Another School Shooting

buttscratcher

Today is a very sad day. Those little kids were murdered for no reason. Who would do such a thing? I can't imagine what the parents of those children feel right now. I just hope God is watching over them now.

Here is the school where it happened: Click Me

Here are news articles from multiple sites:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school/?hpt=hp_t1

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/14/15907407-elementary-school-massacre-27-killed-including-20-kids-at-connecticut-school?lite

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/at-least-27-dead-in-shooting-at-connecticut-school/

http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-school-district-locked-down-shooting-report-151955384--abc-news-topstories.html

Today is a very sad day. Those little kids were murdered for no reason. Who would do such a thing? I can't imagine what the parents of those children feel right now.

Dad told me a long time ago, that there is no greater pain a parent can endure than having to bury one of his kids. But this? What a mind *uck. Just cant get over it. Children... Incomprehensable.

Everyone remember to hug your kids a little tighter tonight. If you think your confused, just imagine what youngsters must be thinking/feeling when trying to make sence of this.

As if that was bad enough, the Westboro Baptist church is planning on protesting at the funerals, how I would give an arm and a leg to be able to be apart of preventing them from doing it

As if that was bad enough, the Westboro Baptist church is planning on protesting at the funerals, how I would give an arm and a leg to be able to be apart of preventing them from doing it

Freedom of speech is covered, but it's at the wrong place and time to do so. Me personally, I would call up military personnel to push the protesters as far back as possible. On the side note, the Morgan Freeman quote on Facebook about this shooting is a hoax. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=780515

Edited by Chaos1907

Freedom of speech is covered, but it's at the wrong place and time to do so. Me personally, I would call up military personnel to push the protesters as far back as possible. On the side note, the Morgan Freeman quote on Facebook about this shooting is a hoax. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=780515

I can understand it being freedom of speech but when most of the crap they spew is hate, something needs to be done.

• Upvote 2

I can understand it being freedom of speech but when most of the crap they spew is hate, something needs to be done.

+1

Edited by buttscratcher

+1

West Virginian Senator Manchin says it's to rethink gun legislation. Also Manchin said school safety, movies and videogames that glorify violence should also be part of the discussion. --> http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20121217/US.Obama.Gun.Control/

The text in bold isn't good. The White House in DC, (there is another and it's in Gettysburg :P ) said, "curbing gun violence is a complex problem that will require a "comprehensive solution" including addressing gun control measures." --> http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20121217/US.Obama.Gun.Control/

Edited by Chaos1907

“With just one single exception...every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns.”

Mass shootings are no more common than they have been in past decades, despite the impression given by the media.

In fact, the high point for mass killings in the U.S. was 1929, according to criminologist Grant Duwe of the Minnesota Department of Corrections.

Incidents of mass murder in the U.S. declined from 42 in the 1990s to 26 in the first decade of this century.

The chances of being killed in a mass shooting are about what they are for being struck by lightning.

Until the Newtown horror, the three worst K–12 school shootings ever had taken place in either Britain or Germany.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/335739/facts-about-mass-shootings-john-fund

Got to wonder about the parenting, and and the pratice of "problem solving" through medication... Kid has a problem? Give him/her a pill. Have another issue? Give them another pill. What ever happened to actually talking to a kid as a form of thearpy? Guess its easier (less expensive) to medicate...

I'd also like to see paddeling brought back in the home, and at school. The "time out" punishment does not instill a healthy fear to not do something wrong. Things have been headed in the wrong direction for a long time now. Gun control as a meaningful solution to the many larger problems facing todays youth, is a pipe dream.

Got to wonder about the parenting, and and the pratice of "problem solving" through medication... Kid has a problem? Give him/her a pill. Have another issue? Give them another pill. What ever happened to actually talking to a kid as a form of thearpy? Guess its easier (less expensive) to medicate...

I'd also like to see paddeling brought back in the home, and at school. The "time out" punishment does not instill a healthy fear to not do something wrong. Things have been headed in the wrong direction for a long time now. Gun control as a meaningful solution to the many larger problems facing todays youth, is a pipe dream.

Giving medication may worsen the effect of depression and isolation. In some cases, medication may be needed, but, in others it may be a bad thing.

+1000

And the fact that these scumbag politicians are using something as horrid as the slaughter of innocents by a madman as a platform to further their agenda is reprehensible. They have no shame at all. One armed and reasonably trained school staff member might have ended this nutjob's rampage early, or even prevented it alltogether.

