what does this mean? (pB Hack) #130440?

C4T

hi!:)

When i try to enter a server on cod 2 this sign appears: "... has been kicked via punkbuster (for 2 minutes).. violation (PH HACK) #130440. Is it a hack or what? Ive never hacked, so what does that mean? Ive tried to update punkbuster but it doesnt help.

Hope someone can help me with this!:)

/C4T

Thanks for the reply!!!!:)))

I will try that, hope it works, im a total noob with these thing:)

/C4T:)

Edited by C4T

hello, i was searchin some help.... same thing for me today; i was not on a streamin server but i open a ticket at evenbalance and answer a french pb admin to call pb coz it s fear me !

Same code 130440 . No cheat and original cfg

I have gotten a response back from my PB Support Ticket. Then want me to run some sort of tool that gives them a list of everything running directly after it happens. It did not happen to me tonight, but I only played about 30 minutes.

It seems there are quite a few people suddenly getting this. Maybe a latest update is catching a falso positive on something...

worm

Edited by bullet-worm

ye that's how it works. File a Ticket at EB and follow the instructions ... carefully. Fyi the typical TT is closed due to inactivity after ~10 days, eventually 'cause it doesnt happen anymore' or whatever; we will lift bans for pb violations # > 50000 only if EB confirms a false positive via TT.

Hey Benway look at the last pb ban, i m not sure they care about the problem cos' a lot of pb 130440 are on the Master Ban Index (MBI) :(

There are 2 possible scenario's here m8 :)

1. EvenBalance have been running "silent detections" and when the silent detections tail off a mass violation is issued for all those detected.

2. It's a false positive.

Either way it's only EvenBalance that can provide an answer, if EB staff tell us that a false positive has been raised on #130440 all bans resulting from that violation will be removed from our system.

I know its a 'cliche' but I know I don't hack, so I personally am sure they hit a false positive somewhere.

Of course, I wouldn't expect anyone else that hasn't been hit with a false positive to believe it until EB says so as well. I know I wouldn't have...

How common have false positives been?

edit: Luckily for me it did not happen on a streaming server. I am just avoiding streaming servers for now.

worm

Edited by bullet-worm

I know its a 'cliche' but I know I don't hack, so I personally am sure they hit a false positive somewhere.

Of course, I wouldn't expect anyone else that hasn't been hit with a false positive to believe it until EB says so as well. I know I wouldn't have...

How common have false positives been?

edit: Luckily for me it did not happen on a streaming server. I am just avoiding streaming servers for now.

worm

Theres been a few here and there, but not enough to say its a commonplace occurence :)

The good news is that when a "false positive" is proven EB staff get the message out in prety quick time.

I'm afraid that all we can do now is sit and wait for the verdict to roll in.

On a sidenote, I was asked why another anti cheat site does not ban for #1300 violations, I can only speak for PBBans when I say that one of the main criteria of streaming in the first place is to keep cheaters out of our streaming servers, and unless stated otherwise by EvenBalance anyone who raises a #1300 violation will be treated the same as anyone who raises any bannable violation.

I hope that clears everything up :)

Monday 08.13.2007 [9:30PM]

We have confirmed that non-cheat software caused some of the kicks for Violation #130440. We encourage admins to give players the benefit of the doubt and ignore this violation number; it has been removed from our system.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-cod2.php

When you remove the bans, could you please send the pb_sv_unbanGuid command to all hub streaming servers? Saves server admins to unban locally as well.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-cod2.php

When you remove the bans, could you please send the pb_sv_unbanGuid command to all hub streaming servers? Saves server admins to unban locally as well.

Our ban managers are already working on it Rude, and a quick thanks to all who co-operated with EB on resolving this issue, for the patience displayed, and for having faith in the system :)