PunkBuster Server: Corrupt or Mismatched PB Server Files (FE32)

thebigguy

K, Im a noob at this stuff; ;)

Just followed the instructions....I think.Uploaded said files.

When I run the "pb_sv_restart"

I get the following error

Server: Corrupt or Mismatched PB Server Files (FE32)

Any Ideas ??

• 1 year later...

i am also getting this problem... i have 2 servers... the main server works fine no problems

but i just added a new server and i get the FE32 error.

any further ideas other then to re install PB?

i am also getting this problem... i have 2 servers... the main server works fine no problems

but i just added a new server and i get the FE32 error.

any further ideas other then to re install PB?

have you asked your server host to re-install pb?

This error is common on new server installs. It happens simply because the game is installed with the default pb version included with the install files. The original version is usually to old to be able to update on it's own.

Simple solution.

Head over to www.evenbalance.com click on your game, and then proceed to download all the htm files for the server-side (Downloads for Admin link). You'll also need the required pbsvnew.dll(windows servers) or pbsvnew.so(linux servers).

Then simply upload these files to the appropriate section of your gameserver's pb install. pbsvnew.so or .dll goes in the main pb folder. htm files go in the htm folder within the pb folder.

Now, either issue a pb_sv_update command from rcon, and then pb_sv_restart from rcon, or simply reboot your server from your control panel. New and updated version of pb will be installed on your server, and it then update on it's own.

Yes, these are dedicated methods for getting pb up to date via the manual method. AFIK, a dedi-box isn't a lot different than a shared box, in that the files are perhaps shared, depending on host, but the IP's are seperate.