Neeeeeed some major help wiht a Cvar command

madskrillz

Before you connect to a server drop the console and type /r_detailTextures 0 and hit enter.

is that the way to make it zero or that a guess..becasue i trieds that and it did nothing..i kept getting a warning message.

I'm do no run the server and i don't havew the ref code...i'm a player...if that helps any.

Thx for the reply<

Edited by madskrillz

When i join a game it gives me a message saying *warning* Cvar r_detailTextures (=1) must equal 0.

How do i change it to zero so i can play?

any cvar warning is quite easily dealt with while ingame :) in your particular case;

bring down console

type /r_detailTextures 0

press enter

your done

Umm .. what is the output when u just enter /r_detailTextures?

Do you by any chance have write-protected the file [mod]/profiles/your_name/etconfig.cfg with [mod] being the mod you play (e.g. noquarter, etpub, etpro, jaymod, ...).

Also, when exactly do you change the cvar and do vid_restart? Make sure you do it, when your are connected to the server or at least after disconnecting from that server (e.g. /disconnect).

Umm .. what is the output when u just enter /r_detailTextures?

Do you by any chance have write-protected the file [mod]/profiles/your_name/etconfig.cfg with [mod] being the mod you play (e.g. noquarter, etpub, etpro, jaymod, ...).

Also, when exactly do you change the cvar and do vid_restart? Make sure you do it, when your are connected to the server or at least after disconnecting from that server (e.g. /disconnect).

well i enter /r_detailTextures 0, it does nothing.....but when i do /r_detailTextures = 0 it soemtiems works and soemtimes it does nothing?!?....and i have no idea wut ur talkin about wiht the file mod config..w/e

Just to make sure: you have to open the console before you enter those commands with the key right below Esc. The command to enter then is /r_detailTexture 0.

The mod configs .. check the folders where ur ET is installed. There u find folders like etmain, jaymod, etpub, etpro, whatever ... in each of them is a folder profiles .. in each profiles folder are folders named after your ingame name .. in each of those name folders is a file called etconfig.cfg .. right-click them and make sure the write-protection flag is not set.

well i enter /r_detailTextures 0, it does nothing.....but when i do /r_detailTextures = 0 it soemtiems works and soemtimes it does nothing?!?....and i have no idea wut ur talkin about wiht the file mod config..w/e

Try the following method: it's bit complicated but worked for me to get rid of r_uifullscreen kicks 4eva (simmilar prob in rtcw)

preparations:

Search your ET gamefolder (include subdirs!) for *.cfg to check if r_detailTextures is set to 1 somewhere.

Remove write protection (if existing) and edit to "0"

remarks:

set r_detailTextures "0" (cfg) sets a value

seta r_detailTextures "0" (cfg) sets 'permanently'

resp.:

/seta r_detailTextures 0 (console) note where quotation marks are used/not used.

_________

"The PB Method" :

- was adapted from Punkbuster Problems & Fixes (see end of post "Problem: "Warning Cvar r_uiFullscreen (=1) must be EQUAL TO 0"...)

• Create (or edit - add accordinly) a file pbcl.cfg in the subdirectory "pb" of your ET game folder, content:

// 
    // pbcl.cfg -- goes to  ET-Folder/pb/pbcl.cfg 
    // 
    pb_autoexec pbgame.cfg

• Create (or edit) a file pbgame.cfg in the subdirectory "etmain" of your ET game folder, content:

// 
    // pbgame.cfg -- goes to ET-Folder/etmain/pbgame.cfg 
    // 
    r_detailTextures "0" 
    seta r_detailTextures "0"  // not sure this line is needed - but it dont harm :)

• Edit or create autoexec.cfg in ET-Folder/etmain/ and add/edit the line

seta r_detailTextures "0"

• Delete all r_detailTextures lines in all .cfg files in all ET subfolders, especially if there are any autoexec.cfg in existance yet.
________

If the problem stays, though i doubt it (already waistbelt plus suspenders) try the quick & dirty fix: create a shortcut to your ET.exe by right-Mouse-drag-n-drop [create shortcut here], edit shortcut by [ALT]+Enter and add +set r_detailTextures 0 and save changes [Ok].

Use the shortcut instead of ET.exe (on desktop, start-menu, game browsers etc.)

e.g.: ["C:\Program Files\RtCW_ET\ET.exe" +set r_detailTextures 0 ]

Try the following method: it's bit complicated but worked for me to get rid of r_uifullscreen kicks 4eva (simmilar prob in rtcw)

preparations:

Search your ET gamefolder (include subdirs!) for *.cfg to check if r_detailTextures is set to 1 somewhere.

Remove write protection (if existing) and edit to "0"

remarks:

set r_detailTextures "0" (cfg) sets a value

seta r_detailTextures "0" (cfg) sets 'permanently'

resp.:

/seta r_detailTextures 0 (console) note where quotation marks are used/not used.

_________

"The PB Method" :

- was adapted from Punkbuster Problems & Fixes (see end of post "Problem: "Warning Cvar r_uiFullscreen (=1) must be EQUAL TO 0"...)

• Create (or edit - add accordinly) a file pbcl.cfg in the subdirectory "pb" of your ET game folder, content:

// 
    // pbcl.cfg -- goes to  ET-Folder/pb/pbcl.cfg 
    // 
    pb_autoexec pbgame.cfg
  • Create (or edit) a file pbgame.cfg in the subdirectory "etmain" of your ET game folder, content:

// 
    // pbgame.cfg -- goes to ET-Folder/etmain/pbgame.cfg 
    // 
    r_detailTextures "0" 
    seta r_detailTextures "0"  // not sure this line is needed - but it dont harm :)
  • Edit or create autoexec.cfg in ET-Folder/etmain/ and add/edit the line

seta r_detailTextures "0"

• Delete all r_detailTextures lines in all .cfg files in all ET subfolders, especially if there are any autoexec.cfg in existance yet.
________

If the problem stays, though i doubt it (already waistbelt plus suspenders) try the quick & dirty fix: create a shortcut to your ET.exe by right-Mouse-drag-n-drop [create shortcut here], edit shortcut by [ALT]+Enter and add +set r_detailTextures 0 and save changes [Ok].

Use the shortcut instead of ET.exe (on desktop, start-menu, game browsers etc.)

e.g.: ["C:\Program Files\RtCW_ET\ET.exe" +set r_detailTextures 0 ]

If i do the "quick and dirty fix" will it harm my computor or game play?

so the quick 'n dirty fix worked :)

tho the pb method doesnt work for some odd reason <_ i even doubt pb_autoexec is working in et but its eb et-pb for players documentation hrmmpf ... good have no issues tried to set cl_maxpackets nada well guess this might trigger play a bit of again what wasnt the worst idea afterall lol.>