Lost in game scrolling messages and rules on CoD4 Server.

CAPTAINMSKII

Hello,

I tried to get help at CoDHq.com and they have sent me here thinking something was conflicting in one of the PB files.

I have included all my posts that are in their forums so hopefully someone here can help me out.

Basically,

I changed my map rotation, Server Name and Set Hard Core and now my ingame Pb-task messages don't scrolling in game.

I have tried everything I could think of even reloading the stuff back to the way it was and still no messages.

I thought maybe the Hard Core setting did it but I set everything back to the way it was before I changed and still no messages.

This is what is in the "svrmsgs.cfg" file.

//^1MALICIOUS MAFIA COD4 SERVER CODES AND MESSAGES.

//3-2-08

pb_sv_taskempty

pb_sv_TaskDel 1

pb_sv_TaskDel 2

pb_sv_TaskDel 3

pb_sv_TaskDel 4

pb_sv_TaskDel 5

pb_sv_TaskDel 6

pb_sv_TaskDel 7

pb_sv_TaskDel 8

pb_sv_TaskDel 9

pb_sv_TaskDel 10

pb_sv_TaskDel 11

pb_sv_TaskDel 12

// Task setup for PunkBuster

// where <color> =

// ^1 for Red

// ^2 for Green

// ^3 for Yellow

// ^4 for Blue

// ^5 for Cyan

// ^6 for pink/Magenta

// ^7 for White

// ^8 for Black

//

// where <message> = the text you want to scroll

//

// eg. pb_sv_task 10 340 "say <color><message1>"

pb_sv_task 10 340 "say ^1WELCOME TO THE MALICIOUS MAFIA =M==M= GameTracker Server

pb_sv_task 40 340 "say ^1WE ARE ALWAYS RECRUITING MATURE DEDICATED PLAYERS

pb_sv_task 70 340 "say ^1VISIT US AT ----- www.MALICIOUSMAFIA.com

pb_sv_task 100 340 "say ^1We are CNOP Approved! Please goto www.maliciousmafia.com and VOTE for us!

pb_sv_task 130 340 "say ^1Join us on VENTRILO IP: 208.100.45.10:3907 P/W: MAFIA

pb_sv_task 160 340 "say ^1CHECK OUT OUR OTHER SERVERS AT: (BF2-Veh) 208.100.45.156 ** (BF2-I/O) 208.100.45.40

pb_sv_task 190 340 "say ^2RULE 1: NO BUNNY HOPPING...

pb_sv_task 220 340 "say ^2RULE 2: NO MARTYDOM OR LAST STAND...

pb_sv_task 250 340 "say ^2RULE 3: DO NOT Force TEAMKILLS...

pb_sv_task 280 340 "say ^2RULE 4: RESPECT EVERYONE...

pb_sv_task 310 340 "say ^2RULE 5: NO CHEATING (Glitching/Hacking)...

//pb_sv_task 340 340 "say messages goes here

I had no issues until I made the changes and even tried going back but still doesn't work. I also restarted the server and I believe Punkbuster but and not 100% sure on restarting PunkBuster I did it through COD4CC.

Another thought though, it may have also happened when I installed COD4CC but not sure.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

CAPTAINMSKII

You can remove the "TaskDel"s

Add the "end quotes" on your messages.

pb_sv_task 10 340 "say ^1WELCOME TO THE MALICIOUS MAFIA =M==M= GameTracker Server"

pb_sv_task 40 340 "say ^1WE ARE ALWAYS RECRUITING MATURE DEDICATED PLAYERS"

pb_sv_task 70 340 "say ^1VISIT US AT ----- www.MALICIOUSMAFIA.com"

And make sure that you have pb_sv_load svrmsgs.cfg in your pbsv.cfg

Edited by =GG= RocknRoll

The thing is it worked before just fine I didn't change anything in this file. The messages just don't scroll.

I will try what you suggest though.

Changes, New file now.

//^1MALICIOUS MAFIA COD4 SERVER CODES AND MESSAGES.

