COD4 Server settings

IB{S.a.n.d.m.a.n}

Hello, I have a new COD4 server up and running, I am wondering:

My COD4 Server

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/62.75.219.15:28960/

1. how to stream to PBBans

2. difference between ranked and unranked settings?

3. does anyone have a server.ini for a ranked and unranked server to share?

Thanks

Hello, I have a new COD4 server up and running, I am wondering:

My COD4 Server

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/62.75.219.15:28960/

1. how to stream to PBBans

To stream to PBBans, you'll first need to add it to your account via the Account Manager. Next, setting up streaming is literally as easy as adding a few lines to your config. I would recommend you setup streaming via the HUB as it is much easier, faster, and more modern. Click Here for instructions on setting up streaming.

2. difference between ranked and unranked settings?

A ranked server will allow you to use ranks and unlocks, but you will be restricted to what settings you can use. An unranked server will not use ranks or unlocks, but will allow you to mod and/or change whatever settings you wish.

3. does anyone have a server.ini for a ranked and unranked server to share?

I don't personally, although I'm sure one of the other streaming admins here can help you with that. Edited by Woolf

Thanks, OK I have added HUB to my server, my log says it is actively(checked with the command "pb_sv_uconlist") working but when I view my servers it say Server Not Added? Can ya help there?

When I use the command "pb_sv_uconlist" it tells me I am streaming/Hub but when I check the status here it says not streaming. Does it take many a few hours or so for this to all come together?

Thanks

Edited by IB{S.a.n.d.m.a.n}

62.75.219.15:28960

timed out in hlsw when I checked.

Server Summary
Server Name: [Iron Brigade] Recruiting WWW.IB-CLAN.ORG
Server Type: Call of Duty 4
IP Address: 62.75.219.15 Port: 28960

OK my log sasys:

[11.17.2007 10:06:23] PB UCON Profile added type=1 mask="64.27.21.46" name="pbbanshub"

but

I see this error in my logs...over and over...

[11.17.2007 10:06:25] PB UCON Packet ignored "pbbanshub"@64.27.21.46.205:40772 []

But when I type command pb_sv_uconlist I get:

PunkBuster Client: [slot] [Type] [Mask] [Name]

PunkBuster Client: 1 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub

PunkBuster Client: End of PB UCON Profile List (1 Entry

so I assume I have all setup but something is still screwed up as it still shows my server as "NOT STREAMING"

What shall I do?

Check your pbsv.cfg ( if you keep pbbans settings in pbbans_hub.cfg, check pbbans_hub.cfg )

You should have there:

pb_sv_uconadd 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub pbbanshub
and

pb_sv_usessionlimit 2
Check pb server version too.

If this fails, either join our irc channel or try to set it up again but using RCON.

OK, I downloaded and uploaded the hub file again, maybe there was a bad line are whatever but it seems to be streaming now, also under my server settings it says streaming!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

hey guys while were at it can anyone tell me why my COD4 server only shows up in locl list not the main browser list..have all ports forwared and players can join but only through ip, also PB updated and running, latest 1.4 patch..any ideas guys?

hey guys while were at it can anyone tell me why my COD4 server only shows up in locl list not the main browser list..have all ports forwared and players can join but only through ip, also PB updated and running, latest 1.4 patch..any ideas guys?

This has been a rather large issue with alot of server admins. One fix that is going around is shut your server down for 30-40 minutes and restart it. That has fixed alot of the servers not showing up, including mine.

This website will show you if your server(s) are listed, but even if it shows you as listed, it doesn't guarantee you will actually be displayed in your server browser. The current browser seems to be the most hated thing about COD4.

http://stats.callofduty.com/

At the time of writing, I couldn't get onto the website above, as this is the first time it's happened for me, I will assume there is a temporary problem

Edited by Gnu_UKC-X

This has been a rather large issue with alot of server admins. One fix that is going around is shut your server down for 30-40 minutes and restart it. That has fixed alot of the servers not showing up, including mine.

This is what i do everytime i cant get mine to show up.

Should not be an issue to stream here as well, but you may need to get on irc and talk directly to an admin to get it all working. Not entirely sure how AON works.

ok road ill see try to get the streaming goping here as well, also still cant get the server to show up in main list only shows in local..waited 30 mins after stopping it restarted it and still only in local but i see that players seem to find it and enter np..but my members cant say its not in the main list so they all go in by ip..not sure how the other players find it and enter prob through allseeing eye or xfire maybe but need to get it in main lobby got me buggered!!