PunkBuster coming to Crysis Wars

MaydaX

I dont see why they added PB support for this game since they did not fix the PBUCON bug in the regular game that assists with streaming. It says it on the MSI:

Crysis is not fully supported as there is a bug in PBUCON that prevents streaming when a server is empty. Crytek said this will not be fixed as the next patch has been canceled.

They should fix the first game before coming out with a new one. <_>

I dont see why they added PB support for this game since they did not fix the PBUCON bug in the regular game that assists with streaming. It says it on the MSI:

They should fix the first game before coming out with a new one. <_<

Why should they fix the game?if you're reading to official forums all the lemmings are buying the new one.........

Well I can't tell if streaming in crysis wars works as I can't find the files to run a server.

But from what I see they are using the same PB files as the original but the problem was always in the server and not PB so who knows.

With the DRM protection they used (cracked in one day btw :P ) a number of people are avoiding it. Amazon is down to 1.5 / 5 stars now and most negitive reviews are over the DRM they used.

(cracked in one day btw :P ) a number of people are avoiding it. Amazon is down to 1.5 / 5 stars now and most negitive reviews are over the DRM they used.

Many thanks goes to my friend Co. and to darkc0der

(this guy is amazing, took 15 min to crack it)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm, lets see.

Crytek ;

promised to fix the pbucon issue with a patch (never delivered)

promised to release linux server binaries (never delivered)

Just released a statement out of the blue saying they were not releasing any more patches for Crysis, leaving thier Crysis community high and dry.

EA;

Responsible for the Betafield series of games (enough said)

Hardly confidence inspiring is it :P

Seeing is believing, so far they have not delivered at all.

And with EA lurking in the background I'll give this game 0 out 6 before it have been released, just because of that.

The game devs will for sure frack this up as well, but minus point isn't an option, or is it?

UCON is still broke for it when a server is empty so I guess it was the ol copy / paste for the server department. So anyone adding a server for Crysis Wars will have the same issues as Crysis. It's been almost a year, 2 games later and they still can't get it right

Least some developers know how to properly code PB into a game like Infinity Ward, id software ,etc.

UCON is still broke for it when a server is empty so I guess it was the ol copy / paste for the server department. So anyone adding a server for Crysis Wars will have the same issues as Crysis. It's been almost a year, 2 games later and they still can't get it right

Least some developers know how to properly code PB into a game like Infinity Ward, id software ,etc.

Iam happy that i dont gonna play this game online.

fail.PNG

Familiar tale and not unexpected tbh.

Crytek + EA bring to mind an old saying.

2 wrongs do not make a right

• 2 weeks later...

I played it for a bit, but I don't like the gameplay at all and it runs like crap on my 8800GTS / C2D E6600.

I've been looking at cod5 and that looks far more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...