Uploading pbsv.cfg file

injuneer

I have been trying to get my BF1942 server streaming for several hours now. I have uploaded teh pbsc.cfg to the correct location, but when I restart the server as per the instructions, the server loads the previous stock pbsv.cfg file. I have even deleted the stock file and replaced it with the new in the game control panel as well as the FTP, but upon restart, the old file replaces the pbbans cfg file. Am I doing something wrong?

Hhhhmmmm!

FTP is the way to go, retrieve from server ammend and send back to overwrite, or send new file of same name to overwrite. Why it gets over written?

You could maybe do a work around, create a new PB config file like PBtag.cfg then have:

pb_sv_load pbtag.cfg

In your server config, this will also prove you can upload file to your server via FTP, thus if you can't see this new file in your PB folder, then you have issues with your FTP.

I was just about to post look at:

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html#rcon

Setting up via rcon, which is essentially the same as above

:P

But if neither of these work, you can always use the work around until you find out what the issue with the server is.

Edited by {BFK}Britisches_FreiKorps

Auto setup doesn't support 1942 and tried through the RM and still nothing.

So did you try the work around?

1. to see you can create a new file on the server to eliminate FTP issues

2. to get the pb config running via the alternate PB config with the pb_sv_load command in the server config.

RM is the RCON?

Try the PB web interface option (in the automated thingy) it's universal before my above post.....sorry

Edited by {BFK}Britisches_FreiKorps

try this: put the streaming setup cfg into /pb/pbsvuser.cfg and restart pb

"punkbuster server loads pbsvuser.cfg on startup to contain any admin supplied PB commands/settings that shouldn't be overwritten by pb_sv_writecfg"

two things to check:

- is pbucon.use present in /pb

- is punkbuster version v1.457 -- v2.110 | A1331

For best results i used the RCon setup* with X:\Path_to_BF1942\AdminTool\RemoteConsole.exe -u username -p password -port 6711 server-IP (create a windows shortcut or .BAT)

pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use

pb_sv_restart

pb_sv_task 10 7000 pb_sv_ver

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

pb_sv_usessionlimit 16

pb_sv_autoupdban 1

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub pbbanshub

pb_sv_writecfg

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I have been able to get back to this. Server is streaming now, but I still can't get the PBbans cfg file to stick. Every restart causes an overwrite to the default files. I just looked and there is no pbucon.use file. How do I get that in there?

Been a while since I have been able to get back to this. Server is streaming now, but I still can't get the PBbans cfg file to stick. Every restart causes an overwrite to the default files. I just looked and there is no pbucon.use file. How do I get that in there?

Your server can't be successfully streaming without pbucon.use, so it has to be present somewhere.

Are you using some sort of webpanel provided by your host to access the files?

Either way, I suggest you contact your host about this, they will most likely be able to help you further in this matter, as it sounds like something from their side.