relaxed guid ??

_papa_

i'm sure this is an old question, but please answer it one more time. Does relaxing ur guid to allow " legit " players (on the same key) so NON hacking families can play ur server , does it also relax ur pb streaming ??

When you relax the guid (depending on number) you make it to where anyone can get on and play.Which causes the issue if someone has cheated then they can just make another cd key and rejoin.

i'm sure this is an old question, but please answer it one more time. Does relaxing ur guid to allow " legit " players (on the same key) so NON hacking families can play ur server , does it also relax ur pb streaming ??

From the manual

PB_SV_GUIDRelax [0-7]

Defaults to 0; Controls PunkBuster's kicking behavior related to GUIDS; A Value of 1 means PB will not kick for UNKN (Unknown) GUIDs; A Value of 2 means PB will not kick for WRONGIP GUIDs (these are GUIDS which are valid but not from the IP Address the player is connecting from); A Value of 4 means PB will not kick for DUPLICATE GUIDs; These values (1, 2 and 4) can be combined to achieve the desired behavior

What this means:

0 = Will kick for ALL
1 = Will not kick UNKNown GUIDS
2 = Will not kick for wrong IP addresses
3 = Will not kick for UNKNown GUIDS and wrong IP addresses
4 = Will not kick for DUPlicate GUIDS
5 = Will not kick for UNKNown GUIDS and DUPlicate GUIDS
6 = Will not kick for wrong IP addresses and DUPlicate GUIDS
7 = Will not kick for UNKNown GUIDS, wrong IP addresses, and DUPlicate GUIDS

Purely the choice of the server admin what guidrelax setting to use, but anything other than 0 also opens the door for the bad guys as well.

It's a point worth remembering :)

kinda of a related question then,

if install sof2 on my second pc with different key it will still kick us for duplicate guids right?

GUID is related to ip address or not?

No if you have 2 diff cd keys you will not be kicked for duplicate guids

ok thx i just figured that out a min ago ,all good now. the other key we had musta been invalid this one working now thx guys :)

kinda of a related question then,

if install sof2 on my second pc with different key it will still kick us for duplicate guids right?

GUID is related to ip address or not?

No.

You simply can't connect to a q3 engine server (same engine, same old issue; google quake or q3 not sof2) from the same IP/port.

That includes the Master/Auth Server that is needed to browse online gameservers. Only i wonder which master server for sof2? Anyway:

"Application: Quake III

Notes: Each computer uses a different port number. Add 1 for each player starting with 27660.

Ports: 27660 (+1 for each player)"

Try to start the game with a windos-shortcut or .bat

PC1: Drive:\Path\Game.exe +set net_port 27660

PC2: Drive:\Path\Game.exe +set net_port 27661