//3-2-08

pb_sv_taskempty

//pb_sv_TaskDel 1

//pb_sv_TaskDel 2

//pb_sv_TaskDel 3

//pb_sv_TaskDel 4

//pb_sv_TaskDel 5

//pb_sv_TaskDel 6

//pb_sv_TaskDel 7

//pb_sv_TaskDel 8

//pb_sv_TaskDel 9

//pb_sv_TaskDel 10

//pb_sv_TaskDel 11

//pb_sv_TaskDel 12

// Task setup for PunkBuster

// where <color> =

// ^1 for Red

// ^2 for Green

// ^3 for Yellow

// ^4 for Blue

// ^5 for Cyan

// ^6 for pink/Magenta

// ^7 for White

// ^8 for Black

//

// where <message> = the text you want to scroll

//

// eg. pb_sv_task 10 340 "say <color><message1>"

pb_sv_task 10 340 "say ^1WELCOME TO THE MALICIOUS MAFIA =M==M= GameTracker Server"

pb_sv_task 40 340 "say ^1WE ARE ALWAYS RECRUITING MATURE DEDICATED PLAYERS"

pb_sv_task 70 340 "say ^1VISIT US AT ----- www.MALICIOUSMAFIA.com"

pb_sv_task 100 340 "say ^1We are CNOP Approved! Please goto www.maliciousmafia.com and VOTE for us!"

pb_sv_task 130 340 "say ^1Join us on VENTRILO IP: 208.100.45.10:3907 P/W: MAFIA"

pb_sv_task 160 340 "say ^1CHECK OUT OUR OTHER SERVERS AT: (BF2-Veh) 208.100.45.156 ** (BF2-I/O) 208.100.45.40"

pb_sv_task 190 340 "say ^2RULE 1: NO BUNNY HOPPING..."

pb_sv_task 220 340 "say ^2RULE 2: NO MARTYDOM OR LAST STAND..."

pb_sv_task 250 340 "say ^2RULE 3: DO NOT Force TEAMKILLS..."

pb_sv_task 280 340 "say ^2RULE 4: RESPECT EVERYONE..."

pb_sv_task 310 340 "say ^2RULE 5: NO CHEATING (Glitching/Hacking)..."

//pb_sv_task 340 340 "say messages goes here"

Still doesn't work. Any other idea's?

I appreciate the help.

Edited by CAPTAINMSKII

Recommend running a pb_sv_tlist. This will give a list of tasks. If this list is empty, the tasks are not loaded initially or there is a pb_sv_taskempty somewhere else.

You can also review the PB Logs to see if the tasks are loaded. In the PB Log search for "PB Task List has been Emptied" (without the quotes). This should be seen first, then the scheduled tasks. If you see "PB Task List has been Emptied" listed after the tasks are loaded then there is probably another pb_sv_taskempty command.

I am running everything inside the pbsvuser.cfg I don't use an extra file and it stays cleaner that way as well...

Is it possible for you to show me an example. I am sorry guys I am new to the Rcon thing. I mainly run BF2 Servers through BF2CC.

I am learning the rcon thing and have done OK so far. The messages were scrolling just fine before the changes to the server were made and/or I got the lastest COD4CC software.

NOTE: Just looked I don't have a pbsvuser.cfg file.

Edited by CAPTAINMSKII

Recommend running a pb_sv_tlist. This will give a list of tasks. If this list is empty, the tasks are not loaded initially or there is a pb_sv_taskempty somewhere else.

You can also review the PB Logs to see if the tasks are loaded. In the PB Log search for "PB Task List has been Emptied" (without the quotes). This should be seen first, then the scheduled tasks. If you see "PB Task List has been Emptied" listed after the tasks are loaded then there is probably another pb_sv_taskempty command.

Would I log into the in-game Rcon and type the pb_sv_tlist command there?

If so would it be /rcon pb_sv_tlist

Also what is the command to restart PB?

I will also search the other files for the task empty command. Anyone's you think I should look in first?

