Call of Duty Ghosts

MaydaX

Must not be smug. Must not be smug. Must not be smug.

*Ahem*, Oh, what’s this? A new entry in the folder marked ‘speculative word-noises on the power of upcoming platforms’. These are always fun. Remember the time EA’s CTO said that console architecture would be “a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market”? Or when the next Need for Speed promised to look “easily as good on PC” as the next-gen? Or even the time AMD spent hours blowing raspberries at Nvidia? Classic stuff.

Now Infinity Ward are talking about the difference between their PC and next-gen console versions. But this time, they’ve provided a reason for why our machines will run their game better than on living room counterparts. “PC is taking a different tack from previous games [in the series,]” executive producer Mark Rubin told Kotaku. Where older Infinity Ward CoDs shared assets between PC and console, this time around, things will be different. Now, PC has its own set of assets,” Rubin says. “It’s going to look better than any Call of Duty we’ve ever made on PC.”

And the PC won’t just have an asset advantage over the current consoles. “They’re actually using an even higher version in many cases than the next-gen consoles, from a texture standpoint,” Rubin says.

Shiny graphics is where the differences end, though. Rubin expects all versions of the game will have feature parity. So while we will see the best version of Ghosts, only our eyes will notice the difference.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/19/call-of-duty-ghosts-pc-version-will-be-better-than-next-gen-consoles-say-infinity-ward/

• Upvote 1

Call of Duty: Ghosts “will be all dedicated servers”, will enable stealthier updates

Admittedly this isn’t quite as big a story as it is for console types, but it’s still reassuring to hear that Call of Duty: Ghosts will once again feature dedicated servers, which returned to the series with Modern Warfare 3, after dropping them for the warry war game’s second Modern installment. “One thing I can say is we’re also doing dedicated servers on PC,” Infinity Ward’s Mark Rubin told NowGamer, “so PC will be all dedicated servers, all of it. I don’t have details on how dedicated servers are going to work on PC, partly because we’re still in development and still working on all those features,” – but hey, good news is good news.

“Basically the overall reasoning behind it all is we’re always updating the games, even whether the community knows it or not,” Rubin explains in the interview, which might be a neat way to avoid the hideous reactions that more visible CoD patches have often invoked in the past.

“We’re making changes that they don’t know about because we want to see the changes happen without [affecting] peoples sort of free perceptions on what they think has happened, so sometimes we stealth in changes to design and see how they react.”

Obviously dedicated servers are useful in keeping multiplayer-focused games ticking over too, with Rubin stating that “dedicated servers is definitely one of those things that we think will help. It’s not the silver bullet, but I think it’s something that keeps in our philosophy of always trying to make the game experience better.” That and remote control dogs, obviously.

(Via PCGamesN.)

Head here for our complete Gamescom coverage, as dedicatedly served up by our international team.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/22/call-of-duty-ghosts-will-be-all-dedicated-servers-will-enable-stealthier-updates/

The way this reads to me is the developer will have dedicate servers for MP game play instead of "listening servers". It does not read like these are "dedicated server" that my clan can rent for this game.

Ski

The way this reads to me is the developer will have dedicate servers for MP game play instead of "listening servers". It does not read like these are "dedicated server" that my clan can rent for this game.

Ski

yea think the server going be like black opp2 are

Earlier today at GamesCom, NVIDIA and Activision announced a Call of Duty: Ghosts technical partnership that will result in the PC version of the massively anticipated game being the best of any platform. Already, NVIDIA developers are on-site at Infinity Ward, working hand in hand with Activision’s developers to ramp up the quality and fidelity of the game’s Sub D tessellation, displacement mapping and HDR lighting.

Furthermore, the agreement will see the integration of exclusive NVIDIA technologies like TXAA temporal anti-aliasing, and hardware-accelerated NVIDIA PhysX effects. The one example given by Infinity Ward was the enhancement of smoke through the use of APEX Turbulence, a PhysX toolkit that allows artists to quickly and easily bolster existing effects with super-realistic, physically-led particles. With APEX Turbulence, explosions, gunshots and character movement will disrupt smoke clouds, causing them to be realistically manipulated in reaction to the forces exerted. More effects are planned, so make sure to stay tuned to GeForce.com for additional details as they’re revealed.

While on stage, Infinity Ward made several other announcements that are sure to please PC gamers and fans of the mega franchise. First and foremost, the PC version will support dedicated multiplayer servers, ensuring the optimum online experience for frag addicts. Secondly, Call of Duty Elite will be rolled out on the PC, giving players access to all the services of the popular online portal. And finally, the Call of Duty Elite smartphone app will also grant access to the same PC stats and services, letting gamers manage their profile while on the go.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/gamescom-2013-call-of-duty-ghosts-to-be-enhanced-with-nvidia-txaa-and-nvidia

The one example given by Infinity Ward was the enhancement of smoke through the use of APEX Turbulence

now every idiot with that turned on will scream walls when they get shot through smoke.....oh wait..nevermind

• 3 weeks later...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/activision-call-duty-eminem-come-130000892.html

The year’s most anticipated game, Call of Duty®: Ghosts, and music icon Eminem are giving fans another reason to line up this November 5th. With Activision’s new blockbuster Call of Duty and Eminem’s new The Marshall Mathers LP 2 (Aftermath/Interscope) dropping on the same date this November, fans of both are in store for an incredible offer at a great price. In close collaboration with GameStop, anyone who pre-orders the game at GameStop will get their copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts at launch, which will include a code, at time of pick up, to download a special edition of Eminem’s new The Marshall Mathers LP 2 featuring an exclusive, bonus studio track at a special price of $8.99.

"The energy and intensity of 'Survival' really matches Call of Duty: Ghosts,” commented Eminem. "I'm excited to continue to be a part of the franchise."

• 4 weeks later...

They had my heart and affection at COD4, and then... They lost it. COD4 will always be remembered in my heart. I'm not going to even bother looking at the videos, because I know it will just disappoint me.

Minimum System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
  • RAM: 6 GB RAM
  • HDD: 50 GB HD space
  • Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
  • Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • DirectX: 11
  • Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Recommended System Requirements

• Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/call-of-duty-ghosts/system-requirements

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online.”

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rpgkjd

Matchmaking onto dedis. Hoping to add server browser and rent-able ranked server once we get through launch crunch. no info yet.

https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/387307125396885505

I hope so, but the work hasn't started so promising wouldn't be nice of me. Also started designing out mod tools for PC. Will see

https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/387308283414851584

Can not believe he dangled the ol "Mod Tools" carrot in front of everyone's face. It will NEVER HAPPEN, when will people realize that.

And they will think about real ranked dedicated servers someone can rent "after launch", what a joke. They really do not care at all about PC community or "clans" any longer.

Ski

Register your clans here:

https://elite.callofduty.com/ghostsclan/

done

Why? There are no dedicated servers for clans to rent. With the "match making" system this game is not clan friendly at all. Ok ok, sorry to negative. :) Will check it out.

because that is what some people want?

just like some people want to pay for servers they have no control over ;)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...