CoD WaW Server admin help

Camper

Hello :D

Having recently purchased a CoD WaW Server and having a little experience with servers before (CoD UO) I am limited in all aspects of server setup, therefore ANY help would be greatly received.

1- When i log in as Admin, (/rcon login) and I (for eg) try /map_rotate the server rotates the map but changes the server to 'listen server' I am no longer on the 'on-line server' !

2- Is there a command to set my admin status, so that I don't have to log in as admin everytime I join?

3- I have 1 reserved private slot for myself should the server be full. Is there a command to always join the server using the private slot password?

4- Server is set up using stock settings with a few little tweaks. What should Spectate type be set at (currently 0) I would like to be able to spectate my remaining team mates from their perspective.

5- Can individual weapon strength be tweaked?

Kind Regards

1.When you put in your command to change the map, put it in as "/rcon map_rotate" so that it does it on server side

2. You can add the command to your start up config for the mp file of the game, but not exactly sure of the command.

3. I don't think so, but I may be proved wrong :)

4. I believe that you set it to 1 for team spectate

5. Only in mods can the weapons be tweaked without the server becoming unranked.

I have yet to test this with Call of Duty 5 I used to use this with the other Call of Duty games.

In your multilayer shortcut properties add the following in the target line after "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe"

+password password +rcon login password +connect ***.***.***.***:*****

That added line SHOULD connect you to the server entered using the private slot password and have you all ready logged in to rcon in that server.

Edited by R1- FinePoints

Another way to easily login as admin on your server is make a config which contains the commands.

Create a file in the 'main' folder of your CODWW install.

Example: myrcon.cfg

Place the rcon commands in the file.

Example: rcon login RconPassword

While on your server exec the file from within the console.

Example:

/exec myrcon.cfg

This configuration is working for me.

========================================================

I think you can use the same concept to join your server if you have a private slot configured.

Repeat the steps above.

Commands in the file:

password YourPrivateSlotPassword

connect 10.10.0.1 //Your Server IP Address. Add port if not using the default 28960

Exec the file from your console.

Hello :D

Having recently purchased a CoD WaW Server and having a little experience with servers before (CoD UO) I am limited in all aspects of server setup, therefore ANY help would be greatly received.

1- When i log in as Admin, (/rcon login) and I (for eg) try /map_rotate the server rotates the map but changes the server to 'listen server' I am no longer on the 'on-line server' !

2- Is there a command to set my admin status, so that I don't have to log in as admin everytime I join?

3- I have 1 reserved private slot for myself should the server be full. Is there a command to always join the server using the private slot password?

4- Server is set up using stock settings with a few little tweaks. What should Spectate type be set at (currently 0) I would like to be able to spectate my remaining team mates from their perspective.

5- Can individual weapon strength be tweaked?

Kind Regards

2) you can set PB power but you will have a whole different set of commands, I would just use a config as in above.

3) in your configuration for the server (non pb) change:

// Player slots setup

// Number of private player slots, maxclients - privateclients = public slots

set sv_privateclients "1"

then

change this line to what ever you want your password to be

set sv_privatePassword "passhere" // Private slots, non-public slots

when you join your server you will need to enter your password and you will have you own slot

4) team spectate I believe is

set scr_game_spectatetype "1"

I have yet to test this with Call of Duty 5 I used to use this with the other Call of Duty games.

In your multilayer shortcut properties add the following in the target line after "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\CoDWaWmp.exe"

+password password +rcon login password +connect ***.***.***.***:*****

That added line SHOULD connect you to the server entered using the private slot password and have you all ready logged in to rcon in that server.

does this also work on cod4? and when you say +password password+ ( do you mean type the PW twice with a space?) +rcon login password+ (just the PW or rcon login _____?)

does this also work on cod4? and when you say +password password+ ( do you mean type the PW twice with a space?) +rcon login password+ (just the PW or rcon login _____?)

It works with all COD progs EXCEPT CODWaW.

In a desktop shortcut right click, and in the target area after the exe" add (1space)+rcon login (yourpass) (1space)+password(your pvtslotpass)

You can also expand this to go straight into a server by adding (1space)+connect XXX XXX XXX XXX:XXXXX.

