Windows 7

uNi&*Star*

Hi i am having a problem with my server..

The problem is i am running windows 7 and i get kicked because pb doesnt know what it is..

is there anything i can change on my config to allow it.. or is there anything u can do???

please help me on this matter as windows 7 build 7068 even through its beta stages is the best operating system TO DATE!!

please can u do something about this.... Here is the log of y i get kicked..

Kick Command Issued (RESTRICTION: Unknown Windows API Function [131131]) for (slot#1)

the server ip is 212.187.246.89:27960

please assist me on this matter..

Thanks in advance..

thats not good.... well how can i mod my config so it will ignore that error then... im sure there is a way round it. y doing something to the server config...

No way around it I am afraid. Punkbuster will not work in Windows 7.

o.k. after my searches on google people are getting the same error without having windows 7 so its not a problem related to windows 7 its something else...

but i dont know what it is... does anyone else...

EvenBalance, the makers of PunkBuster have already stated that Windows 7 is not supported by PunkBuster. The Staff here has also made it clear....not sure what you are after.....PB won't work correctly with an operating system that isn't out of Beta.

o.k. after my searches on google people are getting the same error without having windows 7 so its not a problem related to windows 7 its something else...

but i dont know what it is... does anyone else...

Beta Software Defined

'Beta' is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to users for software testing before its official release. Beta testing allows the software to undergo usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.

Beta software is for testing and not guaranteed to work all applications. I'm sure Evenbalance (among many others software developers) are performing their own tests to determine how their software will run on the new operating system. Recommend you pass on the issues you are experiencing to Microsoft and Evenbalance. Be advised: Do not take offense if you do not get a response from either.

In short, if you want to use beta software, be prepared to drink a "cup of suck it up" when problems are experienced.

Perhaps the issues you report will help correct any issues with Windows 7 and Punkbuster so the rest of us do not have to suffer. :)

• 2 weeks later...

start-run, enter "services.msc" without quotes and hit enter.

open PnkBstrA service, "Log on" tab anc check "Allow service to interact with desktop"

hit ok.

do the same with PnkBstrB service.

Should work now.