New Server Not Streaming

SCE_Dalmantus

Hi Staff

I was just activated earlier today.I setup the hub exactly as it is stated,I went throught stream fix.reinstalled several times .I installed pbsv.cfg file from your site and still no go.Server machine running vista 32,If run the command prompt I can ping websites ,punksbusted and so forth.but when I ping rep.pbbans.com i get a timeout session and none of the packets are returned.I have done this from 2 other locations one close to me and the other from new zealand .So i don't think it is from my end but don't know for sure.I am not sure that helps youor not but could you let me know the next step

in trying to get my server to stream.Not sure how long it takes to start to stream but I know with punksbusted it takes about 24 hrs.

Thank you for your time.

SCE_Dalmantus aka Holger

Edited by SCE_Dalmantus

You are welcome to get in touch with any PBBans staff via IRC http://www.pbbans.com/irc/index.php or myself via msn to try and sort it out :)

@(*0*)@

Hi there thanks

I just seen that the ip has changed on the server old ip:207.6.241.183 , the new ip is now 207.6.246.144

Sorry about the confusion but I stumble across your TOS and that you don't offer streaming to personal servers .

wich is kind of downer.I see there is 2 cheats caught in Vegas 2 .One of them was on my server the other night.

I have a suggestion.I would reconmend putting your TOS in the application area where you would have to agree before you can continue with the application.I only stumble accross it when I was searching around to a resolution

to the no streaming problem.So you probably would have to remove the server stuff anyways.I would like to stream it but it doesn't look like you allow it.Sorry for alll the trouble.I will be changing my ISp soon and will be getting a static Ip anyways.But thanks for all your time.Sorry to waste your time.

Hi Staff

I was just activated earlier today.I setup the hub exactly as it is stated,I went throught stream fix.reinstalled several times .I installed pbsv.cfg file from your site and still no go.Server machine running vista 32,If run the command prompt I can ping websites ,punksbusted and so forth.but when I ping rep.pbbans.com i get a timeout session and none of the packets are returned.I have done this from 2 other locations one close to me and the other from new zealand .So i don't think it is from my end but don't know for sure.I am not sure that helps youor not but could you let me know the next step

in trying to get my server to stream.Not sure how long it takes to start to stream but I know with punksbusted it takes about 24 hrs.

Thank you for your time.

SCE_Dalmantus aka Holger

Forget the rep for PBBans, we have moved to a high tech method of streaming that is completely "live"/as it happens.

Read all about it here;

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=starterguide

After you read that, all it takes is a few rcon commands and your streaming, instantly.

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=hubguide#rcon

Forget the rep for PBBans, we have moved to a high tech method of streaming that is completely "live"/as it happens.

Read all about it here;

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=starterguide

After you read that, all it takes is a few rcon commands and your streaming, instantly.

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=hubguide#rcon

Ok that is all good to go. So I can add another server in management with the new ip and and if you could approve it then we are all good

I have tried everything under the troubleshooting guide.I still can't get my server to stream.

If you have any other suggestions I am open I am at work at the moment but will deal with this tonight.

Thanks in advance

You should only need to send the 7 rcon commands in the link Fozzer provided. If you are still experiencing problems, join our IRC channel (if you don't have an IRC client, just click here) and a staff member will assist you.

Curious. Is this server being streamed from your home internet connection?

yes it is a home internet connection I don't see what that has to with anything.

PBBans do not allow home servers to stream (read the Terms of Service).

Yeah I found that after I joined and I also mention that to fozzi wich he seem not bothered by it.

Doesn't matter to me Just remove the streaming account then and I will keep my regular account.I can understand why .I run a good respectable server and I hate cheaters and any way I contribute to stop from playing anywhere

the better.I had one a couple of nights ago but didn't know he was banned to till I saw the vegas2 ban list when I signed up for your streaming.Now I ask you is that fair that he still keeps playing and I not being any wiser until I catch him acually cheating.while I have no acces to anything to find out if he has been caught or not unless I have a streaming server and access to this info.

