I'm banned!

Silk

Hi, my name is Silk and i'm just an ordinary ET player. Though I recently got some problems with playing ET.

A few days ago I came back from a party and suddenly heard I had been cheating :blink: . I didn't know anything about this, but it seemed I had been cheating on the Telenet server. I don't know a lot of config's and those kind of things, but i had the luck some of my mates do.. So this is what happend: I downloaded some pk3 file, wich caused the problem: I had a Cvar sol_respawn = 1" line in my config (though I only found this out yesterday). http://www.pbbans.com/Master Ban Index (MBI).php?action=5&ban_id=10755

I allready sended an trouble ticket to evenbalance.com but they told me to appeal on the ban. http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/u...sage=new_ticket

So that is what I did, but I was turned down with an automaticly sended email. This was still before I found out that I had the line cvar_sol in my config. So when I found out about that I tried to appeal another time, but that wasn't possible...

As I allready told you, I don't know a lot of configs, and I don't understand a lot of the problem I have. But a mate of me explaind it really nice:

Telenet has installed a new punkbuster update that checks players cvars(400?) for anything that could be a ''hack''

In the last few days players are being banned for: CVAR (#9001). And suddenly (o-what-a-suprise) telenet has been logging so called ''cheaters'' all for the same thing, on the same server.

Telenet admins has been sending the ''logs'' to punkbuster to get them banned for some shitty cvar.

My clanmate checked his config this morning and found some sol_*** cvars, he asked mpita if he had something similar and the answer was yes. You can ask anyone who has played vs Silk if he was suspicious in any way and im sure all the answers will be No. Same goes for mpita and tr1ck's ex clanmate and 90% chance for other players that are going to be banned for the same thing on the same server. These things could have been picked up from some dodgy server from a few months ago without actually ever have installed a hack or using a cfg that had these lines in them.

You can even download .pk3 files that can force these lines in your cfg,GG. (Maybe Tr1ck can tell me more how it works exactly)

So at this point, my opinion is that you cannot ban a player vor having these things in your config, because it's not a proof that exclude everything. Since there isn't a demo, or a screenshot of me cheating, I think you can understand I'm innocent.

I hope you can help me with solving my problems, thanks for reading it, Silk.

but i had the luck some of my mates do.. So this is what happend: I downloaded some pk3 file, wich caused the problem: I had a Cvar sol_respawn = 1" line in my config

If you could send this pk3 that caused this to any one in the staff it would be great

ok firstly CVAR's cannot be forced into your config. No pk3 download from any server can place a cvar in your autoexec.cfg.

If you have used someone elses config supply where you got it from as that person had cvars from hax known to this site.

The logs from telenet stream to this site to protect users from hackers and are not put there to deliberatley victimise people. You were banned for having known cheat cvars in your config, not on your pc or just sitting around in your etmain, but in your config ?

There is an appeal process on this site http://www.pbbans.com/appeal_ban.php if sufficient evidence was to arise then this would be overturned by a site admin. I myself am only a streaming admin and some one else will probably answer your question slightly better.

Edited by Bulld0g

But why has Silk been banned from the forums? :blink:

all forum account applications are validated before access is granted .. PBBans gives cheaters nothing .. and that includes a forum account .. having known hack cvars in your cfg normally indicates a toggle to activate hack features .. anyone with known hack cvars in their cfg that connects to a PBBans protected server will more than likely receive a ban .. or is there another reason why someone has sol_ cvars in their cfg .. its hardly something you would pluck out of thin air and add to your mp cfg .. i have the hack that uses the sol_ cvars right in front of me as i type,its written by *edit* hence the cvar connection .. it contains an aimbot/wallhack/esp/chams/enironmentals/and a miscellaneous section .. all can be toggled on and off using the cvars provided .. this is probably a lot more info than i should be giving out ..but i want anyone who has those cvars in their mp cfg to know exactly why we run those cvar checks on PBBans protected servers and what the result will be if anyone using those cvars joins a streaming PBBans protected server .. there is absolutely no reason to have those cvars in your mp cfg other than to toggle on and off one or more hack features .. its that simple

Sorry Fozzer, i took out the hack creators name. A quick online search brought up the places we don't want to bring to light to the unknowing.

Sorry Fozzer, i took out the hack creators name. A quick online search brought up the places we don't want to bring to light to the unknowing.

my bad Scar .. should have checked first ..thanks m8 :)