hack codes

*PFA*Grampa

hi

just interested to find out what each hack code means, mdstool, cvar9001 and aimbot50120 or whatever they are

i see them coming up but they mean nothing to me

can anyone break them down for me?

thanks

hi

just interested to find out what each hack code means, mdstool, cvar9001 and aimbot50120 or whatever they are

i see them coming up but they mean nothing to me

can anyone break them down for me?

thanks

MD5Tool

Starting in January of 2004, PunkBuster Server Admins have the option of using the new PB MD5Tool facility to check the digital signatures of files and/or portions of files in each player's game directory and child subdirectories during gameplay. This is useful, for example in Quake3 based games, to check for modified, replaced or additional pk3 files for cheats and/or exploits that have to this point not been detectable by PunkBuster. In Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield, this facility can be used to check for modified or missing ambient sound files, etc.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=md5tool.php

Cvar: those are players modified settings. They can contain hack-related settings (like xx_aim for example). If found from PunkBuster, it will raise a CVAR 9001 Violation.

Aimbot: aimbot is what it says on the tin, a program that allows you to automatically aim :)

Cheat/Hack Violations:

When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. Families of cheats are listed below. Resolution: Remove cheats and hacks from the computer.

#50000s - Aimbot

#60000s - Wallhack

#70000s - Multihack

#80000s - Gamehack

#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers

#100000s - Speedhack

#110000s - Autofire

#120000s - Game Hook

#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

you will not find information on the exact violation number (except md5 which is 9002 and cvar 9001) or what caused it. This is held by evenbalance and they will not share the information either. but like ace posted: you can see what supposedly caused the violation

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

After playing COD4 for about 8 months I've suddenly started (last night) getting kicked by PB for 0 minutes with the message: Corrupted File/Memeory [81353]

I've not downloaded any hacks or mods other than the 1.7 patch and that was quite a while ago, I updated my PB last night but still get kicked after about 2 minutes into each game.

I'm playing on Vista so I dont want to uninstall and reinstall the game and lose the rank and perks.

Any help would be extremely helpful.

You can take the Players folder out of the activision directory and save it somewhere. Then you can reinstall and put the saved players folder back in and will not loose any rank and perks.