Doesn't make sense to me when we all have the same goal and that is to stop cheaters!!!!

SCE_Dalmantus aka Holger

Thank you for your time .

Edited by SCE_Dalmantus

I also mention that to fozzi wich he seem not bothered by it.

If you did mention it, I did not pick up on it, otherwise I would have pasted this into your original team account application.

PBBans Terms of Service Agreement (As of February 3, 2007)

1. Terms & Definitions

1.1 Game Server - A game server shall be defined as a network server running a program that acts as a hub for clients to connect to for the purpose of interaction. For the purposes of clarification, PBBans will only allow streaming from dedicated servers and not from LAN or personal computers.

Sorry about that.

If you did mention it, I did not pick up on it, otherwise I would have pasted this into your original team account application.

Sorry about that.

No worries mate

Just look at my first posting in this section

Does'nt matter anyways

chow.

There are reasonably priced gameservers out there for rent. Gamservers.com, MyInternetServices, and numerous others out there. Click the bar in my sig relating to COD4 servers and it will take you to the latter, and you can see what a server for your game rents for by the month. To be honest with you, you'll actually be happier in the long run by playing on a rented server as compared to a home-server. You might personally ping well to it with it being right beside you, but the average person's internet connection can't handle the required bandwidth needs to make a proper online gaming server, and your fellow players will suffer as a result. Added to which, being on a rented service will make your server more visible on the master server list, and perhaps gain you more popularity as well. I notice you're from BC, so you're probably using Telus or SHAW, as they'd be the two major players out there. Neither would be sufficient in regards to regular traffic and their bandwidth limitations. If you run a clan, you can always ask your members to help with the rental fees via a paypal donation link on your website, etc. Incidently, I'm currently paying about 24 bucks a month to have a 10-slot TeamSpeak server up alongside my 16 slot COD4 server, so that's a pretty reasonable price. Most of us spend that in a month on various frivolous things without even thinking about it.

Do some googling for gameserver hosts and see what you come up with that suits you best. Run some ping-tests from the cmd box on your computer. (click start/run type in cmd, and then ping (IP address here) and hit enter. Add about 5-7 pts for a realistic in-game ping-time, or even log into some of their test IP's that are usually listed on each gameserver's site. Being from the west end of the country, you'll likely want to source out a host that has a data center located in Seattle or at the very least, somewhere on the west coast. Once you're on a rented server, definitely feel free to post back and we'll be more than happy to get you up and streaming with live protection. :)

There are reasonably priced gameservers out there for rent. Gamservers.com, MyInternetServices, and numerous others out there. Click the bar in my sig relating to COD4 servers and it will take you to the latter, and you can see what a server for your game rents for by the month. To be honest with you, you'll actually be happier in the long run by playing on a rented server as compared to a home-server. You might personally ping well to it with it being right beside you, but the average person's internet connection can't handle the required bandwidth needs to make a proper online gaming server, and your fellow players will suffer as a result. Added to which, being on a rented service will make your server more visible on the master server list, and perhaps gain you more popularity as well. I notice you're from BC, so you're probably using Telus or SHAW, as they'd be the two major players out there. Neither would be sufficient in regards to regular traffic and their bandwidth limitations. If you run a clan, you can always ask your members to help with the rental fees via a paypal donation link on your website, etc. Incidently, I'm currently paying about 24 bucks a month to have a 10-slot TeamSpeak server up alongside my 16 slot COD4 server, so that's a pretty reasonable price. Most of us spend that in a month on various frivolous things without even thinking about it.

Do some googling for gameserver hosts and see what you come up with that suits you best. Run some ping-tests from the cmd box on your computer. (click start/run type in cmd, and then ping (IP address here) and hit enter. Add about 5-7 pts for a realistic in-game ping-time, or even log into some of their test IP's that are usually listed on each gameserver's site. Being from the west end of the country, you'll likely want to source out a host that has a data center located in Seattle or at the very least, somewhere on the west coast. Once you're on a rented server, definitely feel free to post back and we'll be more than happy to get you up and streaming with live protection. :)

Thanks for the info