Punksbusted Master Ban Index (MBI) vs PBBans Master Ban Index (MBI)

Agent.Headzo

After doing some searching on players who've been caught with PBSS, I've noticed the some players are on the Master Ban Index (MBI) for Punksbusted and not on the Master Ban Index (MBI) for PBbans. I am curious to know if these players are able to still able to connect to servers streaming with PBBans? Also why do they show on one Master Ban Index (MBI) and not the other?

Thanks for your time

After doing some searching on players who've been caught with PBSS, I've noticed the some players are on the Master Ban Index (MBI) for Punksbusted and not on the Master Ban Index (MBI) for PBbans. I am curious to know if these players are able to still able to connect to servers streaming with PBBans? Also why do they show on one Master Ban Index (MBI) and not the other?

Thanks for your time

We do not have access to any other anti cheat sites streamed logs, so we have no way of knowing if the stringent quality checks we employ at PBBans are used in the same vein by other anti cheat sites.

The only guarantee I can give anyone asking a question about PBBans and other anti cheat sites is that the PBBans quality checks are second to none and anyone that appears on the PBBans MBI for whatever reason, is placed there because actual streamed evidence is there to back it up.

Now go ask the same question on other anti cheat site forums and see what response you get :)

Will Do, and thanks for the reply.

Follow up, do you only ban based on what content is streamed, or will sumbitted evidence (i.e. PBSS and Demos) be efficient?

Will Do, and thanks for the reply.

Follow up, do you only ban based on what content is streamed, or will sumbitted evidence (i.e. PBSS and Demos) be efficient?

All bans are based on streamed content because it is tamper proof.

PBSS will be checked against the digital fingerprint (streamed MD5hash)

Demo information will also be checked against streamed information.

What this means is that no one can claim "I was framed" because the information used can not be tampered with in any way.

Back to my first post.

The server I admin (CODUO) streams with PBBans. We caught a player using a wallhack (ESP Hack I believe) with a PBSS taken by an admin. After checking his GUID here is not listed on the Master Ban Index (MBI), I then checked at Punksbusted and his GUID is listed the Master Ban Index (MBI) there. The date of his ban is prior to the date we took the PBSS. The question is if he is not on PBBans Master Ban Index (MBI) should he still be able to connect to a PB enabled server, are these bans not global?

Back to my first post.

The server I admin (CODUO) streams with PBBans. We caught a player using a wallhack (ESP Hack I believe) with a PBSS taken by an admin. After checking his GUID here is not listed on the Master Ban Index (MBI), I then checked at Punksbusted and his GUID is listed the Master Ban Index (MBI) there. The date of his ban is prior to the date we took the PBSS. The question is if he is not on PBBans Master Ban Index (MBI) should he still be able to connect to a PB enabled server, are these bans not global?

PB and PBBans are two seperate entities. If PBBans catch him, that player is banned from only servers streaming to PBBans. If a player is caught by PunkBuster on a server, that player is globaly banned from all Punkbuster enabled servers.

If i miss-read your question i appologise, i'm tierd :)

pbbans is still the better place to stream too. I streamed to PsB for a while, no hackers caught(by configs anyways) and had to suffer a ton of lag with their set-up, despite their claims it causes none.

No lag via pbbans.cfg's, and it's catching hackers left, right and center.... enough proof for me.

Stream to pbbans=All Bans are updated live via the Hub but does not include punksbusted bans.

Stream to punksbusted=All Bans are updated every 30 days to public does not include pbbans bans.

You can stream to both.You will receive bans from both however if you stream to 1 your only gonna receive the bans from 1.Does that make since? If they are banned by Evenbalance and the ban is global (depending on ban) they are banned permanently.Here are the bans Evenbalance give.

Hardware Ban=You are banned permanently from the game and all pb supported games.

Guid Ban=You are banned via Guid you will not be able to play unless you get a new game

Also you can merge Pbbans and any other Anti-Cheat ban list together via the Generate Ban List option on the MBI.

Hope this helps.

It does. :)

Thank you all for helping to clear this up.

This will help me better educate the other server admins too.

Thanks again everyone :D

As a footnote;

The only global bans ever issued are by EvenBalance themselves, there are 2 types, global guid bans and global hardware bans.

Every other violation from this list;

#50000s - Aimbot

#60000s - Wallhack

#70000s - Multihack

#80000s - Gamehack

#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers

#100000s - Speedhack

#110000s - Autofire

#120000s - Game Hook

#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

will get a standard 2 minute kick (or whatever the admin has his pb_sv_KickLen set to )

So theoretically a cheater can get kicked for an AIMBOT and simply remove the cheat and rejoin a server 2 mins later.

Thats were pro active admins say, fook that and apply a perm ban.

Anti Cheat sites have taken this one step further and grouped together a lot of admins who want to keep cheaters out of their servers.

They provide cvar/md5 scans that turn PunkBuster

• 2 months later...

Stream to pbbans=All Bans are updated live via the Hub but does not include punksbusted bans.

Stream to punksbusted=All Bans are updated every 30 days to public does not include pbbans bans.

You are correct. PunksBusted has a public ban list that has bans that are older than 30 days on it. If you stream to PunksBusted you get all the bans right away. The banlist updates multiple times daily.

And for clarification, PunksBusted has the Master Ban List(MBL), and PBBans has the Master Ban Index (MBI).

Regardless of the naming convention and what each site offers and how they differ......both PBBans and PsB offer unique services that do differ. That is one of the main reasons we created the Hub....to offer server admin the opportunities to take advantage of both services. We are not in a competition with PsB.