NEEDS BANNING ASAP

hellsbells

hello my name is stan i am a server admin on sof2 recently i have been catching people cheating on my server and i would like to get them banned asap how can i do a IP ban so they can never play on the server again please get back to me thanks

yours stan

-=HeAdShOT=-

-=BOOM=-

Sorry don't play or know anything about sof2, BUT:

Would it not be more sensible to join up with pbbans and get full protection against all know cheaters to this community, esp. those that play your game. Then just banning the odd one or two you might happen to catch yourself.

Join and start streaming to help rid all cheaters from our servers.

Anything you need to know about joining up, the staff and community will gladly help you.

Banning by IP will not solve the problem 90% of the time because they can mask there IP address or just change it.Streaming would help alot it will add them to the banlist and you will get full access so the private forums where you can learn how to ban them via IP/Subnet without banning everyone using the same subnet.Otherwise your just asking for the hackers to join your server and hack some more or go to other peoples servers and hack in theres.We are here to catch the cheaters and put in end to there hacking ways even if it comes down to pb hardware banning them.

If you would like to stream please visit here http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18547 and if you need any help contact me or talk to an admin

Edited by maester

yes but that info is also in the private admin section thats why I told him to get it lol

PB_SV_BanMask [iP Address / Subnet Mask]

Permanently bans players from joining the server from the specified IP Address / Subnet Mask; for example: issuing PB_SV_BanMask "12.34." will cause PB to deny access to all players trying to join from an IP Address that begins with "12.34."; These bans are written to the pbbans.dat file just like bans issued with the PB_SV_Ban command

*Remember if you ban via mask (example 12.24.xx.xx) then you will ban everyone using the subnet 12.24 so please be careful using this command and only use it using the persons ip (example 12.24.12.24)*

Edited by maester

jep thats what i did i banned his in use ip when i used it at that moment and not for example 84.12.xx.xx ;)

Edited by hooligun

Guest heinztomato

how can we report hackers on a game site if the admin notthing wil do can we give screenshoots and the name of the players or what to do its not funny any more the most hackers are now comming from PL

When the server admin does not care about hackers or even is a hacker himself, you can't do anything but go to a different server with responsible admins. But please also consider that the server admin may be right and the players you accuse of cheating are innocent.

yeah i hear this a lot on my server people saying cheater whole time to an admin on my server, know that dude personaly and he doesnt cheats. But he just owns and has played the games for so long, so he just has full control over it and knows what he is doing :) Just for example this ;)

@t -=F4F=-mRx

How is it possible when i have guidrelax to 0 that a player can still come back? I have one cheater that does it everytime :( even ip banning, banmasking wont help against him 0.o

Edited by hooligun

Guest heinztomato

quote alfdoh

When the server admin does not care about hackers or even is a hacker himself, you can't do anything but go to a different server with responsible admins. But please also consider that the server admin may be right and the players you accuse of cheating are innocent.

i have the screenshots of the hacks, the server use PB but the hackers are using hacks that are undetectable for PB ,and if there are still sites that have PBunban (on software ) this will stil going on the most forgetget that its a game you win notthing only points so it is the last month's not funny for other players to play COD or other online games because you can not fight them kick them the back on other names or ip its just like a virus PB must update faster to stop the hackers

Edited by heinztomato

quote alfdoh

i have the screenshots of the hacks, the server use PB but the hackers are using hacks that are undetectable for PB ,and if there are still sites that have PBunban (on software ) this will stil going on the most forgetget that its a game you win notthing only points so it is the last month's not funny for other players to play COD or other online games because you can not fight them kick them the back on other names or ip its just like a virus PB must update faster to stop the hackers

The server needs to be streaming to get full quality out of pb.PB can only do a limited amount by itself but with the addition to streaming and scanning for all the cvars pb is catching everyone left and right.With streaming they will soon get caught or be hardware banned before long :P .Just remember this pbbans is doing everything they can to catch every cheater its you who have to make the first step to streaming

@t -=F4F=-mRx

How is it possible when i have guidrelax to 0 that a player can still come back? I have one cheater that does it everytime :( even ip banning, banmasking wont help against him 0.o

Iam sure if you look in the logs that the guid is not the same if you ban his pb guid there is no way for him to get back in with that guid again

Did you ban his ip or did you ban his ip range?

Well first time i did !ban shadow <-- permanent he was back in 2 days

Then i pb_sv_banguid him <--- he came back in 1 week

He is on the pbbans list here <--- he comes back in 3 days

I banned his ip <--- didnt worked either

I had already banned his ip range didnt worked either. Cause an other server hat the same problem with this dude. And only solution for them was to ban his whole isp range. So banning alsow other innocent ppl with it he is coming from finland that is known.

yes he did :blink: about 7 times

i have pb_sv_guidrelax 0 ;)

but have found an other way with some help from an admin from dxw server. He has told me he found a way to get rid of him as i told with banning his complete isp range

He was on my server today again, after i banned him and checked his ip range again. and it was like the admin of dxw server told me again. So i hope he wont be able to connect back, but that will only make him go to an other server and make havoc there :o

So if someone gets bugged by *xxx*shadow i know what to do. but on the other hand ;) i dont know how many innocent players i have banned with that.

"80.247.249."

"80.116.227."

"80.247.226."

here is the demo submision i made last time of him:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18275

here is the add to the mbi list: http://www.pbbans.com/generate.php?action=5&ban_id=11754

as you can see ip he used on that mbi ban is : 80.247.248.40 < --- but should i banmask that 80.247.248 aswell ? ore should those banmask be ok as the admin of dxw says. Cause i dont want that ass on my server :(

alsow i have vsp stats for my players on the server there i found out he was still playing aswell

http://www.weedheaven.com/vsp/pub/themes/b...cfg-default.php on that same guid everytime

one time he had another one

but again you see *xxx*Shadow in those alias names

http://www.weedheaven.com/vsp/pub/themes/b...cfg-default.php

Edited by hooligun