SoF2 dl help needed pls

Tim

Recently I had a hacker send me a trojan through msn mess. service...It wiped out alot of my hd and basically killed my comp,,,I reformatted the hd last night....now, the game doesnt work anymore....single player w\ the patch works fine,,multi player goes to start-up screen and just has all the outlines,,,no words, no startups..nothing..I tried reinstalling 5 times ...5 hrs later ,,,I give up......If anyone knows any other thing I can try send me some info...btw, a new game won't help eather,,,I tried an un-opened spare game I had,,,still did the same thing when trying to get multi-player to work....oh well,,,for now I'm done w\ sof2. Any advice if someone out there had same issue would be gratefull. thanks

so SP runs and MP hangs, i got that right?

did you try a PB update http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-sof2.php ?

usual workaround for hanging/crashing games:

1. gfx-drivers (no windows own crap =) http://www.techspot.com/drivers.shtml http://www.guru3d.com (fubar)

2. DirectX reinstall

3. game /patches

4. manual PB update

"Dear Guru3D.com visitor .. before you go like "woah Nelly .. Guru3D has

been hacked !"."

LOL !!! SEE !!! it's happenening everywhere... :P

Anyway, ya, I did all that...like I said sp works fine ,,mp from desktop loads all the files, goes to the 1st main page then most items are missing : its not anything like hungapp,,,its actually most everything isnt there ,If I knew how to do an ss of it i'd post it :]

"Dear Guru3D.com visitor .. before you go like "woah Nelly .. Guru3D has

been hacked !"."

LOL !!! SEE !!! it's happenening everywhere... :P

Anyway, ya, I did all that...like I said sp works fine ,,mp from desktop loads all the files, goes to the 1st main page then most items are missing : its not anything like hungapp,,,its actually most everything isnt there ,If I knew how to do an ss of it i'd post it :]

Pleased you've got it sorted out Tim :)

If you read the Guru3D textfile fully you'll see they haven't been hacked they are just changing servers.

To take a screenshot press your Prt Scr key and open up a programme like PSP, Photoshop or even Word and go Ctrl V or Edit Paste and the image will be pasted iinto whichever app you chose :)