was an honest mistake. I probably won't go back to that server but really don't want to be known as a hack. I did bring it up with this server admin and he said go buy another copy of SOF. I mean come on if they were really worried about hacks you don't go tell them to get another copy of the game to cheat again. They were just pissed I was doing well.

Hello Mack ...you remeber me? :)

I got banned from a server recently because I was owning and they said I cheat and could prove it because this is on my PB violation list and sent me an email with this violation. This was over a year ago so my question is how can I go about getting this information removed from the PB violation list for my guide? Or is this something that just stays there?

As i can see you have been kicked for this z_no_fog.pk3 1 1/5 year ago

and was never on the banlist for that violation

PBBans never remove the violations in the database

Allot of ppl got this file from some servers and that dont mean they are cheaters

some ppl had this file for months and didnt removed it even when they was kicked 30 times +

but as i can see Mack removed this file in 2 weeks ;)

So you are not a cheater in my eyes ;) :)

Over a year ago I went to a server and didn't notice but downloaded the z_nofog.pk3 file. I went into a couple of servers before I noticed I had it and got booted from the server (as well I should have). The server pb admin got ahold of me to let me know what the deal was and I deleted the file. PB has this in my guide list. as an md5tool mismatch. I got banned from a server recently because I was owning and they said I cheat and could prove it because this is on my PB violation list and sent me an email with this violation. This was over a year ago so my question is how can I go about getting this information removed from the PB violation list for my guide? Or is this something that just stays there?

I don't want to sound like a complainer I had that on my system and I hate hacks as much as most others I just don't want servers using this as an excuse to ban me when I am doing very well in their server. I mean come on it was an honest mistake. I probably won't go back to that server but really don't want to be known as a hack. I did bring it up with this server admin and he said go buy another copy of SOF. I mean come on if they were really worried about hacks you don't go tell them to get another copy of the game to cheat again. They were just pissed I was doing well.

the nofog.pk3, is a violation but its so easy to be unaware of it getting downloaded off a server that as far as pbbans is concerned its just a kickable offence not a bannable one :)

you can compare it to other harmless kicks such as uifullscreen/losing key packets etc etc

if your worried about it let me know the server admins mail address and i'll mail him and explain things but to answer your original question .. yes it just stays there :)

the nofog.pk3, is a violation but its so easy to be unaware of it getting downloaded off a server that as far as pbbans is concerned its just a kickable offence not a bannable one :)

you can compare it to other harmless kicks such as uifullscreen/losing key packets etc etc

if your worried about it let me know the server admins mail address and i'll mail him and explain things but to answer your original question .. yes it just stays there :)

MRX sorry I don't remember you what servers did you usually play on. Maybe that will jog my memory.

fozzer the email address of the server who kicked me is [email protected] it is the BOS servers.

thanks to both of you for the responce I would appreciate it if you did talk to them becuase I think it is kind of BS that they bann me for this especially when I was kicking A** on thier server. I mean hell if they are going to ban for that then they should be banning for any packet loss or any other minor infraction. They just didn't like the fact I was owning them.

Thanks in advance for contacting them

If the email doesent work let me know mack :) I used to be a part of bos (one of the co-founders) and i know the current andministration very well... if they hear it come from me they will know its true lol... They know iI wouldnt lie, not saying anyone here would but sometimes emails can seem a little iffy if you dont know who they are comeing from :lol:

If the email doesent work let me know mack :) I used to be a part of bos (one of the co-founders) and i know the current andministration very well... if they hear it come from me they will know its true lol... They know iI wouldnt lie, not saying anyone here would but sometimes emails can seem a little iffy if you dont know who they are comeing from :lol:

and anyone that knows me .. knows i am well iffy :D

The no_fog.pk3 missmatch will throw a player on the MBL, I see it all the time when I run GUID's. I thought that the client/player to appeal the ban and then with disscussion the ban would be lifted. Correct me if Im wrong but I have sent many people to PBBANS in advice to get the fogpk3 ban appealed.