Server cracked

*HOOT

I cant believe what happened ! :angry:

Dear Fozzer,

belive me when I say that I really didnt know that server was cracked !

The Admin of the Renter Fastmodding.com ( http://www.fastmodding.com/rent/ ) said me have to switch the old server in another machine for maintenance and that the IP changed for this.

So I figured to make a new Streaming record for the new IP.

I'm sorry for that but is not my fault since I hadnt the way to verify that and on my honour I did that in complete good faith.

As you can see in the Game Tracker monitor on our Website ( http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/89.96.224.40:28980/ ) say that the original server with .40 final number is down and the streaming result not active.

I just open a complain to the Renter and wait for answers from whom make that stupid issue.

I pray ya to give me the time to clarify that matter and I hope you dont think I'm so stupid to give ya my GUID , my Website Clan Address and all the other informations meanwhile I crack a stupid server !

Sincerously

Enrico aka HOOT

Edited by n0t4gHOOT

The cracked server issue has been in the ToS since day-1.

Second, the check has been listed in the SGA section for some-time, as well.

Granted, not all would check regularly, I guess.

We're now giving you a grace-period, to fix the issue.

Servers are now checked automatically.

The point is : How is possible that the server was cracked ? I check all the .cfg files on the TCAdmin and seems all is ok , PB files as well .

Nobody has the access at the TCAdmin or the FTP tool so what happened ?

Maybe the new IP got me the Renter was cracked before ? But how ?

If ya want I could send you the whole .cfg files to check issues or mistakes but seems really a strange issue.

Regards

Im not sure where its located actually. If you cant find it I would suggest you contact your host. It sounds like it could be the exe file but again I wouldn't know myself since I haven't tried cracking a server..

It's a modified executable file. Join your server and use the following command:

/pb_cvarval authname

If it returns anything which is not precisely "cod4master.activision.com", it is a cracked server.

• 2 weeks later...

So.....I had a bad response from the old Renter Fastmodding.com , then we decided to change service and now we are running a CoD4 Test server at 195.43.185.164:28970 .

Since I havent the chance to verify that iw3mp.exe is genuine or not , I put anyway this one on my account so you have the chance to check it.

There is any tools or way to know before if the renter made any modify to this file ?

Regards

The above command, as listed, and the feedback it gives, from the game's console function. It's really that simple. I can check it on anyone's server. as can you, on your own. Perhaps re-read this entire thread, in case you missed it, but it's there.

/pb_cvarval authname

Read posts 6 and 8.

Did what you suggested me and I got : Punk Buster Client:SV_CVAR authname=" " <_<

Between the inverted commas there are no matches......... :blink: What means ? Is cracked ? Where I have to set up this value ? <_<

The cracked server issue has been in the ToS since day-1.

As of the time of this post I was unable to find anything in the Terms of Service mentioning cracked servers. The only thing that I was able to find about servers is in section 1.1 which says that a game server must be running on a dedicated server and not from personal computers.

As of the time of this post I was unable to find anything in the Terms of Service mentioning cracked servers. The only thing that I was able to find about servers is in section 1.1 which says that a game server must be running on a dedicated server and not from personal computers.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45536