Anomaly in violation #132044 ?

CrazyMilk

Hi Pbbans, thanks for your support.

I am writing to you as I was just flagged with violation #132044 on an [iSI] BF2 server (http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=71818)

Please let me say that I have played hours over hours on this server and enjoy it very much. I've been playing BF2 for 2-3 years now and I never cheated, never tested a cheat and never will. I despise cheaters I am guessing this was some kind of mistake.

While trying to figure out what is violation #132044, I went through the last 3 pages in PBBans logs - looking for this specific violation.

I found that only *few servers* continuously reporting this:

[iSI] server: 3 times (23% of total cases!)

=HOG= server: 3 times (23% of total cases!)

[FUB] server: 2 times

*ATG* server: 2 times

Which tells me this is probably a problem on the server side - and not a real hack? If it was a real hack - wouldn't you see it all servers, not just a few of them? Can this be that one of the admins on [iSI] intentionally reported this? or perhaps a bug on those specific servers?

I already appealed to Even Balance - but I am afraid this can take a very long time. In the meantime I can't play on any server :( . Is there any way PBBans can lift this Ban until resolved with Even Balance?

Here is the raw data from PBbans for violation #132044 (http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php):

Date Server GUID

May 31, 2008 [FUB] 2387375fff0b3847880cbb4c5f6f50df

May 27, 2008 *ATG* f6fb7121e7e0d570361a57e2e7b7b6f2

May 27, 2008 =HOG= a4afb1dcd77eef347368b66a61e28b78

May 26, 2008 [iSI] 82792bbe9a014819a66e450fcb06e731 (that's me)

May 15, 2008 M*A*D 661bc2f1588e35ffd8e003445a269145

May 13, 2008 =HOG= 1523275b44a154af37e5b35e0801d8d1

May 08, 2008 [iSI] f7bdd62dcb95474c656d974d1aafd679

May 05, 2008 *ATG* 0ff96b190f740b65db229109f59bbf8b

May 03, 2008 ]HH[ a193b92f8f55cf9f6b80df6ad0f6c76b

May 02, 2008 [iSI] 237be70a19bf24ea9799409f1c0f356d

Apr 26, 2008 [NcW] bac6531a9699ada8f3b6f8c6477d738c

Apr 22, 2008 [FUB] 61f9cb3ad3af4ed0d21e3194d2a91b7c

Apr 18, 2008 =HOG= 74671608f8e71bf0251f0944f06aff26

Thanks for your help!

Your ban is under appeal, and we can take no action until EvenBalance respond to your ticket. Appropriate action will be taken once a response is received from them.

Thanks Blackwolf, I appreciate the quick reply.

Is there anything PBbans can do to see if there's something to what I wrote? I mean, if there are few servers only who generate this - perhaps it's something that triggers false positive?

Do you know how long does it take for an appeal to go through with EvenBalance? I saw some people waiting a week plus. In the meantime I can't play on any server :( Considering the circumstances, is there anything PBBans can do to help? You can ask the BF2 players on [iSI], and the other few servers that I frequently attend: I'm sure many of them will remember who I am - and will probably attest I never cheated (I was never accused of it, at least as far as I know).

Thanks again!

moved to correct forum section.

The 132044 violation is a full blown PB software detection, no anomaly is present within the servers you have posted up on Bro, in fact that particular violation has been raised on 15 different servers and first appeared on March 28, so its relatively new.

PBBans policy is to remove players who flag up a bannable violation asap from PBBans.com protected servers and the only way forward from there on in, is to raise a trouble ticket with EvenBalance.

I would agree that the 13xxxx series of violations is more susceptible than most to "false positives" because that particular violation # normally indicates direct interference with the running of PB software or its components and that can be caused by a lot of different things.

Thats why its important that you list what software you have running when you game / antivirus/ chat programmes etc etc in your ticket.

Try to be thourough and please be patient :)

Another primary streaming anti cheat site stopped issuing bans for the 13xxxx series of violations but have just issued a statement that they will start issuing bans for 132xxx violations as and when they crop up, which is the case here.

The PBBans policy is to add any pbguid that flags up a bannable violation as per this list;

#50000s - Aimbot

#60000s - Wallhack

#70000s - Multihack

#80000s - Gamehack

#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers

#100000s - Speedhack

#110000s - Autofire

#120000s - Game Hook

#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

If EvenBalance want us to stop issuing bans for any of the above violations then they will have to remove the violation from their list as posted on their website;

http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/bf....htm#violations

All I can add to that is best of luck with your troubleticket and if there is a successful outcome then full forum access will be restored.

Thanks Fozzer for the assistance and tips, I just submitted a note on EvenBalance with the list of Apps that I typically have running while playing BF2.

*sigh* I appreciate the process and all but still very frustrated with being treated guilty until proven otherwise... this little incident feels like a mini case of someone who went to jail only to be released not guilty few years after... This game is really my hobby and I simply enjoy playing with folks online - I guess I'll just have to keep killing computer dudes in single user mode until this is resolved :)

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just cleared by EB:

"This violation appears to have been triggered in error. It is our recommendation that the ban issued for this violation on this GUID be removed. We apologize for the inconvenience."

What's next?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks Fozzer for the assistance and tips, I just submitted a note on EvenBalance with the list of Apps that I typically have running while playing BF2.

*sigh* I appreciate the process and all but still very frustrated with being treated guilty until proven otherwise... this little incident feels like a mini case of someone who went to jail only to be released not guilty few years after... This game is really my hobby and I simply enjoy playing with folks online - I guess I'll just have to keep killing computer dudes in single user mode until this is resolved :)

Thanks again!

You were not "in jail" as such :P it was more like a piece of incriminating evidence was found on a routine search and you were released on bail while test's were done.

The test results came back as harmless and you have now been completely exonerated with no case to answer.

The system does work albeit a bit slowly for anyones liking, but when you think of the amount of mail / troubletickets etc etc that evenbalance receive on a daily basis, your Troubleticket was responded to at supersonic speed :D