ignoring md5 tool queries - our connection to pbbans is on holidays..

peyote

We have a lot of people which are getting kicked for ignoring md5 tool queries. (link to forum)

We have more then on server, all have the same issue.

So our momentary solution is to disable PB. Which is not good.

So we want to disable md5 checks, but let PB running. Now the problem is our PB admin is in holidays, the one which did set it up. And the other one is sleeping.. since its night on his hemisphere, and afaik he dont know how.

Our Server is streaming to pbans, that admin did the needed thing.

So I ask here for help, I have server access, ftp access.

Which files have I to modify.. and what modification. I tried to find a wiki or a manual, but couldnt find any. Only for Punksbusted.com, but its not 100% same, allthough similar.

Another question, I am not sure if this is anyway temporary, or shall I fill a ticket at evenbalance?

yes, but since we stream, we also get updates from pbbans, so if I manually edit that file, the automatic update will screw it up afterwards..

so how can I disable, the automatic update of md5 checks?

and after having disabled that.. it is sufficient to remove the md5 checks from that file?

or do I also need to issue the command pb_sv_md5toolempty?

execute over rcon pb_sv_md5toolempty. MD5 tool cfgs are not updated via streaming. Its updated by PAT. You have to remove MD5 from update key in servers.cfg

ok done (rcon pb_sv_md5toolempty), we have PAT enabled, Alfdoh did set that up.. thats what I meant with 'we also get updates from pbbans'.

to lower the ignoring md5 tool queries you can also try raising your pb_sv_md5toolfreq setting to say 60 or higher (the higher the number the less frequently it checks per md5)

• 2 months later...

to lower the ignoring md5 tool queries you can also try raising your pb_sv_md5toolfreq setting to say 60 or higher (the higher the number the less frequently it checks per md5)

I had problems with a lot of people getting kicked for ignoring MD5 queries. I ended up turning them off in the end which is a real shame since they are so valuable in detecting a lot of cheats. Just decreasing the frequency wasn't enough, because the same people still get kicked, it just takes longer before they are.

Anything else I can do?

We're using same checks on jolt servers and there are absolutely no problems ( since the last update ) :huh:

Cheers for that. I've given it another try with the freq set to 60 and not having any major problems. Still getting some kicked occasionally but probably just connection issues that pb would eventually kick for anyway.

ignoring md5 queries is normally associated with bandwidth problems.

I find that if you run pbsetup on your client before any gaming session reduces that chances of getting this kick (I have never had one :) )

Jolt ET servers have pb_sv_md5toolfreq 30 set as standard and I do not see too many getting the ignoring queries kick :)