The target line would then read:

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe" +rcon login xxxxx + password xxxxxx +connect xxx xxx xxx xxx:xxxxx

This will put you straight into the server of choice logged into rcon with private pass slot enabled.

It's best if you have a few servers you like to make a copy of the original shortcut, add the commands and then rename the shortcut for each one you create.

As I say - it wont work with CODWaW because the authentication system prevents it.

Hope this helps B)

I suggest you appeal for an SGA account (Streaming Game Admin)

Besides the streaming protection you get into the SGA forum who contain so much more info at your disposal.

Read up on this first, and you will be streaming before you know it:

Good luck.

WOW :D

Thanks very much for ALL the help chaps.

I also used to use this method in UO: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe" +rcon login xxxxx + password xxxxxx +connect xxx xxx xxx xxx:xxxxx

Shame it no longer works in WaW.

The rcon config placed in the main folder was really useful, BUT! it seems I need to exec it everytime I join the server, is this correct?

Also, I have FF enabled (which is bound to attract the odd TK'er) what is the command to view slot numbers on the server & the command to ban?

Once again, many thanks for the help. :D

Using the shortcut command makes it very easy for malicious people to get your RCON password. Use the .cfg method as described by Merlintime.

Yes, the config must be executed each time you join the server :)

/rcon status

To display slot numbers

/rcon banuser [slotnumber]

To ban :)

WOW :D

Thanks very much for ALL the help chaps.

I also used to use this method in UO: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe" +rcon login xxxxx + password xxxxxx +connect xxx xxx xxx xxx:xxxxx

Shame it no longer works in WaW.

The rcon config placed in the main folder was really useful, BUT! it seems I need to exec it everytime I join the server, is this correct?

Also, I have FF enabled (which is bound to attract the odd TK'er) what is the command to view slot numbers on the server & the command to ban?

Once again, many thanks for the help. :D

Instead of using: +rcon login xxxxx in startup,

make an rcon.cfg file and put in: rcon login xxxxx

Then just /exec rcon from console, FYI, never bind rcon login to buttons, it can be logged if you are guesting other servers and accidently press that button.

Again, many thanks for the fantastic help and quick replies. Now the server is as I would like it.

Having admined a (UO) server in the past I am fully aware of the benefits of streaming, my intentions are to see what happens over the next month or so with this server and I may well be back for a little help with setting up a streaming server.

Kind Regards

Camper.

:D

Again, many thanks for the fantastic help and quick replies. Now the server is as I would like it.

Having admined a (UO) server in the past I am fully aware of the benefits of streaming, my intentions are to see what happens over the next month or so with this server and I may well be back for a little help with setting up a streaming server.

Kind Regards

Camper.

:D

I see not why you want to wait, it takes about max 5 minutes to set up and 1 minutes with rcon ingame when an application for SGA is approved ;)

Hello (again)

One thing I forgot to ask in my original post, although I have since tried to find the info albeit unsuccesfully: How can I display console messages on the server?

On the UO servers there was something called 'Rude Dogs Message Centre" (or something like that!) that enabled one to show reccuring messages on the server. Is there something similar or can messages be set via the server config?

Most servers out there display console messages, how are they doing this?

:huh:

Hello (again)

One thing I forgot to ask in my original post, although I have since tried to find the info albeit unsuccesfully: How can I display console messages on the server?

On the UO servers there was something called 'Rude Dogs Message Centre" (or something like that!) that enabled one to show reccuring messages on the server. Is there something similar or can messages be set via the server config?

Most servers out there display console messages, how are they doing this?

:huh:

I'll tell you if you apply for an SGA account ;)

You will also notice you will get hold of features such as HUB greetings for your members on your server(s) and a public announcement live banning feature telling who got caught cheating etc. All, off course possible to a disable, actually they are not even enabled when you server start to stream but available through Manage Account panel available as an SGA. Plus the fact your server will be more protected from cheaters, you don't run your OS without an Anti-Virus program do you?

Join PBBans