Thanks

Would I log into the in-game Rcon and type the pb_sv_tlist command there?

If so would it be /rcon pb_sv_tlist

Correct.

Also what is the command to restart PB?

The command would be: /rcon pb_sv_restart.

I will also search the other files for the task empty command. Anyone's you think I should look in first?

I would start with the pbsv.cfg and pbsvuser.cfg files. Look for pb_sv_load. Look at what ever filenames are listed behind that command (there could be multiple lines with that command). Work through each entry you find.

OK I restarted PB and still no go.

I do get a message at the bottom of the screen when I join the server. Not sure if it's normal.

Message states:

"PunkBuster Client: Warning: PB Kicks for Non-Standard Characters and all PB Restrictions on this server"

I also ran the task list command and it displayed the following messages.

"PunkBuster Server: PB Scheduled Task List: [slot #] [First] [Every] [Command]"

and

"PunkBuster Server: End of PB Task List (0 Tasks)

Hope that info helps. I will now start searching files for the other task empty command.

However I don't have the pbsvuser.cfg file.

My suggestion is that you run MD5/Cvar scans from the pbsvuser.cfg file, run a seperate pbsv.cfg file for your basic pb-related commands.Both available from our MCi and run your srvrmsgs.cfg as a seperate cfg file as well.

It may seem like this is untidy, but when it comes to searching out duplicate commands/entries, it makes it a lot easier to do so, as you can open them all and compare them side by side, line by line, should it need to be done.

Likely, the second task empty command is in your pbsv.cfg file if you combined the MD5/Cvar scans into it.

Have you checked your PB logs? The log(s) should show if the order of the commands.

Below are excerpts from my PB Log.

EX:

Near the beginning of the log shows the pb_sv_taskempty.

[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Task List has been Emptied

A little farther down the list.

[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 10 310 say ^4WELCOME TO ^2[^1I^3H^5S^2] ^4COD4 SERVER
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 85 310 say ^5PLEASE MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 85 310 say ^5BE KIND, RESPECT OTHERS
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 85 310 say ^1NO CHEATS, HACKS, ETC
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 160 310 say ^1STREAMING LIVE TO PBBANS
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 160 310 say ^1STREAMING LIVE TO AON
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 160 310 say ^1STREAMING LIVE TO PUNKSBUSTED
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 190 310 say ^5PlEASE NO SWEARING OR RACIAL REMARKS
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 190 310 say ^5UTILIZING AON CALM SYSTEM
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 235 310 say ^5HAVE FUN. COME BACK SOON!
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 5 60 pb_sv_GuidRelax 0
[08.22.2008 18:32:00] PB Scheduled Task Added: 30 620 say ^2[^1PBBans^2] ^6Server: Visit www.pbbans.com for more info.

Look in the logs for 'PB Task List has been Emptied', 'PB Scheduled Task Added' and continue looking down the log for another 'PB Task List has been Emptied' (which you should not see if all is well). If you do not see any 'PB Scheduled Task Added' listings, then it must not be reading in the file lines from the config file or missing the config file completely (if you display task are in a separate file).

Well I couldn't find anything anywhere so I reinstalled the server. But after I reinstalled it I realized what happened.

Lucky for me BranZone kept a backup and reinstalled everything for me.

The main problem that was causing the messages not to scroll was.

Since my messages were in the "svrmsgs.cfg" file there wasn't a command in the "pbsv.cfg" to run them.

So I added "pb_sv_load svrmsgs.cfg" to the "pbsv.cfg" file and all is good now.

Thank you everyone for your help. I appreciate everything and your time.

Edited by CAPTAINMSKII

Since my messages were in the "svrmsgs.cfg" file there wasn't a command in the "pbsv.cfg" to run them.

So I added "pb_sv_load svrmsgs.cfg" to the "pbsv.cfg" file and all is good now.

Told ya. :P

And make sure that you have pb_sv_load svrmsgs.cfg in your pbsv.cfg