Streaming Server, Player Using an Aimbot

xX_Renegade_Xx

I made a post yesterday regarding a server that I thought was not streaming, according to Rodeobob the server is streaming so I added it to my favs again, post is here:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59831

However, I joined the server today and low and behold a player using an aimbot/name changing tool was also playing there, he/she was able to change their name to anybody's on the server, this I have seen before but the console was not active client-side so I was not able to get a proper recording except via Fraps which I know you don't accept, this time I spectated the player and recorded him/her via the console commands, you can download the file here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/Renegade2025/

This is a blatant aimbot on a streaming server. These people spoil mine and other players fun and we have to spend valuable playing time recording these people so we get a better game next time we play, hopefully you can remove this player and put him/her where they belong :)

Contact the server admin via forum pm;

conno

he may need to update his md5 / cvar checks.

If the demo is an ingame demo you can also pass it to the server admin and he can submit it for addition to the MBI.

Contact the server admin via forum pm;

conno

he may need to update his md5 / cvar checks.

If the demo is an ingame demo you can also pass it to the server admin and he can submit it for addition to the MBI.

Thanks, done :)

FYI, if you you don't know:

For those server you cant use the console, here is a little recording script you can add to your config, best is to make an autoexec.cfg and save it in the main folder:

seta demo1 "record; 	set nextdemo vstr demo2"
seta demo2 "stoprecord; set nextdemo vstr demo1"
seta nextdemo "vstr demo1"
bind x "vstr nextdemo"

Change the x to the button of your likings.

This way you cant toggle a recording on/off and will save the same way as you where using /record, /stoprecord in the console

Thanks very much, one question though, if the server console is not client-side would it still work the same, the reason I ask is, whenever I've tried to record without client-side it just appears as normal speech on the server?

Thanks very much, one question though, if the server console is not client-side would it still work the same, the reason I ask is, whenever I've tried to record without client-side it just appears as normal speech on the server?

appears as normal speech on the server?

Not sure what you are talking about now buddy :)

The script will work either way, if that is what you are asking for.

Sorry, should have explained it a little better ;)

What I mean is, if you open the console on a server with client-side console enabled and type the record command it records no problem, however, if you open the console on a server with client-side console disabled it appears as normal text as though you had not opened the console at all but typed a message to everyone on the server.

Edit:

You've answered my question with the last bit, thanks, will use that from now on :)

Edited by xX_Renegade_Xx

Yea i think I got you now, i do think that is a server set cvar setting everything you try to type in the console to be chat text instead of execute client cvars side in the console ingame. I cant remember the exact server cvar for it, not that it matter really. This is to prevent cheats etc being enabled, think this was an option in CoD2 as well. (Firestorm and others fill me in)

this could also help...

PB_SV_ChangePeriod [1-999]

This setting works in combination with pb_sv_changemax. It defines a period of time (in seconds) during which a player may do up to pb_sv_changemax name changes. Default is 999 which means disabled.

PB_SV_ChangeMax [1-50]

This setting works in combination with pb_sv_changeperiod. This setting defines how many name changes can be done over a specified period of seconds (pb_sv_changeperoid). If the player does more name changes during this period the player will be kicked.

PB_SV_DupNameGrace [seconds]

Set to the number of seconds (default is 0 which means duplicate name kicking is disabled) of grace period a player should be granted to change names before being kicked for having the same (duplicate) name as another player (first come first served) on the ser