Server not streaming

SkorpeoN

I tried to get my server streaming, but at the time, I don't think the server was set up properly. I have since run the automated hub setup tool and think it is ready. it is now listed as "deactivated" pending admin approval. It is an Americas Army Proving Ground server at: 8.6.75.163:7778. Please advise me on how to get it up and streaming.

Thanks for the help,

SkorpeoN

I am new to this, so forgive me, but my question is whether I need to do anything else to get the process started. I think the sever is ready, or so the setup told me so. I just don't know if the rest of the process is automatic or whether I need to do anything else. i couldn't find anything about that in the hubguide. I think there was an attempted stream on Nov 26, but didn't succeed do lack of proper files in the server.

"Do NOT delete your server if you are trying to fix streaming issues. Only remove it if you know the ip or port are incorrect or if you are moving it to a new ip / port. please contact a PBBans  Staff member for assistance on any server that is not streaming."

This statement on your website is why I contacted you. Thank you for telling me that my server is not streaming and directing me to the hubguide that I already read. I guess this qualifies as assistance in your world. I wont be needing your service. Please delete my account.

Thank you

A little patience goes a long way.  You will find that all the information is in the link fozzer posted.  From the automated setup to the more manual way ;)

Firstly check you've added the IP and Port correctly.  It needs to be the join port not the rcon port.

Currently that looks like this:

8.6.75.163:7778 - is that correct?

Then you run the automated webtool - For this you need the rcon port

If that doesn't initiate streaming, then I always recommend manually adding the information to the relevant files on your server:

For AAPG this is:

http://www.pbbans.com/mci-view-aapg-pbsv-43.html  ... copy and paste this into your pbsv.cfg file on your server.

MD5 scans available here once you are streaming:

http://www.pbbans.com/mci-view-aapg-md5-43.html  .... go into your pbsvuser.cfg file.

Check that you have a pbucon.use file on your server as well.

After that, issue a pb_restart via your rcon tool or restart the server completely.  If that doesn't work post back here. 

Looks like the port was wrong. I deleted the server and added the one with the right port. I manually added the lines to the pbsv.cfg file. I think it is ready now. Thanks for the assistance.

7778 is normally the join port and is used to add the server to team account for streaming

8777 is normally the RCON port and is used in setup to access server setup remotely

check with your server provider to be sure

I got in a hurry this morning and didn't have time to restart the server. You were right, Mr. Sunshine, the correct join port is 7778 rcon port is 8777. I have since changed it on my streaming application. The correct files are now on the server (I think) and it has been restarted. Should be good to stream. If it's not, I am going to shoot myself and we wont need to worry about it any more.

Thanks, Mark

looks good now

---------- Account Information ----------
Team: Skorpeon ([LS])
Website: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.6.75.163:8777/
Account ID: 16240
Streaming Status: Streaming (1 / 1)

---------- Server List ----------
AAPG - 8.6.75.163:7778  (Streaming)

---------- User List ----------
SkorpeoN (227367)

---------- Helpful Links ----------