question about Flags

darknite

Okay i recently added a ranked Battlefield 2142 sever to the streaming list

however i am unsure what flags i should check

im wondering if i should check both the Enforce Bans and the Accept Hub Bans or should i only check one

any help would be great thanks!

Edited by darknite

okay

so then would i have to update the ban list to include all current bans? and if so how would i do that since i dont have access to any of the folders because it is ranked?

the main question i guess im trying to ask here is which method is better and more effective at catching hackers?

the Accept Hub Ban

or the Enforce Bans?

and is it safe to leave both of them enabled on the sever? or should i pick only one?

thanks

Edited by darknite

and is it safe to leave both of them enabled on the sever? or should i pick only one?

I used "Enforce Bans" on my BF2142 server and imo no need to have "Accept Hub Bans" marked as well

if you dont want a copy of the banlist on your server will say :)

1. the main question i guess im trying to ask here is which method is better and more effective at catching hackers?

2. and is it safe to leave both of them enabled on the sever? or should i pick only one?

1. if handled properly, there is no difference.

2. it's possible, up to you, tho these are two differnt concepts for banlist updates, in result your servers local banlist will be updated with all bans from the date/time streaming started (accept bans), or/and with all guids that are on MBi and try to enter your server (enforce bans) ... i.e both options = waistbelt + suspenders

For further info checkout the Pinned Topics for SGA