Can you report someone you suspect is hacking?

cod4user

I've been trying to figure out a way I can report people I (highly) suspect are hacking. Some people with 2x or 3x more kills than the next guy with hardly any deaths. Others who, in killcam replays, have very jerky, robot-like aiming. Etc.

I'm sure some of these people are really good, or have some crazy muscle control. But I'm pretty sure lots of them really arn't that skillful. (plus they usually start calling you 'noob' and swearing up a storm as soon as you even suggest they may be cheating)

So, what can I do to report hackers or help PB ban more hackers?

get a server streaming, so we can review logs, and include our checks and balances checks for said game via the MCI.

Otherwise, no.

No streaming logs, no facts, no ban.

We only ban based on streamed logs with fact behind them here. We also only ban GUID's here so do not ask for IP bans either.

Perhaps read our ToS again, or read it for the first time, as the case may be.

Perhaps read our ToS again, or read it for the first time, as the case may be.

I didn't read the ToS because I'm not running a server nor am I running your server-side software.

They could already be on a ban list but if your not streaming you might not know. I would suggest streaming here and to psb or even aon. The more the better.

But I'm not running a server, you see. I'm just a user, wanting to help out somehow because I'm sick of all the cheating.

The bottom line here is that we only ban based on facts. Coming here and saying you know someone is cheating in a game won't help. The purpose to streaming is in fact to collect said-facts and ban with the knowledge the ban is then legit. Otherwise we'd be banning people randomly and for no good reason on a regular basis, and that is not, nor ever will be the way pbbans operates.

does the player in question play on streaming servers ?

if this is the case then you can assist the admin by taking some demos of the guy in question .

if your based in uk you are very welcome to encourage him to visit our servers pm me if this is an option and we can arrange a reception for him .only admins of streaming servers can submit the demo to pbbans in a private section of theese forums .the demo would also be backed up with streaming logs .

But I'm not running a server, you see. I'm just a user, wanting to help out somehow because I'm sick of all the cheating.

You may want to go to the admins of server you are playing on and let them know. Maybe they are streaming to one of the anti-cheat sites like PBBans.

The bottom line here is that we only ban based on facts. Coming here and saying you know someone is cheating in a game won't help. The purpose to streaming is in fact to collect said-facts and ban with the knowledge the ban is then legit. Otherwise we'd be banning people randomly and for no good reason on a regular basis, and that is not, nor ever will be the way pbbans operates.

Uh, I didn't say anyone specifically was cheating.

does the player in question play on streaming servers ?

if this is the case then you can assist the admin by taking some demos of the guy in question .

if your based in uk you are very welcome to encourage him to visit our servers pm me if this is an option and we can arrange a reception for him .only admins of streaming servers can submit the demo to pbbans in a private section of theese forums .the demo would also be backed up with streaming logs .

What's the proper way of making a demo? I think I know how to do it, but if someone could verify, that would be useful.

What exactly are you after?

You started the thread and folks posted comments in response.....all of which were very informative and helpful. I am not sure what you anticipated.

You may want to go to the admins of server you are playing on and let them know. Maybe they are streaming to one of the anti-cheat sites like PBBans.

How do you get in contact with an admin on a server? I've not seen any contact information anywhere. Am I missing something?

What exactly are you after?

You started the thread and folks posted comments in response.....all of which were very informative and helpful. I am not sure what you anticipated.

I figured I've been very clear in what I'm after. What can a user do? That's the basis of my post. What can I do? Anything? Nothing? Just encourage admins to stream? If that's the answer, then fine.

Uhmm...okay.

Let me see if I can help clear it up.

1. You are a CoD4 "player" .... not a server administrator

2. You come to PBBans seeking advice .... which was given

3. You consider the advice not to your liking or understanding

Okay, now that we got that out of the way....here is my helpful bit of information for you as a player. When trolling on the servers and you happen to spot a player that is suspect contact the server admin of the server you are playing on. This is easily done by asking if there are any admins playing or just simply visiting their website and posting on their forums. It is the server admin's responsibility to tend to their own servers. With that said, the reason the suggestion was made for you to suggest the server admin have their servers streaming was simple.....if their server was streaming then PBBans would have their server logs streamed to us......without these logs, we can only offer advice.

Any server out there usually has a website you can join aka there clan,,,look for 1 of there clan members and ask if theyre an admin OR join there website and get to know the players and admins...from there tell them who you may suspect is cheating...as far as helping here as a player,,to be honest you can read up on things and even look at the master ban list for the game your playing and see if any of the "suspects" are already on the list then again contact that servers clan and inform them..... besides that , unless you stream a server directly here so PBBans can see proof in log info there isnt much you can do...These people base all info on facts from logs{streaming logs},demos and ss's all from streaming servers..again,,i gotta stress the streaming logs part,,w\out them even pbbans wont place a ban ,,, not enough conclusive proof

Lol,,sry Bob.. you posted 5 seconds earlier..didnt mean to post over your info.

Edited by Tim

Well it's pretty crappy that they would make a game where users can't do anything to stop cheating. No wonder there is so much cheating going on.

Perhaps I shouldn't have expected so much from some console port. Oh well.

Thanks to all who gave advice and were friendly about it.

select a server from the list example below

Server="GS2 Prot" 118.127.0.200:28931 "" ""

Server="GS2 Prot" 118.127.0.200:28970 "" ""

Server="GS2 Prot" 118.127.0.200:28930 "" ""

fire up your cod4 multyplayer exe open your console and type connect(space)ip and port 118.127.0.200:28931 hit the enter key and you should load up for the server you selected