Denied application

Light_Bulb

Surely it would make sense to allow me to reply instead of closing threads off so quickly?

Refferring to: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82329

"1.1 Game Server - A game server shall be defined as a network server running a program that acts as a hub for clients to connect to for the purpose of interaction. For the purposes of clarification, PBBans will only allow streaming from dedicated servers and not from LAN or personal computers."

What I have are game servers that act as hubs for clients to connect to for the purposes of interaction. My servers ARE dedicated servers. They are owned by me, but not 'personal computers' in the sense that is implied.

The topology I have is identical to the topology the average data centre would have (I speak from personal knowledge because I work in one as a Systems Engineer). I do have support servers connected to a network with my DEDICATED game servers. I have multiple redundant WAN connections (much like a DC would have) and so forth. I feel that I should not be discriminated against because one of those WAN connections is used to test my servers by me!

As for 'get the server(s) co-located in a data center or rent a game server from a GSP.' I qualify as a GSP and what I run is effectively a datacentre as the racks I have are filled with both my own and clients servers. I do not run 'a couple of home servers', I run a business from racks of my personal server equipment, the same as other GSPs.

I feel that your rules do not apply in this case because I feel you have created an incorrect notion of what I am actually doing. If you need proof that the servers I host are legit then look at the facts - one of my servers is the top CoD4 server in NZ; has been for months, and I have 3 CoD4 servers in the Top 10.

If you still wish to decline my application, that is your prerogative, however, as a matter of BAU you should give people their right of reply before closing off threads and remove the need for them to create additional threads.

Thanks,

LB

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?sho...=82214&st=0

The last thing we want to see is long threads in the streaming center sections because the applicant has different idea's as to what a datacenter is, hence the closure of denied applications, and the closure of your thread disagreeing with that decision.

The ruleset we have in place at the moment is pretty severe when vetting streaming applicants and it will not get any easier to obtain a streaming account at any time in the future.

If you fail any of the standard checks that are in place for every streaming applicant, then the application will be denied as a matter of course.

If you fail to qualify for a team account here there are other anti cheat sites that you can apply to that are less stringent with vetting than we are here.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=links.php

I work in a Datacentre for a living and therefore know what a datacentre is.

The only thing that differs from your idea of a datacentre and me is that I has been known to use one of my WAN connections to connect to other servers from.

However, I understand that everyone has their own rules and wishes to enforce them as they wish.

As it is obvious that your apparently false impression of what it is that I run is unlikely to change then I have no intention on following this further.

If a "server IP" appears in the MPI we simply will not allow it to stream. There is no legitimate reason why a gameserver should ever be playing the game it's hosting.

If a "server IP" appears in the MPI we simply will not allow it to stream. There is no legitimate reason why a gameserver should ever be playing the game it's hosting.

The game server isn't 'playing the game its hosting'.

If the game server and a user (Me) share the same gateway the external IP will appear to be the same.

The internal IP could be completely different, different VLans, different subnets, different location, but if routed so that they are presented to the internet from the same gateway then they will have the same internet facing IP.

The game server isn't 'playing the game its hosting'.

If the game server and a user (Me) share the same gateway the external IP will appear to be the same.

The internal IP could be completely different, different VLans, different subnets, different location, but if routed so that they are presented to the internet from the same gateway then they will have the same internet facing IP.

Either way, the server will not be permitted to stream to us for that reason. It is for security reasons on our end.