Finally PB update for ET

Bulld0g

Finally our prayers are answered an update for ET. maybe :P

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-et.php

Release Notes

Thursday 05.25.2006 [2:45PM]

Version 1.247 of the PB Client for ET has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page.

Release Notes for PB Client v1.247:

new screenshot code introduced: beginning with this version of the PB Client, PB will randomly take screenshots about once per minute on average and send each screenshot signature to the PB server; several screenshots will be queued and future PB Server editions will be able to request any of the last few screenshots that were taken by the client; the PB Server will also track information pertaining to how often windows reports the game minimized or otherwise inactive, admins will be able to configure PB to kick players who do not keep the game as the active application while playing; admins will also be able to kick players who do not return requested screenshots or where the returned screenshot does not match the previously supplied signature

in this version, having the pb_sssave setting set to 1 does not cause PB to save server requested screenshots to the local hard drive as documented

PB screenshots each have a new sequence # associated with them, this sequence # is reported to the PB Server for each screenshot captured and is displayed in the border of the screenshot itself

as a result of this update being sent out, it has then kicked all players from our servers and other related servers..

do we need to restart our servers?

as a result of this update being sent out, it has then kicked all players from our servers and other related servers..

do we need to restart our servers?

seems a little buggy to me ensure that your clients run pbweb.exe found in the pb folder in wolf.

DOH! they already had to patch the patch!

Friday 05.26.2006 [6:30PM]

Version 1.250 of the PB Client for ET has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.

We had TONS of PACKET LOSS kicks...hopefully this take care of that situation

PB is kicking about 2 to 3 people off my servers every few minutes due to packet loss. This has not happened untill this update.

Is there any setting i can change to make pb not kick for this?

PB is kicking about 2 to 3 people off my servers every few minutes due to packet loss. This has not happened untill this update.

Is there any setting i can change to make pb not kick for this?

ive had packet loss complaints from one of my members. not been on the server since thursday as ive been on a drinking session :P has this problem been fixed ???

ive had packet loss complaints from one of my members. not been on the server since thursday as ive been on a drinking session :P has this problem been fixed ???

Friday 05.26.2006 [6:30PM] USA time

Version 1.250 of the PB Client for ET has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.

fixed hopfully!

It got so bad I had to disable PB last night.

I just turned it back on to see what happens....(930am eastern time)

I also sent some more support tickets to EB. :rolleyes:

It got so bad I had to disable PB last night.

I just turned it back on to see what happens....(930am eastern time)

I also sent some more support tickets to EB. :rolleyes:

We have done the updates and we are still getting kicked. I notice that a week or so ago, PB was replying to hacks with a notice in the log that autokick had been turned off due to a tech prob and that you must turn it on yourself. I wonder if turning it back off would fix this. I know the command to turn it on is pb_sv_enablekicks, what is command to turn it off?

It gets disabled automatically by the pb master servers. At least it was still doing it a few hours ago.

I know this, that is exactly what I said. About a week ago, this message started showing up in the PB logs:

[05.24.2006 17:43:28] Kicking for new violations is temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers

I asked PB about it and they said they had to disable it due to a conflict with it and the new ET patch on pro servers. Is no one else getting this message in their logs?

Milky

Here is a sample of how it handles a hack.:

[05.21.2006 08:18:31] VIOLATION (WALLHACK) #60184: Filus [^1N^4C^1D^4C] (slot #5) Violation (WALLHACK) #60184 [462de514886839065f0c5e75854a93fc(VALID:4) 83.21.51.81:27960]

[05.21.2006 08:18:31] Kicking for new violations is temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers

[05.21.2006 08:19:06] VIOLATION (WALLHACK) #60184: Filus [^1N^4C^1D^4C] (slot #5) Violation (WALLHACK) #60184 [462de514886839065f0c5e75854a93fc(VALID:4) 83.21.51.81:27960]

[05.21.2006 08:19:06] Kicking for new violations is temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers

[05.21.2006 08:19:41] VIOLATION (WALLHACK) #60184: Filus [^1N^4C^1D^4C] (slot #5) Violation (WALLHACK) #60184 [462de514886839065f0c5e75854a93fc(VALID:4) 83.21.51.81:27960]

[05.21.2006 08:19:41] Kicking for new violations is temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers

This is from my sv.log. PB told me I could turn them on manually by entering /rcon pb_sv_enablekicks. Seems to work, but like I said, it get turned off often. I wrote it into me PB.cfg to see if it stays on.

P.S. A few days later I notice the message changed to this:

[05.23.2006 22:24:07] Kicking for new violations has been temporarily disabled per PB Master Servers - use the pb_sv_enablekicks command to manually re-enable kicks.

Edited by milkman

PB is again only LOGGING cheats and such. Thier patch for their patch was bad. KICKING IS DISABLED again.

The WALL HACKS that you find in those logs, go see if you can find a screenshot and submit it...they will get banned sooner or later...

My logs are loaded with PACKET LOSS and a couple OS privledge problems.

Now the OS privledge problem is a side effect of a new hack out for some users of it....so if you see that, I would recommend checking screenshots and logs for cvar hacks. IT IS NOT DEFINETLY THE CHEAT CAUSEING THE OS PRIVLEDGE ERROR, BUT it is on the hack sites that that is a side effect for some using a certain cheat that is out. The cheat is not PBscreenie proof afaik.

Now realize also, the cheaters know PB is broken so watching your logs/screenies is the only way right now to catch them until PB fixes thier stuff. :blink: