Why bother streaming

terra

I'll be honest, the only reason for me being here is because of bloody clanbase and their f#cking rules. Why should I bother streaming to pbbans, there isn't even a cod2 section for bans and even if there was doesn't pb kick for violations? Why would I bother going through the process of streaming my server when pb already does the job, I don't mind ex-cheaters playing on our server. Just because somebody once made a mistake doesn't mean they'll keep cheating.

What is the advantage thats to be gained by streaming to pbbans, all I see on this site is some bans of people who may or may not have been cheating and are now screwed over.

No offence but who are you to decide who gets to play on OUR server?

Take a read of this click me

and no offence meant but if you disagree with any of it go stream to someone else and see if their TOS is any different- i personally dont want any cheaters past or present on my servers and CB admins clearly agree with that policy - by streaming you are putting your sv logs in an evenbalance repository making it impossible to falsify information or screenshot and believe me its been tried in the past - if you are not running at the very minimum md5 scans for known hacks you are leaving all the honest players that play on your server at a distinct disadvantage as our ban index proves - all bans on our ban index are backed up by streamed log information, that makes every ban 100% genuine.

We are not deciding who plays on your server PB is - as always you have a choice stream or dont stream, play with PB enabled or not enabled, keep proven cheaters out of your servers or let them in, etc etc

No one is forcing you to use our Master Ban Index that is entirely the server admins choice - what CB are trying to enforce is a clean gaming environment for all competitve matches and thats a big thumbs up for them - get used to it m8- take a look around - most leagues and ladders are making streaming to an anti-cheat site one of their pre requisites - fortunately your views are in the minority

my 2 cents

btw - http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php

Terra = Totally Exceptional Retared Ranting Asshole!

You are the flippin posterchild reason why PBBans exists!

Btw...you should also have a visit to your local eye doctor because your blind!

Terra = Totally Exceptional Retared Ranting Asshole!

Btw...you should also have a visit to your local eye doctor because your blind!

Look dude, there's no reason to start being offensive. I've never cheated at online games, and I don't like cheats. However just cause someone cheated once doesn't mean they allways cheat. I just don't see why I need a banlist such as pbbans because PB already does the job of checking for cheaters.

Lets get real here, almost everyone has cheated at one time or another at some game (anyone remember iddqd?). Most of us have probably never cheated at online games but I can see how someone could be curious about it and check out a cheat.

Why am I the poster child of why PBBans exists, because you want to ban everyone you don't like? Or are you already accusing me of being a cheat. In either case it only makes me more curious about the neccesity of your service.

I merely enquired about why I need this service, I just play the game for fun and with PB already enabled and updated whats the risk of someone still cheating?

You don't have to be offensive just because I don't agree with your opinion

Edited by terra

Look dude, there's no reason to start being offensive. I've never cheated at online games, and I don't like cheats. However just cause someone cheated once doesn't mean they allways cheat. I just don't see why I need a banlist such as pbbans because PB already does the job of checking for cheaters.

Lets get real here, almost everyone has cheated at one time or another at some game (anyone remember iddqd?). Most of us have probably never cheated at online games but I can see how someone could be curious about it and check out a cheat.

Why am I the poster child of why PBBans exists, because you want to ban everyone you don't like? Or are you already accusing me of being a cheat. In either case it only makes me more curious about the neccesity of your service.

I merely enquired about why I need this service, I just play the game for fun and with PB already enabled and updated whats the risk of someone still cheating?

Punkbuster is merely a tool it cannot check for everything.If you will look we have pb staff on this site and they will agree without pbbans or another repository your still left open to people who are running cheats outside of the game and cvar hacks.Pbbans just merely helps find those and makes pb a better running tool and keeping game servers cheat free.

like i posted earlier no one is forcing you to use PBBans or anyone elses bans - PB does a competent job on its own but needs a little help via MD5 scans etc to make it an exceptional anti cheat programme.

If someone checks out a cheat for curiousity sake they have more chance of getting away with it on a badly configured server and thats the reason CB are insisting on streaming and at a minimum runs MD5 checks.

As stated earlier we dont ban anyone, PB does - all we do is provide our streaming admins the most up to date information for keeping their servers clean and keep records of data that can be accessed by any concerned admin - no ones accusing you of being a cheat, cheaters dont get a forum account here.

PB enabled and updated is only half the battle - you only have to look at any ban list from any anti-cheat service to see that most bans are generated by undetected hacks that are caught using MD5 scans.

Streaming to an anti -cheat site gives anyone running leagues/ladders/cups etc etc the feelgood factor this is because any matches played, are played in the cleanest gaming environment possible,and, anyone caught with pb violations can never claim they were set up by someone else.

You know - its the honest players who use your server i feel sorry for - they trust you to provide a clean gaming environment because your the server admin and you post whats tantamount to a cheaters charter here of all places lol - either get on with the streaming or go elsewhere and try your luck - again its a choice thing - here we are very much pro PB and very much anti hacks, your posts seem to indicate otherwise

if you dont agree with PBBans stance on cheating and the detection of cheaters then please go elsewhere and see if they can help you, your opinions are the very antithesis of all we care about here.

like i posted earlier no one is forcing you to use PBBans or anyone elses bans - PB does a competent job on its own but needs a little help via MD5 scans etc to make it an exceptional anti cheat programme.

