MSG PB SS Viewer

{MSG}Goose

Version 1.03 is out. It provides an option to use Orangepeel's PBSS plugin for zooming and gamma correction. No subsequent versions are on the drawing board (but that's what I said about 1.02).

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

both thumbs up !!!!!!!!!! best of both worlds. GREAT WORK MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6 months later...

I currently have this set up on our ranked bf2 server and we access to via a remote URL. The one thing I noticed is it take a aweful long time to load up doing that. By long time I mean around 10 minutes.

Sounds like a big index file. Maybe a huge index fle.

The Viewer sucks down the whole index file and then rearranges it for local consumption. The sucking time will depend on index file size and connection speed. The rearrange time depends on your processor speed, other running tasks, and browser's JavaScript implementation. IE seems slower than Firefox on that last part.

If you have a big index file, one solution is to trim off the front of it. That has to be done by you, on the server; the Viewer cannot help with that. Chances are, the front is full of references to non-existent screenshots due to PB's re-use of screenshot numbers. You can tell how much this situation exists by the difference between the two Screenshot Census by Player lists. Lots of zeroes indicate lots of nearly useless index entries at the top of the file. I say "nearly" useless because they are still used to find aliases.

items encountered: 69,797

items loaded: 69,797

items excluded: 0

through: Wed 6Aug08 6:39:09 p.m.

players: 4,523

screenshots: 500

players

w/screenshots:

screenshots

/player:

What file are u using for a index file, so I can clean it up.

Oh yeah, that's a big index. :)

The index file is pbsvss.htm. Your Index Summary indicates that only the last 500 of the 69,000 lines are completely useful.

Oh yeah, that's a big index. :)

The index file is pbsvss.htm. Your Index Summary indicates that only the last 500 of the 69,000 lines are completely useful.

I was thinking that also. :) Everyonce and while i have to clean out the pbsvss.htm anyways cause it seems to screw up alot when pb overwrites ss. Thanks for the nice viewer man. Works great for bf2.

• 3 weeks later...

Set this up for viewing on our forums for two game servers. I also applied permissions for admins only. Thank you so much. It was quick, and easy to set up. Plus I added Peel's plugin.

No issues. Awesome work Goose

this looks great im going to give it a try ;) has anyone tried using the pb_sv_SsCmd "" //[Filename of system command to run after screenshots] and wrote a script that works? I have seen copies of the working script somewhere i think on pbbans but the only problem is every gsp is different and where you upload 2 is different too. am going to give it a try but i need to know it works specifically for me before I upload it 2 multiplay so I need to refresh the memory of my little linux knowledge.