EvenBalance banning cracked CoD4 servers

MaydaX

As of March 6, 2008 EvenBalance has started banning Call of Duty 4 servers that have a modified executable which is commonly used to disable CD Key checks. A server that is banned will repeatedly display a *WARNING* This server is BANNED by PunkBuster message.

cod4_banned.jpg

Players may also experience lag after a period of time.

How to check your server

If you wish to check if your server is using a modified executable a common method is to check the authservername CVAR. This is a cheat protected CVAR and should have a value of cod4master.activision.com.

Servers can just issue the authservername command via rcon to check it. Players can also check this by typing /pb_cvarval authservername in the game console. Please note the pb_cvarval check may not work on all servers.

cod4_auth_check.jpg

What to do if your server is banned

If your server is listed as BANNED remove any modified executables and submit a trouble ticket to EvenBalance located here

• 1 month later...

Hello , is thare any way to fix this ? when i try to connect a private server with punkbuster ON , it ussualy dissconect me or admin instant ban me , or i got the WARNING message i freeze with huge lag . thanks

• Upvote 1

Hello , is thare any way to fix this ? when i try to connect a private server with punkbuster ON , it ussualy dissconect me or admin instant ban me , or i got the WARNING message i freeze with huge lag . thanks

Join a retail non cracked server

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the real benefit is that if Punkbuster stops piracy, that will get more developers to hire Even Balance for their game. There are two factors that could be the death of the PC gaming market, cheaters and piracy. Stopping both is vital or we'll all be stuck playing console games.

• 3 weeks later...
could be the death of the PC gaming market, cheaters and piracy. Stopping both is vital or we'll all be stuck playing console games.

I hope that's not the case, but if it is, I hope everyone is doing everything they can to stop cheating & piracy... attacking the problem from All sides!

I still see 'Cracked' servers in Game Browsers (cod4), anyone know why they don't remove cracked servers from their list and help? Is it that they don't have a financial reason to do it, they don't care or, it's not possible?

I had a cracked server because it was empty all the day when it was pure.

Now I got that ban then I changed the server back to PURE/LEGIT without cracked binaries.

After openning a ticket in order to remove this ban from my server (as you requested above) I received the following message:

"Note #2: The use of cracked servers is neither allowed nor tolerated by either the games publisher/developer or Even Balance. We ban server IP addresses from the PunkBuster system based on requests by the game's publisher/developer."

I also sent a message to Activision and they didn't even respond.

How do you want from people to stop this if you dont agree to unban their server?

My server is now legit and I still getting this "This server is banned by Punkbuster" so what do you want me to do to resolve this problem? IP change is not an option.

• 1 month later...
The banning of servers is an EvenBalance issue. We have no say over the matter, not any control over it.

... for further information please visit http://www.evenbalance.com

Before spamming pinned topics with unresolvable "problems" can you keep ^this^ in mind, thank you.

topic
split off**

• 10 months later...

Hey, I just got info for our clans gameserver account. I was setting up one of our servers from gameservers.com and I got the notice that our server is apparently cracked... So I was hoping to use this server for Pam4 Comp but I am not %100 percent about removing "cracked binaries". Was just hoping you guys may be able to help me get it fixed? (how do I remove cracked binaries?) I did the /pb_cvarval authservername and did get cod4.master.activision.com , I tried uploading screenshot of it but file was to large. can supply it on request... Or is there a way to crack a server and still have cod4.master.activision.com?

post-140692-1244849707_thumb.png

Edited by YerDoneSon

Or is there a way to crack a server and still have cod4.master.activision.com?

Because yours is cod4.master and not cod4master as shown in the first post, I'd contact you GSP they should be able to fix it, especially so if its been left over from the previous owner/renter if it's a new server.

Hey thanks for the reply but I must have mispelled it in my post if u check the screen shot its cod4master.activision.com but yea I will contact gameservers and see if they can find anything wrong with it...

Edited by YerDoneSon

hey contacted gameservers and the support said that "they dont run cracked servers" and asked me to clarify..... my server IP is: 8.12.22.228:28960; password kickass... was wondering if u could maybe check it out and let me know whats wrong and I'll get it fixed

hey contacted gameservers and the support said that "they dont run cracked servers" and asked me to clarify..... my server IP is: 8.12.22.228:28960; password kickass... was wondering if u could maybe check it out and let me know whats wrong and I'll get it fixed

->PBSV: server cvar [authservername] = [cod4master.activision.com]

Seems fine.

Well thats good news! Do you know why it would be blacklisted when I try to get it streaming?

If you had made your own topic and asked that question right at the start, it would have saved a heck of a lot of time.

There is a world of difference between a server running with "cracked" binaries and a server that has been placed on the PBBans blacklist for one reason or another.

If a server has been placed on the PBBans blacklist by a member of staff, a note has to be added explaining why.

The note added to 8.12.22.228:28960 is;

TA 3862 attempted to add. Server belongs to different clan

I have taken a look at account #3862 and it leads me to -EcS- clan.

It is currently streaming 2 servers, one is -EcS- the other is =FS=

We do not allow clans to stream other clans servers, so I will be sending a query to the team account master of #3862 to clarify the situation.

There are also a few other issues that need to be cleared up (member list is not working / server list not working on the website)

Once this particular issue is cleared up I will be closing this topic and pruning it, so that any queries re cracked servers will be topics made in their own right.