PBBans & Punksbusted

=BS=Sonic

I was wondering if it possible to stream to both PBBans and Punksbusted

It has been possible to dual stream for over a year now.

do you both use the same Master Ban Index (MBI)?

We do not share banlists because the only way that PBBans can confirm the integrity of a bannable violation is via streamed log information and we do not have access to psb streamed logs.

PBBans employs stringent, self imposed, quality procedures and can not guarantee that the same vigour re quality is applied elsewhere without access to their procedures.

Is it worth doing (streaming to 2 )

One of the main reasons for streaming logs is to narrow the playing fields that are available to cheaters, dual streaming ensures that a cheater is banned off as many game servers as possible.

so how do i set the dual streaming up? i have a psb account and clan id.

do i need to configure servers to stream to psb and leave my pbbans settings as they are or do i have to do something different?

• 2 weeks later...

so how do i set the dual streaming up? i have a psb account and clan id.

do i need to configure servers to stream to psb and leave my pbbans settings as they are or do i have to do something different?

A post on the PsB forums will sort you out for streaming to both (assuming you already know how to stream here). Trouble is neither here nor there like to discuss how to set the other up - and rightly so. So it's best to ask the relevant AC site how to setup their method. Its easy to do and lets face it, why stream to one when you can stream to two :)

Each site has pros and cons to their method of streaming. Ucon has potential security issues (anyone can run any command on your server without your consent - read the PBBans Disclaimer for a modicum more information) and the repository method needs user intervention to keep up to date so its arguably slower then the Ucon (or hub) method. However, the only way to streaming to both is using both methods. So you take the pros and cons of each method and live with it. The benefits outweigh the detriments (and risks) in my opinion.

Cheers.

Ucon has potential security issues (anyone can run any command on your server without your consent - read the PBBans Disclaimer for a modicum more information) and the repository method needs user intervention to keep up to date so its arguably slower then the Ucon (or hub) method.

There are no such vulnerabilities. At the moment only me and Maydax could possibly execute commands but hub does not allow this. Cmds are hardcoded into hub. All Hub commands are logged in pb logs so admin can always see them. There is also possibility to disable it using 0 instead of 1 in pb ucon profile which causes PB to ignore all cmds coming from the Hub. I want to assure all admins using Hub that there is no security issue at all.

The risk is same as with ambl when you enter rcon password in there.

Ucon has potential security issues (anyone can run any command on your server without your consent - read the PBBans Disclaimer for a modicum more information)

Unfounded accusations....or do you know for a fact that security issues exist with our system?

Nothing like bumping an old thread eh :P

A post on the PsB forums will sort you out for streaming to both (assuming you already know how to stream here).

A quick peek on the PsB forums reveals that =Delta=Retribate got his streaming to PsB sorted on 30 Sep 2007

click me

Trouble is neither here nor there like to discuss how to set the other up - and rightly so. So it's best to ask the relevant AC site how to setup their method.

Perhaps this is an example of why discussion on the setup and use of another streaming method should be left to the relevant AC site, that way no misconceptions can be passed on.

Each site has pros and cons to their method of streaming. Ucon has potential security issues (anyone can run any command on your server without your consent - read the PBBans Disclaimer for a modicum more information) and the repository method needs user intervention to keep up to date so its arguably slower then the Ucon (or hub) method.

This is not so much an accusation, I would call it misinformation :)

Lets remind ourselves of the PBBans Hub disclaimer.

Disclaimer:

Setting your pbucon to profile 1 does allow rcon comands to be sent to your server. This is how the PBBans Hub and Rep sends live bans to your server. No admin has any control of this feature and only the web services and systems of PBBans such as the hub and rep have access to this.

The only commands that are sent to a server using profile 1 is the live ban commands

Should you not want any commands being sent to your server please use profile 0 like the below example:

PB_SV_UConAdd 0 63.171.64.205 pbbhub pbbhub

Using profile 0 will stop all commands from being sent to your server. Thus live banning and other enhanced features will be disabled. (profile 1 is the default profile for PBBans Hub streaming)

Finally let me make a personal comment on the rep. v Hub debate :)

Dont forget that streaming to PBBans can be done using the rep. method or the Hub method, we can accomodate both.

Streaming via the PBBans Hub is the method chosen by choice of most of our server admins and with good reason.

Over the years the cheat coders have evolved new ways to cheat at online gaming and PBBans has evolved a modern, effective, stable and secure method of streaming, utilising PBUCON, that is a lot quicker, easier to initiate, and a lot more effective than standard rep. streaming.

At the moment we have even more enhancements in the pipeline that will further complinent the existing features, which are;

Multi-streaming capability

Live Banning

Live Log Parsing

Live Unbanning

Log Forwarding to other AC sites

Hub Greeting System

etc etc :P

Apologies for anything I missed :)

The one thing I think all are agreed on is that its better to stream to the 2 premiere anti cheat sites (PBBans & PsB ) because a caught cheater will have a drastically reduced playing field when he is busted on both rather than one.

I was wondering if it possible to stream to both PBBans and Punksbusted or do you both use the same Master Ban Index (MBI)?

Is it worth doing (streaming to 2 )

The only answer is YES !!!! Cause it doesn't make so much more work for you as an admin, and if i see our BF 2 server, we now got 10000+ Bans for battlefield 2 !!!!!! The second thing is that you've got the latest chaet checks from both sides (yes, they are different!!!) and so you got max security for your server........

last thing to say: BIG THANX TO BOTH SIDES FOR THEIR GREAT WORK TO THE ONLINE COMMUNITY !!!!!!!!!!