I believe the teacher in the photo has a G3 slung on her back. Like to see a common nutjob try shooting up her class.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/newsmax-readers-teachers-guns/2012/12/18/id/468245

The shooter has Aspergers syndrome. It's a mild form in the Autism spectrum under DSM IV. Most people with Aspergers are really intelligent, but they can get frustrated easily. Hence the argument he had the day before the shooting with some faculty members or something. It's really difficult to understand why such violent behavior with Aspergers from this shooting from what the experts say. I cannot relate to anything about myself being that violent because I have Aspergers as well. I take medication to only keep me focused on the task at hand plus keep myself controlled and I do have a Psychiatrist. I presume he had them, but didn't understand self control when he was this furious. In every article related to the shooter, there is nothing listed for several reasons. 1. Privacy from the public. 2. Americans placing threats to the therapists about this situation.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20121214/US.Connecticut.School.Shooting/?cid=hero_media

Uh oh... apparently Nancy, the mother of the shooter loves guns... http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/12/why_did_nancy_lanza_love_guns_i_bet_i_know.html

Edited by Chaos1907

Joe Stalin, Adolf, and even Fidel would agree with you.

Silly thing to say.

The point Benway was making is that the gun laws are too liberal in the states where any joe and his hamster can own an arsenal. The last big shooting in the states actually caused a rise in gun sales over there. Everyone wanting to protect themselves I guess and not realising it just causes an ever perpetuating problem/risk. There is certainly no reason why any private citizen should be able to own an assault rifle. Contentious issue maybe but that's just my opinion.

Joe Stalin, Adolf, and even Fidel would agree with you.

You asked them? Do tell. If so: Osama Bin Laden agrees with you. That must have been the reason why the Allied Control Council of Berlin (i chose* where i wanted to live) threatened me with death penalty for bearing arms, yes? Which Regine was more civilized* then after all? I understand you wish to muzzle everybody who will tell you what you already know, as of course every kid knows this simple fact. Not a problem (to be precise: not MY problem), then simply keep your hypocrite discussion US internal, otherwise give residents of civilized countries a break with your shedding crocodile tears, if you wish to carry on in this manner then simply pay the price for this spiritual deficiency you use to call "freedom". Just keep your sick concept of society, nobody wants anything like that: if the only cure for too many (again, that means: in private hands: any) weapons is: More weapons. Makes perfect sense. Next as any 'incident' the proper reaction is "so what, as usual."

(Nobody said "fire-" or "automatic" (guess why i know, you already heard it) so keep your old blueprint of "knife as a weapon", its plain rubbish. We prefer cars as weapons.)

You asked them? Do tell.That must have been the reason why the Allied Control Council of Berlin (i chose* where i wanted to live) threatened me with death penalty for bearing arms, yes? Which Regine was more civilized* then after all? I understand you wish to muzzle everybody who will tell you what you already know, as of course every kid knows this simple fact. Not a problem (to be precise: not MY problem), then simply keep your hypocrite discussion US internal, otherwise give residents of civilized countries a break with your shedding crocodile tears, if you wish to carry on in this manner then simply pay the price for this spiritual deficiency you use to call "freedom". Just keep your sick concept of society, nobody wants anything like that: if the only cure for too many (again, that means: in private hands: any) weapons is: More weapons. Makes perfect sense. Next as any 'incident' the proper reaction is "so what, as usual."

(Nobody said "fire-" or "automatic" (guess why i know, you already heard it) so keep your old blueprint of "knife as a weapon", its plain rubbish. We prefer cars as weapons.)

huh? Thats got to be the lamest (or most confusing) argument you've ever floated.

Either that or I need a Dick Tracy decoder ring to decypher the rest of that post. :P By your logic, why dont you go dig up the widly accecpted number of 30,000,000 men, women and children credited to hitler and stalin and ask them for thier perspective.

@ Surfy.

Contrary to what is generally floated, our 2nd amendment is as much as a right of protection against "deterring tyrannical government" (or, our right to protect ourselves from Uncle Sam).

I guess looking from the outside looking in, the United States gun culture is the exception around the world. At least until your country is the victim of the Blitz and need us to come over and save those unable or unwilling to protect themselves... Thank goodness for the forsight of our founding fathers, and the greatest generation that saved England, France, and the rest of the "civilized world" - who had limited access firearms they could have used to protect themselves with. ;)