GameHacks Developers

littleman

Hi.

Before a few days I was playing in BF2142, when someone with Bianchi was killing us with almost 100% accuracy even if he was on the move. I record the game and uploaded at youtube a video. You can see that at:

*edit*

Hm.. Ok. Sorry for the post...

But... If it is old news for you.... Well.. The guy was aimboting at our modern times!

What this means?.. That if you know that news for long time, and this guy is still aimboting and hacking then all PB-based systems are just a failure. Sorry for saying this, but it's reality.... :/

Mate, with all respect, with an attitude like yours. How do you expect to combat cheaters? Your not even streaming to PBBans. are you? What other AC sites do you stream too? What do you know about AC sites/services that they offer and how they work?

If you don't even stream your servers to anti-cheat organisations. How do you expect to have a clean server?

Ask to set your server up to stream. Otherwise I see no point why you've posted it here... What do you want PBBans to do for you if you don't even believe in our system?

Hm.. Ok. Sorry for the post...

But... If it is old news for you.... Well.. The guy was aimboting at our modern times!

What this means?.. That if you know that news for long time, and this guy is still aimboting and hacking then all PB-based systems are just a failure. Sorry for saying this, but it's reality.... :/

I'm not going to quote figures at you, although I could and they'd be quite impressive. Now ask yourself this.. are all these Streaming servers wrong? Although sometimes we all get frustrated with players slipping through the net the only real answer is to keep plugging away and to work with organisations who are trying to help keep hackers off your servers.

Do you have a server? If yes I suggest as MHS said above me, that you request to be set up streaming. If not, then affiliate yourself with a clan who's set up to stream. Other then that, educate yourself about how things actually work and then make a statement based on actual experience, not pre-conceived ideas.

Goodmorning... Sorry for my attitude.. But its the attitude of a person that doesn't have the time to mesh with all this system of anti-cheating.. I am just a player, that bought some games and in all those games he have the same problem.

I don't have server, and I like to play on different servers (not just my clan's one, which is small and usually empty!), depending the ping that they have each time, their stage, and my mood.

In BF2142 i.e., in order to join a server you have to have PB-option on. That for a simple player means that you the server is protected. Now if the admins of the server hasn't done right that procedure of PB-Checks, how can I know that?... Any way to be informed would be appreciated (with a patch or updates of all games).

We only can understand it with "Try-and-error" logic. But again, most games doesn't offer the option of "rejected servers".. I can't ban a server from my list in order not to see it again when I look up for servers. And I can't remember each server I found a cheater in!.. And I can not ruin my fun - when one cheater comes into an un-protected server and mess the game up - by leaving the server.

PB and anti-cheating communites always talk about the side of the server... I am just asking to think most the side of the client. Because a server admin that protect his server is ok. But a player that play to different servers without any preference is by 60% unsafe from cheaters - and such players are more than admins. At least a) force all servers to be protected, or B) add option that shows 100% protected servers to simple players like us, or c) inform any active player admin that has no protected server.

And, I am explaining the phrase ("then all PB-based systems are just a failure").. I meant that doesn't protect simply and globally, under the fact that some admins neither want to set up such systems correct, neither know how - and simple players can't protect themselves from such admins (they havn't any way to know if their server is 100% secure or not).....

Hope at least to understand my point of view... :)

I think you may have us a little confused with EvenBalance - the creators of the PunkBuster software and administrator of the software. Or perhaps think that as an Anti Cheat society we can tell the game developers what to do.

We are PBBans. An Anti Cheat organisation that is there to support server admins of PB enabled games. So we cannot do as you suggest and

At least a) force all servers to be protected, or b ) add option that shows 100% protected servers to simple players like us, or c) inform any active player admin that has no protected server.

What we can and do do is offer server admins the ability to stream their servers using our hub, thereby adding their server to the list of servers that ARE protected as best as anyone can provide by our network of information and our extensive Master Ban index.

Before going to join a server search the IP and port here http://www.pbbans.com/msi.php to check to see if the server you wish to play on is streaming here.

Every server that streams to us MUST have PB enabled so you will find them with as fair a playing field as is possible.

Good luck

@(*0*)@

You only see things from a players standpoint, so any argument on PB is flawed.

PB is still the best anti cheat software by far (try joining a server with no PB and make a comparison)

PBBans uses the tools provided by EvenBalance, to enhance PB and turn it from proficient to leet.

PBBans can also prevent previously convicted cheaters from joining a server.

The one thing we can not do is to force every server to use our services, so you will probably experience cheaters on non streaming servers (including your own clan server)

Cheaters actively search for servers that do not stream to an anti cheat site or have PB disabled.

If you join a server and come across cheaters within it, the best thing you can do is to inform the server admin about the existence of PBBans and hopefully the admin will be proactive enough to do something.

This is the second message I have read this morning where the underlying question is "How do I know, as a player, if a server is streaming before I join it so I know it is better protected?"

I've never checked to see if there is a server browser that shows only servers streaming to here and is a good question. It has gotten to the point where just because the server shows PB is running means very little anymore. Perhaps we need to ask an admin because I have never investigated this myself.

I would go as far as to host a site that lists public servers streaming to here and maybe the others if a developer wants to help me on the coding. I have the bandwidth and space to do it.