Problem finding a post

Hi all,

I made a post about two weeks ago regarding GGV/C streaming, but for some reason it seems the forum db is on the fritz as I can't use 'my assistant' to bring up my last posts, plus when I check other users, there are no posts listed under there profile? Is this just me, I've tried searching for all posts by 'm00f' to no avail and I can't find where I posted it lol..

Am I losing my mind!!?? :)

Cheers

m00f

Are you sure you posted it on this forum?

You did make a post about 2 weeks ago, but it was about BF2 ingame-messages..can't find anything about GV/GGC streaming either.

Yeah, I'm 90% sure I posted it here, I'd just been in IRC trying to get some support to no avail, so posted it up here, oh well maybe I'm just going mad :)

Basically my question was this, currently our server is streaming to pbbans, however I recently recieved an email regarding one of the leagues we compete in, and it's introduction of new rules with the use of GV - Ie streaming to another organisation, now my aim is to have as many hack free matches as possible, however when I looked at the configs they want us to use for this GV the md5 tools are seriously lacking, like I have probably 10 times as many entries in my current configs, I want to stream to GV but I don't want to lose my current md5's...

Of course I could just create a config to execute whenever we have a clan match and use their files only, but kinda defeates the objext of having the MD5's in the first place.

I just want to know if anyone has gone through this process already? and whether they stuck with the default files provided? the league is a bf2142 ladder for clanbase.

I haven't had much sleep so apologies if this post isn't coherent as it could be, but I hope it does make sense :)

Thanks

m00f

Dual-streaming is possible, even to GV. GV uses pbucon, so you'd simply have to add the needed uconadd line with their IP to your list in your pbsv.cfg file, and increase your usessionlimit by 1 to make this possible.

Ok I'll give it a try, will streaming to two locations increase lag on oury server noticebly? Or is the data packets sent negligble?

Thanks for the Info! I'll let you know how it goes!

Ok I'll give it a try, will streaming to two locations increase lag on oury server noticebly? Or is the data packets sent negligble?

Thanks for the Info! I'll let you know how it goes!

It's pretty negligible, you should probably not notice any difference.

Biggest logs we have for one day is about 10-20MB so

Right now all our 6000+ servers are sending 700-800kb/s :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for your help with this, I'm still having a couple of issues....

What I've done, is incorporate the confisg I recieved from GV and uploaded the necessary ammendments....

So now I have a server which quite happily streams to GV....

So, having that working I then attempted to make it continue to stream to pbbans, as when I logged in it said 'hub deactivated' not full sure what that means but I clicked activate... and it activated the server but says it's not streaming..

in my pbsv.cfg I have this:

pb_sv_usessionlimit 2

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 "91.121.168.38:" "GVUCON" "YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE"

pb_sv_uconadd 1 "64.27.21.46" "pbbanshub" "pbbanshub"

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

Have I done this correctly? I wasn't sure of the syntax with the pb_sv_uconadd

Perform the following to ensure the PBBans UCon profile is loading correctly.

To verify that all is working , after restarting PB, type pb_sv_uconlist via rcon, the server should give the following response:

PunkBuster Client: [slot] [Type] [Mask] [Name]

PunkBuster Client: 1 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub

PunkBuster Client: End of PB UCON Profile List (1 Entry)

Ensure the line shown in red is listed.