help im banned

dar

For some reason when i try to log into brisbanes sof2 it tells me punkbuster has banned my ip adress from that serve i can still play other servers i dont hack or cheat si can someone tell me how i could be bannned

Thank you im Dar in game and havnt offended anyone

For some reason when i try to log into brisbanes sof2 it tells me punkbuster has banned my ip adress from that serve i can still play other servers i dont hack or cheat si can someone tell me how i could be bannned

Thank you im Dar in game and havnt offended anyone

If its an IP related ban then it's a locally applied ban that can only be removed by the server admin.

You will need to contact him via his clan forums or e-mail and ask for a removal.

I also have a "help I'm banned" question, albeit of a slightly different nature:

If someone is "name-spoofed" in BF2142, then their name can end up on PB Bans, even though they themselves have never cheated, and have a clean GUID (this is what happened to me in fact).

Such players may continue to play BF2142 unaffected, however, if they were unfortunate enough to register at the PB Bans forum here using their normal soldier name, then they will find that they are unable to connect to IRC, as their name will be auto-banned.

This seems on the face of it to be an oversight on the part of the staff who have set up the IRC channel, although I believe understand and respect the spirit in which the rule was set up ...i.e. to keep cheats off the IRC channel.

I just wondered if something could be done to allow fair players to use IRC under their soldier names if they have been unfortunate enough to be the victims of in-game name-spoofing?

Best wishes,

Forces(UK) <-- wishes he could use your IRC channel under that name

Edited by Forces(UK)