If someone checks out a cheat for curiousity sake they have more chance of getting away with it on a badly configured server and thats the reason CB are insisting on streaming and at a minimum runs MD5 checks.

As stated earlier we dont ban anyone, PB does - all we do is provide our streaming admins the most up to date information for keeping their servers clean and keep records of data that can be accessed by any concerned admin - no ones accusing you of being a cheat, cheaters dont get a forum account here.

PB enabled and updated is only half the battle - you only have to look at any ban list from any anti-cheat service to see that most bans are generated by undetected hacks that are caught using MD5 scans.

Streaming to an anti -cheat site gives anyone running leagues/ladders/cups etc etc the feelgood factor this is because any matches played, are played in the cleanest gaming environment possible,and, anyone caught with pb violations can never claim they were set up by someone else.

You know - its the honest players who use your server i feel sorry for - they trust you to provide a clean gaming environment because your the server admin and you post whats tantamount to a cheaters charter here of all places lol - either get on with the streaming or go elsewhere and try your luck - again its a choice thing - here we are very much pro PB and very much anti hacks, your posts seem to indicate otherwise

if you dont agree with PBBans stance on cheating and the detection of cheaters then please go elsewhere and see if they can help you, your opinions are the very antithesis of all we care about here.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me without calling me a dipshit, I thought PAM already did the checksum bit (which is a tool for checking random file alterations not manmade file alterations, two different files can easily have the same checksum). We are forced to stream to PBBans because of CB but there's nothing you can do about that. As for the other ppl that use our server, well we're a pretty close group everyone trusts each other and I'm sure that no-one cheats. I'm not the only admin, everyone who helps with the bill gets rcon access and if they want they can edit the files aswell (though there's only two of us that can at the moment).

I'm against hacks aswell but I'm not convinced its such a big problem. I've played against 2 or 3 people who were cheating over the course of at least 3 years. If they're cheating I can easily look it up in the pbscreens on the server and if its not our server I can just go to another.

Actually I did feel like I was being accused of being a cheat, not by you though

I figured the only reason why PBBans exists is because of cheaters (I can't think of anything else).

Edited by terra

I figured the only reason why PBBans exists is because of cheaters (I can't think of anything else).

The reason any anti-cheat exists is to provide as much information as they can to ensure that the cleanest gaming environment is attained for anyone who cares enough about protecting their servers/players to become a streaming game admin - you might trust implicitly your fellow clan members - but (theres always a but) :) do you trust implicitly every player that connects to your server - there are a ton of various pbss blockers out there that are part of a hack or stand alone, they will provide you with a nice clean screenshot every time - the best way to enhance PB for cheat detection is to run MD5 scans - we go to the trouble of collecting all the MD5 info and collating it for our streaming admins to use and any player that connects to your server only has to type /pb_logmd5tool 1 to get a list of what checks you run (if any) - so whats it to be?

stand back and let it all flow by ya, or jump aboard and provide your clan server/members with the cleanest gaming environment that we can provide - the choice is yours.

First of all, you want to provide your gamers a clean server. When your server is streaming you will keep cheaters off your server. And, if they cheat on one server, they will cheat mostlikely on every server. So you have the choice, a clean server that people like, or one "don't go there, only hackers play on that server". It's completely up to you.

IMO, whatever it takes to keep the gaming community clean......... ;)

Just because somebody once made a mistake doesn't mean they'll keep cheating.

This is an opinion, well possible, but is it likely as well? Experience and facts make something else rather evident: "once a cheat, always a cheat" (possibly "clean" for a little while when it's appropriate ... )

Any admin who bothers to maintain a banlist will come across players that managed to create multiple log entries with different hacks, who starts to stream to pbbans or just intergrates a server's banlist with pbbans' MBI will find double guid's, around 10% of them with differing hack violations and dates, always showing a sort of "upgrade tendency", i.e. first detection gamehack/bot/WH, second catch Multihack/pb_hack etc.; same applies to hax who manage to enter both PsB & PBBans MBI, just a nameless example ...

Or simply try a forums search here for keyword "already" in 'Screenshot and Demo Submission Area', will return quite a number of posts like ... guid is already on MBI etc.

And lo everyone btw :)

This is an opinion, well possible, but is it likely as well? Experience and facts make something else rather evident: "once a cheat, always a cheat" (possibly "clean" for a little while when it's appropriate ... )

Any admin who bothers to maintain a banlist will come across players that managed to create multiple log entries with different hacks, who starts to stream to pbbans or just intergrates a server's banlist with pbbans' MBI will find double guid's, around 10% of them with differing hack violations and dates, always showing a sort of "upgrade tendency", i.e. first detection gamehack/bot/WH, second catch Multihack/pb_hack etc.; same applies to hax who manage to enter both PsB & PBBans MBI, just a nameless example ...

Or simply try a forums search here for keyword "already" in 'Screenshot and Demo Submission Area', will return quite a number of posts like ... guid is already on MBI etc.

And lo everyone btw :)

nice to see you here m8 - now all we need is to get you and pappa irc trained :P