argh..

Speedkiller

Ok I tried to get help at the Punkbuster website, but theres no support there.. Well nothing that can help me.. So I'm trying here!

My Punkbuster for CoD2 keeps messing up, it seems to randomly kick me for everything and give me temporary GUID bans.

It started when I went in a server (clean - i always am) and I got a GUID ban. wtf?! no reason was given or anything, I dont know if a reason is usually given but it seemed strange. I typed /reconnect and I wasnt banned any more which was weird.. So I just ignored it and played.. Then I got kicked (0 minutes) for No Packet Flow.. What the hell is that? I reconnected again and got kicked for PB INIT Failure (0 minutes again)

I thought it might be the server so I tried another server that Im sure Ive never been in before and it said BANNED by server admin. So I tried another server, which was better, but I got kicked about 3 times for No Packet Flow again.

That was enough 4 the day so I left it. Then today I tried it again, got kicked for No Packet flow again twice and then later GUID ban again. Now Im not GUID banned any more, it lifted itself again. So I tried re-installing the game therefore reinstalling Punkbuster and I got 'CD key in use'. Im not sure if this is anything to do with PB, it might just be a firewall problem or something. I played around with it for a bit and got it fixed, but then Im still getting kicked for No Packet Flow.

Soo, any ideas? and if I get GUID banned again for some reason and it doesnt lift itself and Im banned forever, how can I get rid of that? Its unfair if I get banned when im not doing anything wrong :mellow:

Thanks

edit - Ok now when I go in a server it says *WARNING* PB Reports I am Using an Old Version c1.252

or something like that, but when I go to evenbalance.com and update with pbsetup.exe it says that I am fully updated. After a while of PB spamming the server it kicks me for PB INIT failure again :(

Edited by Speedkiller

the exact ban message would be useful - best practise prior to any gaming session is to run pbsetup available here click me

if you are getting a global guid ban then that can only be resolved by evenbalance themselves via the trouble ticket system click me

no packet flow = no communication with pb master server - it could be a firewall issue - try with and without to confirm

Thanks for the reply. err, when i get kicked again I will post the exact message.

I have run pbsetup.exe and it says all updates have been applied or whatever.. but its still not working..

I went in a server (87.117.208.23:29966) and it says something about an old version in chat.

like this:

Speedkiller: *WARNING* Punkbuster reports PB Server Running Old Version C1.252

Then I get kicked (0 minutes) Reason: This PB server requires (A1367 C1.252) Error loading Pbcl

I dont know if that ones me or the server?

but Im still getting PB INIT Failure sometimes, No Packet Flow sometimes (thanks for explaining that, Im going to try it without the firewall now)

im also going to try that ticket system thing for more support if u cant help me here.

ALSO - the GUID bans seem to depend on the server. Maybe I am banned from one server? I dont know why though, and I thought GUID bans banned u from all servers..

most bans are by guid and applied locally or by servers running a banlist from an anti cheat site such as PBBans - any global ban, be it guid or hardware, is handled exclusively by evenbalance themselves.

the latest pb version for cod2 is, as i type, server:v1.241 client:v1.258 A1367 if you connect to a server that is running an outdated version, due to an inexperienced or just plain lazy admin :P you will get a kick - after running pbsetup its right there in front of ya what the server / client vers. is on your pc.

i have read that a complete uninstall followed by a reinstall has fixed packet flow probs for others - and also opening a firewall port and making a .cfg in notepad specifying that particular port, like so pb_netport xxxxx (xxxxx = the specified port) save as pbcl.cfg and place it in your pb folder has worked for others

Why does PunkBuster kick me for INIT FAILURE?

Usually, this message means your PB is not working properly. You should run our PBSETUP program to make sure your PB is up to date.

However, we have recently discovered that some broadband routers routinely drop OOB (Out of Band) packets for no apparent reason. Since all PB packets are OOB, these routers can actually block PB's communication (again for no apparent reason). To determine if the router is the cause of this problem for you, remove the router and connect directly to the internet. If you are able to play this way, then the cause is very likely the router.

Based on user feedback, the following router brands/models are reported to have problems. Not necessarily all models of a brand might be affected, and the list is in no way complete but it can give you a few hints. Also, we do not claim that our list below shows the only solution to fix your issue, nor that it will fix it for sure even though it has worked for others. It could very well be that changing some settings in your router could help as well. Contacting the company directly might help you as well.

* Linksys - possible solution: Use firmware 1.44.2

* Motorola - possible solution: Update to latest firmware

* Netgear - possible solution: Disable SPI (statefull packet inspection)

Why doesn't my PunkBuster Client work even though everything is installed properly?

Check the fs_homepath game cvar from the game console (enter "\fs_homepath"). Then, using the explorer program on your computer, verify that the path pointed to by fs_homepath does in fact have a "pb" subfolder that includes at least these three files: pbsv.dll, pbcl.dll and pbag.dll (or pbsv.so, pbcl.so, and pbag.so on Linux systems). If not, then either locate and copy the "pb" folder from your game installation into the fs_homepath location, or change the fs_homepath cvar to point to your game installation. Note that the "pb" folder must have read and write permissions. We realize this can be a tricky topic. If you need further assistance, follow this link to create a new trouble ticket HERE.

Thanks for all the help !

It seems to be working at the moment except one server where im GUID banned, which is weird, but better than getting kicked from every server! I will make sure next time i have time to play, if not I'll try this thread again or the evenbalance ticket thing.

Damn! Just started playing again and im GUID banned. This is annoying now, Ive changed nothing since it was fine.

GUID - 4b85ed46

I really dont know what this can be so can someone check it out 4 me (i dont know how to do that either :))

Im also getting kicked for the reasons I mentioned before from other servers, except no packet flow. So im getting kicked for "BANNED by server admin" (when i havnt been in the server in my life), and PB INIT Failure.

Edited by Speedkiller

its only said ive been banned by admin for a couple of servers, 3 I think. All 3 of them I had never been in before, and Im not banned from any that I regularly play in. Well I am now with this weird GUID ban which keeps coming and going.

And is there any way I can fix PB INIT Failure?

Some admins share banlist, but if youve been ban by admin, its out of our control

Damn! Just started playing again and im GUID banned. This is annoying now, Ive changed nothing since it was fine.

GUID - 4b85ed46

I really dont know what this can be so can someone check it out 4 me (i dont know how to do that either

Does it ring a bell

[PsB:6334 V008D81E3] b2f56f640b125437b2d32a044b85ed46 "." "88.106.179.24" MULTIHACK #79426

You seem to be on another anticheat sites banlist

• 2 weeks later...

Does it ring a bell

[PsB:6334 V008D81E3] b2f56f640b125437b2d32a044b85ed46 "." "88.106.179.24" MULTIHACK #79426

You seem to be on another anticheat sites banlist

Sorry for the bump - Ive been away.

No idea why Im on an anti cheat banlist -- Ive never been kicked for Multihack and ive never seen those numbers before I dont know what they mean except my old IP is there I think? :blink:

Weird thing is I havnt had the ban message for a while - Does this mean its only some servers? Well I'll appeal anyway for it removed if it hasnt been already.

Sorry for the bump - Ive been away.

No idea why Im on an anti cheat banlist -- Ive never been kicked for Multihack and ive never seen those numbers before I dont know what they mean except my old IP is there I think? :blink:

Weird thing is I havnt had the ban message for a while - Does this mean its only some servers? Well I'll appeal anyway for it removed if it hasnt been already.

your ban will be on any server that uses PsB's banlist