problem with sS on linux

AurAL

First of all. Hi everyone.

I intended to stream our clan server but the problem is that our server is on linux so the autoSs or manual sS does not work. Ill stream our server as soon as the problem is fixed. The question is, when can we expect that problem to be solved? Thanks.

hi AurAL :)

the topic in one of our irc channels:

* Topic is 'cod2 linux binaries are not official ones and the autopbss facility aint working with them //cod2 guid's obtained from linux servers are 31 characters in length - hopefully the official release will cure this prob'

as a workaround you can manually set up the taking of pbss using the task command:

PB_SV_Task 0 30 PB_SV_GetSS slot# (this will take a pbss from the specified slot # every 30secs)

you have to individually enter each task dependant on the number of slots your server has .. to check that the command has worked you can type PB_SV_TList to view them

you can then enter the PB_SV_SsPath command:

If specified (default is "" empty), PB will write captured screen shot images obtained from connected players to this alternate location, this can be a network share or some other location where you would prefer to place screen shot images and the "helper" htm

hopefully IW and Activision will get their act together pdq and release a fix so we can all enjoy the benefits that a fully working PB gives to server admins, and coupled with the PBans Master Config Index will ensure as clean a gaming environment as we can provide :)

It seems that it doesnt work or im incredibly stupid. :unsure:

I set up the SS manually and tasks are active. I can see them with PB_SV_TList. But i cant find the SS's anywhere!? Path is default. What should i put as a path to put a SS's in svss folder? Or any folder as the matter a fact. I worked on this all nite. Im desperate... :(

P.S. Trial and error didnt help cause i got error everything i did. ): Im unsure about what to put as a path.

Is this a valid input as a path: PB_SV_SsPath "/svss"?

I presume that pb folder on server is default path so this command will store SS's in pb/svss folder on server

P.S.S Here is example message from svlog

[05.07.2006 10:46:41] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #2) PB_SV_GetSS slot# 0

[05.07.2006 10:46:41] 0 Screenshots Requested

[05.07.2006 10:47:01] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #1) PB_SV_GetSS slot# 1

[05.07.2006 10:47:01] 0 Screenshots Requested

Edited by AurAL

It seems that it doesnt work or im incredibly stupid. :unsure:

I set up the SS manually and tasks are active. I can see them with PB_SV_TList. But i cant find the SS's anywhere!? Path is default. What should i put as a path to put a SS's in svss folder? Or any folder as the matter a fact. I worked on this all nite. Im desperate... :(

P.S. Trial and error didnt help cause i got error everything i did. ): Im unsure about what to put as a path.

Is this a valid input as a path: PB_SV_SsPath "/svss"?

I presume that pb folder on server is default path so this command will store SS's in pb/svss folder on server

P.S.S Here is example message from svlog

[05.07.2006 10:46:41] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #2) PB_SV_GetSS slot# 0

[05.07.2006 10:46:41] 0 Screenshots Requested

[05.07.2006 10:47:01] Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #1) PB_SV_GetSS slot# 1

[05.07.2006 10:47:01] 0 Screenshots Requested

No it won't work as the linux binaries for cod 2 contain the same update as America's Army for taking Pb ss's and until the windows ver. is updated you won't be taking any pbss's on a linux server.

Edited by wth

No it won't work as the linux binaries for cod 2 contain the same update as America's Army for taking Pb ss's and until the windows ver. is updated you won't be taking any pbss's on a linux server.

Thanks. :(

At least your not alone in the waiting apartment AurAL :P

LOL! The sun will shine on linux one day and the cheaters will fall down struck by the rays of pbSs like a blood sucking vampires as they are...

• 8 months later...

Realizing this is an older thread....

Just wondering if this is still a problem, or if it's been fixed with the patches.

Have a friend that is experiencing problems taking screenshots on a new server he just got.

At this time I'm not sure if it's a linux server, but this is the closest thread simular to his problem.

Thanks!