pro-pb people

where would anti-cheats be without cheating?

note: i do not cheat online. i never have. never will. i leave cheating for single player.

i have a problem with the attitude of people who fully support punkbuster. they seem to think that they are gods because they haven't been PB banned. they seem to think that PB is perfect in every way and that no cheat will ever work on a PB enabled server.

"[]Bjoern - EVEN BALANCE STAFF MEMBER -

'Let me also add this: PB is NOT fool proof - we are very careful with how we find a cheat, and based on the number of cheats we detect there have been very very few wrong violations - so called "false positives". If a player believes to have been caught cheating while they did not, they can test directly with us to find out if there is a problem. If there is a problem, we will make such a statement on our website about "false positives" as we have done in the past. The violation number is removed and will not happen again in the future - unless the PB Server is still using an old version of course.'"

i also have a problem with people who do cheat and people that make cheats. they seem to think that their versions are fully undetectable and that makes them gods. they steal quality gameplay from others.

i am a little more biased towards the cheating community, mainly because most of the anti-cheat community seems quite ignorant of it all.

cheat makers will always be a small step ahead of any anti-cheat software.

why does punkbuster have regular updates? answer that yourself. :)

(i did have a pb scare once, but it was quickly fixed by reinstalling pb)

I have and never will think of myself as some sort of god.

I am a leasee and admin of a server which I intend to keep as cheat free as possible. The purpose of this site is to other admin with the same intentions combine our ban lists so that we can all play the game. There are lots of PB enabled servers.....as well as many servers without PB. Obviously the server admin who run those PB enabled servers run PB for a reason. There is not a piece of software in this world that is without bugs or issues. The reason for the updates......geez that is a no-brainer....ummmm......new cheats detected....and added. Sure there will always be cheaters out there making their little cheats work so it isn't detected by PB....but guaranteed....one day it will be.

Woohoo first off IM ON A ROLL TRY and STOP me. (posting)

but yeah i agree with poster there are alot of "FOOLS" that say oh he aint cheating PB is on

well we all kow that is BUllhocky, but alas I also know form my few days here that its a Hidden world to those who KNOW (you guys at PBBANS) and those who are just plain retarded

also to not DIS PunkBuster support but one time in the past for sof2 help info.. ie there are ranges that can be set for cvars ie

ummm........damn it minds gone blank

lets say

CL_maxpackets which is normally set to 20-50 i think if i remeber correctly

Now isnt tehre away to set this for Most cvars

as this would stop alotta ppl using them dowy ping well not HACK but Defusing the games reall running capabilities??

as if this was possible then well i think there would be new Anti cheat that ppl wouldnt know about ( well majority)

if there is this would be great to know as PB DIDNT have a clue what i was talking about,....... LOL DOESNT know CVAR commands im thinking they probley thought i was a hacking digging for info

Whcih if anyone reads my post im pretty retarded to figuer that much out

anyone take care m8 and CHIn UP as the PBBAN crew are well into getting them PAnzys OFFline once AND forall

GJ TEAM

blazed

Best way to think of PB is like an Anti-Virus, the scum will keep on being produced but those guys over at EB will combat it with new updates.

indeed... so what legallyillegal was tryng to say was:

he likes virri more then the makers of anti-virus and the ones that hunt down virri and rip them apart in pieces to make them detectable.

I think I would have to agree with Johnny, it seems that this guy is pro-cheat as he seems to be complaining that we are "a small step behind" the hackers. What would he have us do...it would be like doctors and researchers just retiring because there are new diseases being discovered and they would be "a small step behind" them. I doubt that people would want this to happen as they are apprecitative for the technology that we have, even with the limitations.

i have a problem with the attitude of people who fully support punkbuster. they seem to think that they are gods because they haven't been PB banned. they seem to think that PB is perfect in every way and that no cheat will ever work on a PB enabled server.

What he really means to say, I think, is he has a problem with those out there that rely on the PB software ALONE.

Obviously the cheat coders will continuously make new cheats undetectable by PB and PB will try to make them detectable as soon as possible.

The members here use PB and it's tools like, md5tool, pbss's, cvar logging, demo recording with a pb_plist screenshot and of course... a ban list.

Those admins that do nothing but have PB enabled are almost as bad as those that run a server with PB not enabled in my opinion. Sad, but there it is.

Those admins that do nothing but have PB enabled are almost as bad as those that run a server with PB not enabled in my opinion. Sad, but there it is.

Couldn't agreee more :wink:

And for the ones usng auto ban loader.... i hope your configs are correct and md5 tools set correctly or a whole lotta people are gonna get banned and pissed.

hmmmm... sounds like AMBL updater :roll:

Peace,

You are 100% right Rob. Our servers had PB disabled when I first met you, and it was because people had no faith in it cause alot of hacks made it through. It was the introduction to the many tools, custom configurations, and the MBI that got my clan back on board. PB is a great tool in my opinion, but you have to be active in cheat enforcement for it to work efficiently.

See that.... cast a line in the water and see what you troll in :twisted:

Good going pbbans wrote: hmmmmm... nobody is laughing.

Yes we are cause you read it.  :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

I have and never will think of myself as some sort of god.

well there goes MY belief system :lol:

anyway. you come off yourself a bit arrogant if u think we dont know PB is infallable. However almost 90% are positive matches. If they have an excuse why PB banned them then thats fine, however the fundamental fact that PB BANNED THEM CORRECTLY is not argued by most people. If they do get a false positive they e-mail evenbalance and i'm pretty sure they can work it out because not many people using hacks are gonna ask evenbalance why they're banned, THEY KNOW WHY 8)

• 3 weeks later...

I think what he means is that Anti-Cheaters are sometimes ignorant of who cheat makers are and the fact that they arent people with no life, job family, who spend 24 hours a day making cheats. They probably program as part of their job and it is just something for them to do. They would probably help code anti cheats if asked in a nice way and weren't looked down. There is a little story involving valve with regards to this.

Also over a year ago i sent EB some information regarding how opengl hacks functioned, from which i never got a reply, and over 6 months later they added it to detection in pb and shit loads of opengl hacks got wiped out.

They would probably help code anti cheats if asked in a nice way and werent looked down.

When else in life does this occur? Just because you are nice to someone doesnt mean they are all of sudden going to start having high morals. Please dont rob that bank. Please dont cheat on your taxes. (yes, I know...I once again used an analgy that is more serious than cheating in a game :roll: )

I think what he means is that Anti-Cheaters are sometimes ignorant of who cheat makers are and the fact that they arent people with no life, job family, who spend 24 hours a day making cheats.  They probably program as part of their job and it is just something for them to do

Sorry, but I dont care what a hacker/cheater motives are or who they are. Its not ignorance...I just dont care. It doesnt matter to me. I dont want to psychoanalyze them - I want them expelled from the gaming world. BTW people who switch from being hackers to anti-hackers normally only do so after being caught or after they grow up.

If I have mistaken your point then I am sorry. But to me it seems it reads like you want us to have sympathy for the people who are trying to ruin something that doesnt belong to them...our fun. Just because you have the ability to program hacks doesnt mean you should. I find that concept quite simple....