Black PBSS on Vista

Blu3W

Hey guys, i just got myself a new computer the other day and i was just going though the PBSS that was taken dueing a couple of our matches when i found out mine was black.

I remember it being something with in the NVIDIA Control panel but i cant remember want Anti Aliaising it was that had to be changed.

Can someone post a ss of what the settings should be please, or just tell me what they are. By the way im running a 8600GT graphics card.

Thanks for any help

Blu3W

Click on the Nvidia systray icon, Performance & quality settings > Antialiasing settings. From there you can adjust with a preview or manage AA settings manually for each game. You can also get to it (if no systray icon) from the control panel, Nvidia Control Panel. I wouldn't be surprised if turning it off doesn't fix it.

Turn all AA settings off / none

rofl... I have two separate computers with nvidia 8600gt (ones a lappy with the mobile version and one is a desktop) both of them return black ss... maybe its just that card :) let me know if it fixes your issue

My 8800GT OC2 constantly returns black shots, and some even come back as failed capture. Latest drivers, AA off, etc. Some driver revisions in the past returned clean shots, and then a new update would cause black/fail, next would be clean, etc. More of a driver issue than anything.

As far as I know there are indeed certain Graphics cards that produce black screenshots.. I've got a Geforce 8800GTX with the newest drivers, and I have black screenshots aswell..

I guess there's not much to do until Nvidia changes the drivers or the way they work somehow..

• 1 month later...

Fresh install of Vista, and a newer 9800GTX+ SC card, same result. Not limited to the 8-series, btw. I always install the latest drivers, rather than what came on the CD with the card after a format. CD's with vid-cards are a waste of space in the box they come in, imo. Usually out-dated before it ships, let alone when you buy it.