CD Key Ban

LastEnemy

Hey guys this is the situation.

I bought my friend 2142 for Christmas online. I used my EA online account and bought it there. He downloaded EA Downloader on his PC and I loged in and installed it it on his PC. So since both of us were up and running we jumped right into the game and started playing. I got banned from a server for a duplicate CD Key issue and we contacted EA support about it. We both uninstalled the games and he installed his copy first using the correct CD Key that comes programmed with the game when you buy it online (it used my CD Key that's why there was a duplicate, i have no idea how it happened) so then I installed my copy using my CD Key and didnt have any issues after that. However I can't join the clan I would like to join until this ban is lifted. How do I go about doing that??

my in game name is LastEnemy so you can look up my ban that way.

sorry for writing so much ><

Edited by LastEnemy

The guid you have entered is caused by having an invalid CDKey entered in Battlefield 2142.

This guid is globally banned by evenbalance. If you are getting a ban message with this GUID try reinstalling Battlefield 2142.

You need to reinstall the game and it will be fixed :)

You need to reinstall the game and it will be fixed :)

Thanks so much!! :lol:

Good to see at least someone reads those threads.

Glad to hear it's solved :)

Haha I usually overlook those kinda threads but I cared enough to look for something that would help me this time :D thanks

Now that the issue is resolved how does he get that guid removed from the MPi as a caught GUID?

He can't. The GUID is banned by us and every other AC outfit, as well as being globally banned by Evenbalance themselves.

The GUID is caused by having an invalid cd key entered on installation. So, nobody who gets that GUID has hacked - but it will remain on our MBI to prevent people with improper cd keys accessing servers. To be linked to it on the MPI is no big deal at all - hell, if I type in my CD key wrong in 2142, I would be linked to it too ;)

He can't. The GUID is banned by us and every other AC outfit, as well as being globally banned by Evenbalance themselves.

The GUID is caused by having an invalid cd key entered on installation. So, nobody who gets that GUID has hacked - but it will remain on our MBI to prevent people with improper cd keys accessing servers. To be linked to it on the MPI is no big deal at all - hell, if I type in my CD key wrong in 2142, I would be linked to it too ;)

Thanks for the clarification.

• 1 month later...