Violation (Aimbot) Weird ban :O!

nuclear

Whats it mean if you get kicked for

(name) punkbuster kicked player (name) (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (AIMBOT) #59019

Like the story of how this ban line occured was The (name) went to google server and then it downloaded the map baserace, then he went to another server and it downloaded another baserace, so then this player did the same thing went into BPC| server and he got kicked for the same reason, but he reinstalled the game and now it does not kick him? just some thoughts please

Edited by nuclear

(name) punkbuster kicked player (name) (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (AIMBOT) #59019

I'm not sure why he got the bot violation, but as it shows as a "2 minute kick". I would think he should have the benefit of the doubt in fact with a kick showing and not a ban I would guess he just hit some kind of hiccup in the system.

I'm not sure why he got the bot violation, but as it shows as a "2 minute kick". I would think he should have the benefit of the doubt in fact with a kick showing and not a ban I would guess he just hit some kind of hiccup in the system.

Well if you were banned its not our fault due to pbbans not being up and running since that attack. And if you could tell me the name he was banned under i will be more then happy to check my log. However i looked up nuclear and only came up with NuclearShark. And it was a pbban "NuclearShark" "xx.xx.xx.xx" PB HACK #130035

So do you think bpc| conjured up a hoax ban? I'm just saying that since streams have been down for several days it is very possible it didnt get sent to pbbans MBL. Since no servers were streaming it was impossible to stream his ban to pbbans. I didnt get ours back on the streaming untill yesterday at around 8:00 pm so there ya go. Thats not to say he didnt get on the Evenbalance list. But I think they were down too. Just like punksbusted. Its kinda weird that all the PB stuff was nailed during this outtage.

Haven't heard about evenbalance being down. PsB is down due to some upgrading on their end, hardware-wise. It's announced in their news-feeds as well as other sections of this forums.

We're only down due to moving hardware to a new location, and should be up shortly.

A two minute kick for an aimbot seems odd, but perhaps it could happen.

With regards to ET, you're better off downloading from known and trusted gaming clan's servers, or turn downloads off in your game properties, and manually download the maps they require from one of several map repositories.

Remember, all gamers are responsible for what they download. It's up to the individual to be aware of what they're allowing to enter their computer, not us, not evenbalance, not PsB, etc. You download at your own risk.

Just to clarify things :P

Any player that incurs a violation as per this list;

Cheat/Hack Violations:

When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. Families of cheats are listed below. Resolution: Remove cheats and hacks from the computer.

#50000s - Aimbot

#60000s - Wallhack

#70000s - Multihack

#80000s - Gamehack

#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers

#100000s - Speedhack

#110000s - Autofire

#120000s - Game Hook

#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

will incur a 2 minute kick (which is default) or for whatever time the server admin has specified using the pb_sv_KickLen cvar.

The only bans directly issued by EvenBalance are globalguid/hardware bans.

So in theory a player can receive a 2 minute kick for an aimbot violation, delete his cheat, and be back playing in the same server 2 minutes later.

This is were proactive admins come in, and issue a pbguid ban for anyone who raises a violation from the above list.

When streaming is back up and running, any player who raises a violation from the above list will be banned off all PBBans streaming servers and the only course of action for a player would be to raise a troubleticket with EvenBalance and ask if the violation is valid, they will of course have to explain why they think its not valid.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions about a mistake being made etc etc.

Well Im not sure why it came up as a 2 minute kick I know cvar restrictions do that. We use the punkbuster suggested cvars and updated punkbuster to the latest. Now with that said I was wrong about Punkbuster being down. We had to manually update our server and it fixed the issue. For some reason the punkbuster master server was not communicating with our server. So we had to manually update it with the latest pb which was released a few days ago. Now could he have been banned for not having the "new"pb client files? Maybe.

Well I checked out the log for sv_cheat.log and only found 1 ban for that number. If you would like i can post the offending guid and IP of that player. Oh and his name. If pbbans knew this player had a membership here would they kill his membership? could he be getting inside info from pbbans? by reading the forums and learning how to cheat the anticheat? Perhaps i could let the cat out of the bag and reveal why you didnt post his name and or GUID. Its not a question of oddban its more of a question of why you are protecting this person. I know for a fact this person is a member of pbbans. And since we werent streaming at that very second when he got banned.He got away with something. I have been playing ET since it was released as a demo. And I have never been banned for any kind of hack. Maybe a cvar violation or two. Lets just say there is no way these people do not know whats on their machine.

Call it what you will. I have played every mod known to ET and never once did i have someone download a hack onto my pc. So this is why i became a member here to try and help get these scumbags out of what once was a great team oriented game. So protect the guy and while you are doing that I will contact even balance with that ban code to see if its a valid ban. But since this is the only ban in the log by that number it has to be the same guy that talked to me last night on our server and he told me who this ban was. As a matter of fact this is the exact line from my sv_cheat.log As you can see it says nothing about a 2 minute kick. Perhaps he got caught hacking then decided to reload ET to make it look like he found the problem.

[01.29.2008 00:24:55] VIOLATION (AIMBOT) #59019: His name here (slot #5) Violation (AIMBOT) #59019 [This is where his guid belongs(VALID:1) XX.XX.xx.XXX:58360]

Edited by bpcZoD

Why is this "discussion" continuing ?"

Let me try to put this a little clearer, if possible.

When streaming is back up and running, anyone who raises a violation for any of these;

#50000s - Aimbot

#60000s - Wallhack

#70000s - Multihack

#80000s - Gamehack

#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers

#100000s - Speedhack

#110000s - Autofire

#120000s - Game Hook

#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

will be added to the MBI automatically.

If a player raises any of the above violations, the default PB "punishment" is a 2 minute kick

Untill streaming is back up and running, server admins can either apply a local pbguid ban using the pb_sv_banguid command, or leave the cheater be and let PBBans take care of it when back up and running.

I don't know about anyone else but I have no interest in covering for anyone bpcZoD.

We all know the rules on streaming the violations to be valid and thats rightly so.

I would suggest a nice private PM to a admin as a heads up and quietly waiting for a second chance. ;)